IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

28 minutes ago, Palfy said:

In all fairness Shukes if you make a statement like that people are going to want to know what drew you to that conclusion, I do understand what you are saying because the question was put in a way that could be considered as dismissive of what you said.

So what makes you feel that Lookman isn'tttt getting on with other players I didn't see yesterday's game so I'd be interested in what you saw to make you feel that way.

He doesn’t seem to sit there laughing and joking with his teammates. And the roll of the eyes when Siggy didn’t get on the end of his cross. 

Like I said, there’s no conclusion. Just a simple feeling. Something doesn’t feel right with this whole situation for me.

I have a bad feeling about this!

edit:

And don’t forget... Lookman isn’t new, he has been here for a lot longer than twenty minutes.

35 minutes ago, Shukes said:

He doesn’t seem to sit there laughing and joking with his teammates. And the roll of the eyes when Siggy didn’t get on the end of his cross. 

Like I said, there’s no conclusion. Just a simple feeling. Something doesn’t feel right with this whole situation for me.

I have a bad feeling about this!

edit:

And don’t forget... Lookman isn’t new, he has been here for a lot longer than twenty minutes.

Maybe he's still thinking of what might have been, he hasn't seemed a happy player for a while, no choice now but to knuckle down and prove he's the player he thinks he is.

• 2 weeks later...

According to a source close to Lookman, the 20-year-old is set to announce his decision to switch his allegiance to Nigeria.

This is after he turned down the opportunity to switch his allegiance to Nigeria after a meeting with the Amaju Pinnick who is the President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) earlier in 2018.

Although it not known what changed his stance, Pulse Sports source revealed the 20-year-old has made up his mind to play for Nigeria.

“An announcement will be made soon, I’m close to his management and they have confirmed that he has made the decision,” the Pulse Sports source said.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Obviously been brought down to earth a bit and do any have the confidence to fight against the English lads for a place. 

Some strange things going on with this lad. Hope he isn’t another Eto in the making.

Doesn't seem to have any fight whatsoever, for any sort of battle. Not sure he's got the mind to make anything of himself.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Doesn't seem to have any fight whatsoever, for any sort of battle. Not sure he's got the mind to make anything of himself.

completely agree with this, he wants the path of least resistance and isn'tt willing to fight for anything.  this guy is really proving to have a bad attitude.

39 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Maybe he is looking at players like Loftus-Cheek waste their development years away doing almost nothing competitively.

He wants to play football, how that means he has no fight or a bad attitude is beyond me.

As for the international side of things maybe it's personal reasons, which would be unfair to judge him on. 

Different for different people I suppose.

Me... if I play for England, I play for them. I wouldn’t just change my allegiance to have an easier route, if I’m not good enough, then I fight to be good enough.

Not saying this is what has happened, just commenting if the rumours are true..... like we all are!

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Different for different people I suppose.

Me... if I play for England, I play for them. I wouldn’t just change my allegiance to have an easier route, if I’m not good enough, then I fight to be good enough.

Not saying this is what has happened, just commenting if the rumours are true..... like we all are!

Very good point but I'd be surprised if it is the truth, as StevO mentioned if he's in the u21 squad I doubt he will be switching anytime soon.

I want him to play for Everton as much as the next man, but everyone seems to be jumping all over him lately because he wants to play football which he isn'tt doing here. Minus all the international rumours he seems to have the right attitude not the wrong attitude. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

As far as I'm concerned he should never wear An Everton shirt again he is not interested he couldn't wait to get off the pitch and I'm sure he dodged Silva on the way off big mistake not taking the money offered and to think he's blocking a young player who wants to play.

Me too, he was th first off the pitch today, head down, didn't have the balls to look around and acknowledge the fans. As for his playing time, did nothing of note.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Biggest improvement was his application. Did you see him waiting to come on and taking instructions, was listening and looking interested.

Ran into the pitch with enthusiasm as well.

That’s good to hear hopefully he can see he has a future here and if he applies himself he can see there’s every opportunity to displace Walcott 

Thats what we need competition for places.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Two different styles of player, Walcott makes cutting runs and likes the ball put in front of him whereas Lookman tends to drift inside to get the ball to feet. Lookman will have to start tracking back if he hopes to ever start a prem game. 

Agreed he doesn’t work for the team and will need to as he is not a forward ala Lukaku.

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Agreed he doesn’t work for the team and will need to as he is not a forward ala Lukaku.

All forwards need to work these days MJB.  Unless the forwards side is at a distinct advantage over their opponents you can't have a static front man.  

The high press is starting to get utilised by more and more sides.  Every front player needs to put in the hard yards. 

Daniel Sturridge for me is one of the best finishers we've seen in the league.  Up there with Aguero... but he can't be used as much as a player of his talents should because he doesn't work hard enough for klopps system.