IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

11 hours ago, Palfy said:

If he starts he’s favourite to go on the right being naturally right footed which I don’t feel would benefit the team. 

I know most don’t like Walcott and felt he was poor today, not me the amount of work he did off the ball was unselfish he plugged holes and backed Coleman up, Hazard started on our right but didn’t really get much joy because he wasn’t given the space to work in due to Walcott getting back and filling gaps he likes to play in. 

Then he switched to our left and got a lot more time and space and started to dictate the game, and the biggest reason for that was Bernard, he didn’t have the intelligence or experience to help the left back and left Digne exposed, for me Bernard was far poorer than Walcott today with the amount of work he did off the ball, he’s one of them players because of his size that looks pleasing to watch but although he can look busy his contribution to the team is low. 

So if Lookman is to start it would be Bernard that would make way for him, and then you have to think would that be detrimental to Lookmans own game playing on his unfavoured side, but I wouldn’t swap him for Walcott and leave the biggest problem of Bernard. 

I thoughtthe opposite. Bernard got through more defensive work and did more to get us on the ball and up the pitch, first half at least. 

Both are struggling with that final ball/shot but Bernie does more in the game to influence our play. Purely on stats alone Bernard had 2 more tackles/interceptions and had 2 key passes (none for Walcott). Im not saying Bernard played well or anything like that, I just dont think it is as clear cut as you think in respect of Bernards defensive contribution.

I also dont think it matters which side Lookman plays as he can beat a man both ways. 

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

I thoughtthe opposite. Bernard got through more defensive work and did more to get us on the ball and up the pitch, first half at least. 

Both are struggling with that final ball/shot but Bernie does more in the game to influence our play. Purely on stats alone Bernard had 2 more tackles/interceptions and had 2 key passes (none for Walcott). Im not saying Bernard played well or anything like that, I just dont think it is as clear cut as you think in respect of Bernards defensive contribution.

I also dont think it matters which side Lookman plays as he can beat a man both ways. 

I think a few final balls better and he looks a completely different prospect.

He is struggling with the final ball and taking players on, but his first time balls and sharp passing is a different level for me.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

I think a few final balls better and he looks a completely different prospect.

He is struggling with the final ball and taking players on, but his first time balls and sharp passing is a different level for me.

He just looks like a guy trying to settle in but you can also see that he is thinking the right things even if they arent coming off. He looks more in tune with Gomes / Siggy / Richarlison than Walcott IMO.

8 hours ago, StevO said:

I hate that kind of thing. If he wants to play he needs to prove it to his manager on a daily basis and be better than those around him. Earn it! Don’t need to be hearing from his international manager. 

Hard to do when you’re being told one thing by agents and have some of the most pigheaded managers to convince though. 

14 hours ago, Matt said:

Hard to do when you’re being told one thing by agents and have some of the most pigheaded managers to convince though. 

I understand the situation he was in Matt, just don’t need to be told it again from his international manager. Everyone at the club kept quiet over this during the summer, including the player, but this is the second time he has spoken public about it. I’m used to players talking rubbish to the press on international duty, but when their managers do it I just don’t find it helpful to anyone involved.