IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

Resigned to him going now, another huge waste imo. Not sure how people can say he hasn't done anything here, he made a huge difference coming on in the Derby and won the match in the dead rubber at Limassol, a match our so called manager at the time couldn't be arsed watching. Not sure how much more you can expect a kid who was only given cameos to do. He wants to play football, good luck to him. I expect us to regret selling him in years to come. 

1 hour ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I have a lot of respect for Lookman. I've said before in this thread that, in the same situation, I would do the same and I'd encourage others to do so as well.

This club is no longer a good place for young players to make their mark in the league. Very very few will get the chance to come through. 

Agree completely. Which when you watch the fucking dross we put out last year in inexcusable. I'd walk if Bolasie kept getting picked ahead of me. 

3 hours ago, Paddock said:

Do me a favour Shukes, don’t tell me what I meant to say- I said it and I know what I meant when I did- however you interpret it is up to you but please don’t tell me what I meant to say. He done nothing here when he was given a chance, he got sub appearances and starts against lower league teams in Germany and he’s happy to settle for that- so yes he’s found his level- it’s then up to him whether he kicks on or stays at that level. People don’t get to a level and stop- Rodwell was at a high level for a while then fell off a cliff, now his level is a lot lower.

He’s removed Everton from his bio, the Leipzig owner or manager said he said he wants to go, he’s not kicked a ball in anger all season and lots of media outlets are reporting he’s pushing for a move so I would assume there’s no smoke without fire. Yes he’s young and he may go on to better things but he’s kidding himself if he thinks he’s enough credit in the bank to be dictating a starting place in any line up.

He’s done nothing here because Koeman played undeserving favorites and Crooked Sam wrote off most younger players and tried to farm a world champion to the lower leagues. Lookman has the potential to become a top class player, and we need a plan in place to ensure this happens -at Everton. 

2 hours ago, nogs said:

Resigned to him going now, another huge waste imo. Not sure how people can say he hasn't done anything here, he made a huge difference coming on in the Derby and won the match in the dead rubber at Limassol, a match our so called manager at the time couldn't be arsed watching. Not sure how much more you can expect a kid who was only given cameos to do. He wants to play football, good luck to him. I expect us to regret selling him in years to come. 

1 derby match against the shites 2nd string, and a game against bloody Limassol (where Vlasic was more impressive IMO). 

He hasnt had much chance here, but bar a cameo here and there he hasnt shown that he should have been given that much of a chance. The little bits of him that I have seen in the training clips also suggest the same. Now he obviously did very well in Germany, people might right them off as rubbish but his teammates werent doing the same and there is a long list of young players who started finding their feet at a lower level before doing the same in the big leagues.

We may or may not regret it but Richarlison hasnt already shown in the couple of games that I have seen him that he is head and shoulders above Lookman, absolutely no competition. When you compare the potential prices of the two, financially it would be no surprise if he was allowed to leave, especially when it would seem that the player wants to go.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

He’s done nothing here because Koeman played undeserving favorites and Crooked Sam wrote off most younger players and tried to farm a world champion to the lower leagues. Lookman has the potential to become a top class player, and we need a plan in place to ensure this happens -at Everton. 

Steve he may well develope into a top class player and he may not, but if he’s not prepared to be a squad player who works for a place in the 1st team he has to go, if rumours are true he sees his future else where anyway. 

You cant give into player demands especially from kids who think they are better than they are, if he truly believes he should be in the 1st team he should keep his mouth shut get his head out the clouds and prove it on the training pitch, not try to hold a gun against the clubs head with playing demands because he knows another team have put an offer in. 

If he goes because he forced it I hope he fires a few blanks to bring him back down to earth. 

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

Steve he may well develope into a top class player and he may not, but if he’s not prepared to be a squad player who works for a place in the 1st team he has to go, if rumours are true he sees his future else where anyway. 

You cant give into player demands especially from kids who think they are better than they are, if he truly believes he should be in the 1st team he should keep his mouth shut get his head out the clouds and prove it on the training pitch, not try to hold a gun against the clubs head with playing demands because he knows another team have put an offer in. 

If he goes because he forced it I hope he fires a few blanks to bring him back down to earth. 

I don’t put too much stock in rumours. 

I don’t think anyone is suggesting we should give in to any demands. Haven’t read any comments at all suggesting that.

The only trying people are questioning, is what and if, any demands have been made. Again.... up to this point it’s all rumours, just like Digne didn’t want to sign until he sees who else is coming in for him.

A few of us just want to hold judgement until we know the truth. And I’m pretty sure that if these rumours come out to be true, then every man or woman on here will be glad to get rid.

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

1 derby match against the shites 2nd string, and a game against bloody Limassol (where Vlasic was more impressive IMO). 

He hasnt had much chance here, but bar a cameo here and there he hasnt shown that he should have been given that much of a chance. The little bits of him that I have seen in the training clips also suggest the same. Now he obviously did very well in Germany, people might right them off as rubbish but his teammates werent doing the same and there is a long list of young players who started finding their feet at a lower level before doing the same in the big leagues.

We may or may not regret it but Richarlison hasnt already shown in the couple of games that I have seen him that he is head and shoulders above Lookman, absolutely no competition. When you compare the potential prices of the two, financially it would be no surprise if he was allowed to leave, especially when it would seem that the player wants to go.

Well it's all about opinions but from what I've seen of him I think he would have done very well here given a consistent run of games. Your argument would have more merit if we hadn't been utter shite all of last season playing players who were utter shite week in, week out. 

8 hours ago, nogs said:

Well it's all about opinions but from what I've seen of him I think he would have done very well here given a consistent run of games. Your argument would have more merit if we hadn't been utter shite all of last season playing players who were utter shite week in, week out. 

I think that’s part of the reason people want him so much. We were so devoid of pace and direct running last season he was put on a pedestal and championed as the saviour which isn’t fair as he’s a young lad trying to make his way. Personally I don’t see it in him, I think he’s a decent young player and has the potential to do well but his attitude isn’t great- he should be getting his head down and working. He was advised by his peers to take a loan to the Championship to get him up to the speed, pace and physicality of the English leagues but he went against that and went to the German league which is his choice but I think he’d of been better suited to breaking into our team if he’d have torn the championship up- instead he done well coming of the Bench for Leipzig and playing in the “ lesser” games.

6 hours ago, Paddock said:

I think that’s part of the reason people want him so much. We were so devoid of pace and direct running last season he was put on a pedestal and championed as the saviour which isn’t fair as he’s a young lad trying to make his way. Personally I don’t see it in him, I think he’s a decent young player and has the potential to do well but his attitude isn’t great- he should be getting his head down and working. He was advised by his peers to take a loan to the Championship to get him up to the speed, pace and physicality of the English leagues but he went against that and went to the German league which is his choice but I think he’d of been better suited to breaking into our team if he’d have torn the championship up- instead he done well coming of the Bench for Leipzig and playing in the “ lesser” games.

It's not about putting him on a pedestal it's about having a proper look at a youngster we spent 10m on. And I'm not saying you're one of them but there are others on here who say Dowell isn'tt ready because 'he only did well for half a season in the Championship.' So I feel like young players can't win at this club.

I like the look of Lookman... but if he wants to leave and we can make abit of money on him then I'd wish him the best of luck and let him go, there must be a reason why he hasn't been near the team for our last 3 managers now, and when he's been given opportunity he hasn't done enough to force the mangers hand he's been very hit and miss... For me he's not going to beat Richarlison or Walcott to the first team spot  but he would be a good back up just seems that he wants more than that!

16 minutes ago, StevO said:

I have real issue with point number three. You keep quoting this about our players who were in that squad. It was an under 20’s World Cup. That’s not something they can quote as being a “World Cup winner” you can quote him as an “under 20’s World Cup winner”. To keep using it as a measure of talent in the senior game is a million miles away from accurate. Pogba is a World Cup winner, that’s the level of a World Cup winner. Not someone from the under 20’s. Yes, it’s a great achievement, but at that level, it’s no bearing on elite level football, it’s not even close. 

Yeah but we all know how Cornish works!!! So it's safe!!!

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

good point, sandro richarlison, walcott, lookman.  i like that group.  get rid bolasie vlasic and mirallas.  i'd loan out vlasic, i still like him.

I’m fine with Sandro so long as he learns to shoot, cross and score. Otherwise, his work rate alone isn’t good enough for the position he has to play. 

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’m fine with Sandro so long as he learns to shoot, cross and score. Otherwise, his work rate alone isn’t good enough for the position he has to play. 

His crossing seems to have improved if pre season is anything to go by. He did whip a good deal of crosses in, almost Gerry like. 

I was pleasantly surprised by him pre season. Hard working, good first touch, fast turn. It’s just that last little bit when he’s in front of goal.... composure.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

His crossing seems to have improved if pre season is anything to go by. He did whip a good deal of crosses in, almost Gerry like. 

I was pleasantly surprised by him pre season. Hard working, good first touch, fast turn. It’s just that last little bit when he’s in front of goal.... composure.

Yeah, me too. Thought he looked alright out there.

Plenty of effort...good on set pieces...never stopped moving.

Granted, he needs to show more but I think he did enough to buy himself more time at the club.

That's not to say I think he's awesome super fantastic...just that there is a little something there that we haven't seen yet.

4 hours ago, StevO said:

I have real issue with point number three. You keep quoting this about our players who were in that squad. It was an under 20’s World Cup. That’s not something they can quote as being a “World Cup winner” you can quote him as an “under 20’s World Cup winner”. To keep using it as a measure of talent in the senior game is a million miles away from accurate. Pogba is a World Cup winner, that’s the level of a World Cup winner. Not someone from the under 20’s. Yes, it’s a great achievement, but at that level, it’s no bearing on elite level football, it’s not even close. 

The point is that he is one of England's brightest hopes in a generation that may turn out to be the world's best. This is why it is so relevant - and would be tragedy if we give him away for a stupidly low fee.

22 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

The point is that he is one of England's brightest hopes in a generation that may turn out to be the world's best. This is why it is so relevant - and would be tragedy if we give him away for a stupidly low fee.

I won a drawing competition when I was 10, I didn’t grow up to be Picasso. 

He might be a talented prospect, but don’t pin you hopes on the Under 20 World Cup as a measure of how good he might be. It’s a million miles away from the standard required. 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

He might be a talented prospect, but don’t pin you hopes on the Under 20 World Cup as a measure of how good he might be. It’s a million miles away from the standard required. 

Your analogy doesn't work. He didn't just play on an U-8 team that won a YMCA league. As a World Cup winner, he's been identified as one of the elite in the emerging generation of top English players. You're right that it doesn't guarantee success, but I can't think of many better indicators of it.

5 hours ago, StevO said:

Was that an international drawing competition against everyone in your age bracket .........or for a Blue Peter badge? 😉