IGNORED

The Run-up and battle for Europe this campaign

Right, just for Mike..

Yes it is as the 4 teams left in are all guaranteed to qualify for either CL or Europa via their league position.

Utd won the old League cup so that means 6th is guaranteed Europa, if Milwall don't win the FA Cup (and they wont) then whoever out of Arsenal, Utd/Chelsea, Man City and Spurs (if they win today) win the FA Cup then that place will also go to the league.

In short, we get 4 CL places and 3 Europa. 1-4 go to CL and 5th, winner of FA Cup and winner of the old league cup go into EuropaIf the winner of these have already qualified via finishing between 1st and 5th or 1st and 6th in this case as the league cup place has already gone to 6th then the place for the FA Cup goes to 7th.

Clear as mud eh.

Knowing our luck Milwall will lift the cup!

Right, just for Mike..

Yes it is as the 4 teams left in are all guaranteed to qualify for either CL or Europa via their league position.

Utd won the old League cup so that means 6th is guaranteed Europa, if Milwall don't win the FA Cup (and they wont) then whoever out of Arsenal, Utd/Chelsea, Man City and Spurs (if they win today) win the FA Cup then that place will also go to the league.

In short, we get 4 CL places and 3 Europa. 1-4 go to CL and 5th, winner of FA Cup and winner of the old league cup go into EuropaIf the winner of these have already qualified via finishing between 1st and 5th or 1st and 6th in this case as the league cup place has already gone to 6th then the place for the FA Cup goes to 7th.

Clear as mud eh.

Right. Get your passports ready lads. We're going to Azerbaijan in June!!!!

Right, just for Mike..

Clear as mud eh.

one more iteration. United wins Europa. we would have 5 CL spots and only 2 Europa (they take one away in this instance). We'd still be in Europa though because that second spot would drop to us (first would be 5th).

Edited by markjazzbassist

I think we should just make it easier and finish 4th.

id love that newts. Rooting for anyone who plays against the top 6 like they are Everton :)

Fixtures

Arsenal - west brom, Man City, west ham, palace, boro

man united - chelsea, boro, west brom, everton, sunderland

red shite - burnley, Man city, everton, bournemouth

They Derby and United matches are going to be massive. Not to mention our last match of the season is Arsenal and I could see it coming down to that. Let's just hope and pray the relegation battle teams nick some points of the likes of the above.

Although you're messing, in all seriousness, we still need to finish 7th yet. We lose to Utd and Shite and WBA win both those games it's 1 point between us.

That's assuming we beat Hull even.

You're right in that we can't take seventh for granted just yet but West Brom's next two games are Arse and ManU so hopefully we can stretch the seven point gap v Hull and that shower of shit who got lucky today.

You're right in that we can't take seventh for granted just yet but West Brom's next two games are Arse and ManU so hopefully we can stretch the seven point gap v Hull and that shower of shit who got lucky today.

Mdidn't realise they had those next. If we beat Hull and they lose we are 10 points ahead. I think that SHOULD be enough to see us home in 7th. I doubt very much we'll overhaul anyone above us but you never know.

We really are due a win against the shite ????

Mdidn't realise they had those next. If we beat Hull and they lose we are 10 points ahead. I think that SHOULD be enough to see us home in 7th. I doubt very much we'll overhaul anyone above us but you never know.

We really are due a win against the shite ????

On a slightly different note...how desperate are we for a win against the shite?!

I think we'll all agree...we really are so overdue a win! It would just Polish this 2nd half of the season off nicely!

On a slightly different note...how desperate are we for a win against the shite?!

I think we'll all agree...we really are so overdue a win! It would just Polish this 2nd half of the season off nicely!

Last win was in 2010 when Arteta and Cahill scored. Way, way overdue a win!! Edited by Geth

They have good players in the middle if you stand off and let them play, but they lack steel and bite if we get stuck in and press there fold, this is a great opportunity for us if we can get the derby passion and fight into our players to give em a beating.

If we finish 7th do we start qualifying really early against white teams from no where?

Not really early but the first game (3rd qualifying round) would be before the league season starts, end July/early August, assuming the calendar is the same as last year. Then we'd have the play-off round to get into the group stage after the season has started towards the end of August.

I'm not sure what the ramifications of United winning the thing this year would be but MJB may well be right.

Also I don't think we're guaranteed to play against white teams :unsure:.

My worry is our performance against Spurs. One match where we could have really made a statement... and let's face it, we were outclassed.

I'm hoping that was just an off day in what has been a really good run of form.

You said it. Look at the big picture. This year our form has been incredible. 1 loss in that time is not to be sniffed at :)

My worry is our performance against Spurs. One match where we could have really made a statement... and let's face it, we were outclassed.

I'm hoping that was just an off day in what has been a really good run of form.

Managerial blunder. Barry should have never started what was Koeman thinking? Aside from that Robles had a shocker.