IGNORED

The Run-up and battle for Europe this campaign

Barring an epic arsenal collapse it looks like our battle is 7th with west brom. Arsenal have 3 games in hand and are level with us now. We'd need some serious losing streak on their part to battle for 6th. Still I'd love to finish above them.

We'd need them to draw 2 and lose 1 of their games and win ours, then we're level, right? I'm not giving up hope just yet

yeah don't worry i still think it's do-able, but 1 point from the 2 matches we need at least 3, gonna be tough from here on. Arsenal has a lot easier run in as well.

forst season mate, I'm not worried

And don't be deceived by "easy run-ins", we should've have walked over Palace on our way to 4th...

Run In -

United play Sunderland, Chelsea, Burnley, Man City, Swansea, Arsenal, Spurs, Palace

Arse plays boro, palace, sunderland, leicester, spurs, united, stoke everton.

we play leicester, burnley, west ham, chelsea, swansea, watford, arsenal

we play 2 in top 7, arse plays 3 in top 7, united plays 4 in top 7.

we have easiest run in. not sure who i thought we had left.

MATT IS RIGHT, WE CAN DO IT :guns:

Guest rusty747

arsenal won 3-0. we're now 3 points behind 5/6th and both teams have 2 games in hand :getmecoat:

Ageed, it won't be easy but we need to stop looking at other teams now and just win our games. That is what will put pressure on the teams around us and that, if anything, is what will cause them to slip up.

Still plenty of games left :)

This and plenty of winnable games if we pull our fingers out... 12/15 points is my guesstimate by the end of the season

In a decent position considering the shite from last season and with 7th getting a Europa spot it's likely we'll have Europa to (look forward to) depending on how you feel about it ?

Edited by EFC-Paul

Ten points clear of West Brom with six games left, fourteen ahead of Saints though they have two games more, seventh in the bag surely; top four out of sight but if we can pick up 15/16 points sixth is still not impossible.

yeah level with arsenal (down on goal difference) albeit they have 3 games in had. they have been playing like crap lately though so let's hope they continue to.

let's also hope atletico thrash leicester now that we've burst their bubble. we need them out of CL to confirm 7th get's Europa.

I want to see them do well, but not win it. Although the odds are massively against them (but so we're the odds for the EPL title!)

I want to see them do well, but not win it. Although the odds are massively against them (but so we're the odds for the EPL title!)

yeah the thing going for atletico is that they play the same style as leicester. so it's not like they don't know how to attack and defend it. plus i just think they have better quality all over the park.

What's left:

Chelsea - 31 pld - 75 pts - 21 pts clear

Spurs - 31 pld - 68 pts - 14 pts clear

Liverpool - 32 pld - 63 pts - A WBA, H Palace, A Watford, H Southampton, A West Ham, H Boro

City - 31 pld - 61 pts - A Southampton, H Utd, A Boro, H Palace, H Leicester, A Watford (H WBA TBD)

Utd - 30 pld - 57 pts - H Chelsea, A Burnley, A City, H Swans, A Arsenal, A Spurs, H Palace (A Southampton TBD)

Arsenal - 29 pld - 54 pts - A Palace, A Boro, H Leicester, A Spurs, H Utd, A Stoke, H EFC (H Sunderland TBD, A Southampton TBD)

Everton - 32 pld - 54 pts - H Burnley, A West Ham, H Chelsea, A Swans, H Watford, A Arsenal

For the dreamers seems to me possibility of moving up table goes Arsenal, Utd, Liverpool, City. Still remains incredibly unlikely but it's so refreshing to be in April and have something to play for after the past two seasons...

With the way our 2017 is going I feel 6th would be a deserved spot for us.

It's hard not to think back on the end of 2016 and think about how that poor run really cost us. Just two or three wins extra in that period, and we'd be challenging for third/fourth! I'm getting excited thinking about starting with a fresh slate and fresh/new players in 2017/2018 season.

I'm hoping Arsenal suffer a major defeat at the hands of Palace somehow.

With the way our 2017 is going I feel 6th would be a deserved spot for us.

It's hard not to think back on the end of 2016 and think about how that poor run really cost us. Just two or three wins extra in that period, and we'd be challenging for third/fourth! I'm getting excited thinking about starting with a fresh slate and fresh/new players in 2017/2018 season.

I'm hoping Arsenal suffer a major defeat at the hands of Palace somehow.

Palace are up 1-0.

Dare we believe

They'll still have two games on us. I'd love it if it could come down to a straight shoot-out in the last game of the season when we play them. Be a good opportunity to find out if we're made of stronger stuff now or still bottlers when the pressure is on.

i said this earlier in this thread as well, i love that it's the last match of the season.