IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

Even if this year didnt go to plan then we would probably still get the same money in Jan/next summer. 

He impressed me more than I was expecting this time last year but he needs to play more games. Personally I think a season long loan with a recall clause would be the best option. 

He has two years left on his deal. You think he will sign a new one? I’m doubtful of that unless he gets serious game time. If it’s him and Bernie for left wing and Charley and let’s say a Malcolm for the right that means Walcott would be the one to make way. Or does he want a left footed player for the actual left side?  I’d prefer to keep Lookman over Walcott all day. If we sold Walcott and McCarthy that might buy you Malcolm. Walcotts wages are massive aswell. 

To put this into context, we signed Gomes for £22 million so selling Lookman for the above price means we've essentially acquired André for free. 

I really liked Ademola and had high hopes for him, especially after that goal against Manchester City but three managers have had a look at him and neither are willing to give him a run in the first team (remember that Brands will have had a big say in his Everton career too).

Whilst I do think that he can go on to be something special I trust the powers that be at Everton to make the right call. Since Brands and Silva started working together they have got a lot of things right so let's hope this is another wise move to fund other signings in areas we need to strengthen.

Let's not forget that Lookman hasn't had his heart set on Red Bull for a while either, it's a miracle he didn't depart last summer.

He could turn out to be an outstanding player but we won’t miss what we don’t play, but in the future we could regret it but you can’t keep going what if. 

We don’t play him so it makes no sense to stand in his way, let him go to try and develop his career. 

Think it had to happen for all parties - dont think we will miss him based on number of apps for us last season, weve doubled our money on him and we probably couldnt wait much longer for him to break into 1st team. Lookman also gets chance to kick start his career again.

Things starting to move up a gear for us now transferswise - would like to see an attacking replacement in next for us. We do seem to have to balance the wage book a bit - player out before the next player comes in...

Have trust in Brands

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

To put this into context, we signed Gomes for £22 million so selling Lookman for the above price means we've essentially acquired André for free. 

I really liked Ademola and had high hopes for him, especially after that goal against Manchester City but three managers have had a look at him and neither are willing to give him a run in the first team (remember that Brands will have had a big say in his Everton career too).

Whilst I do think that he can go on to be something special I trust the powers that be at Everton to make the right call. Since Brands and Silva started working together they have got a lot of things right so let's hope this is another wise move to fund other signings in areas we need to strengthen.

Let's not forget that Lookman hasn't had his heart set on Red Bull for a while either, it's a miracle he didn't depart last summer.

Think you’re being generous in your definition of managers...

Really like Lookman as a player, but can see that something just isn’t sitting right. 

Ther must be some reason why he doesn’t get played. He doesn’t play here, so no point in keeping him on. Move him on and let his place go to another youngster so they have a chance of making something of theirselves.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

LEIPZIG CLOSE ON LOOKMAN

Sky Sources: Everton have agreed a deal in principle with RB Leipzig for the transfer of Ademola Lookman.

The fee is worth up to £22.5m, and the deal likely to go through in the next 24 hours.

More than Gomes 😂😳 well that’s good negotiation. .....if true

6 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Ryan Frazier from Bournemouth impressed last season, fast, delivers a good cross ( DCL  can put those away ) scores a few and tracks back, send Walcott in the opposite direction.

I think that's a good shout. He was excellent last season. 

Happy for him. He’s not been given a chance, and whilst I think he’s overrated by some and played in the wrong position, I’ll happily let him go. Disappointed with with how we’ve handled the whole thing to be honest.