IGNORED

The Run-up and battle for Europe this campaign

England always has four CL places, but there is always an extra spot for the EL winner.

If the CL winner is from outside the top four there is no extra place? Is that still right Mike? Fourth place loses a spot?

No, not any more.

However, what I don't know is what would happen in the unlikely event that English teams won both Euro comps while both finished outside top four in the league, because I'm sure we couldn't have six places (unless Liverpool finish 4th in which case special rules would probably apply).

iterTions :huh:.

Surely one of Auto-Incorrect's iterations of the word "iterations." Not entirely convinced that MJB has chosen the correct word in his post (mildly) chastising me for lazy research; nor, for that matter, that I have chosen the correct word in explaining Auto-Incorrect's "iterTions."

But whether MJB and I have fallen prey to misusing a word now very much in common parlance owing to the omnipresence of computer-ese, MJB's earlier post explaining the nuances of CL and EL placement seems, I now see, admirably thorough.

I promise to pay more attention in future to intricate explanations, and maybe iterations.

What's left:

Chelsea - 33 pld - 78 pts - 20 pts clear

Spurs - 33 pld - 74 pts - 16 pts clear

Liverpool - 34 pld - 66 pts - A Watford, H Southampton, A West Ham, H Boro

City - 32 pld - 64 pts - H Utd, A Boro, H Palace, H Leicester, H WBA, A Watford

Utd - 32 pld - 63 pts - A City, H Swans, A Arsenal, A Spurs, A Southampton, H Palace

Arsenal - 32 pld - 60 pts - A Spurs, H Utd, A Southampton, A Stoke, H Sunderland, H EFC

Everton - 34 pld - 58 pts - H Chelsea, A Swans, H Watford, A Arsenal

Not looking good but win for City today, us and Spurs on Sunday, would really stir the pot.

It will take another Arsenal melt down for us to nick 6th off them. It is possible of course but I am happily resigned to 7th, provided we put in some good performances.

Same here. It's the not giving up hat will satisfy me most.

If the team accepts seventh and go on holiday I'll be livid.

If we keep trying for points, then I'll be proud and happy.

If we get 12, minimum 10 points we might have a sniff; but if you'd have offered me 7th and Europa qualification at the start of the season I'd have happily taken it

me too. I think form as of December has made us forget that (as it often has)

If we get 12, minimum 10 points we might have a sniff; but if you'd have offered me 7th and Europa qualification at the start of the season I'd have happily taken it

Yep. 7th and back in Europe. Happy with that. I thought we'd be 8th, and possibly push at 6th or 7th in pre season.

The real challenge comes next season.