IGNORED

The Run-up and battle for Europe this campaign

Some people seem to be taking at as a given we'll win all our remaining games. We've been patchy away all season- only winning 4 and have to go to Swansea who are fighting for their lives and Arsenal who always beat us down there couple this with Chelsea now having Tottenham right up their hoops and it's not just a case of Arsenal needing to lose.

7th is guaranteed and it's where we'll be and I'm happy with that improvement and the season.

I'll be happy with 7th. In fact, for a number of reasons, I'm pleased with this season.

Won't stop me looking at the fixtures every week and thinking 'what if...if only...' and hoping for wins for teams that I never usually take much notice of.

The run in to the end of the season, the most exciting part!!!

I've just done this and had us finishing 6th...2 points ahead of Arsenal...but may have been a bit biased towards us, so realistically on this, we should be 7th!!! Just!!!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-could-still-gate-crash-12908617

did it and had us 6 as well 5 points ahead of arsenal. liverpool 5, united 4, city 3, spurs 2, chelsea 1

I've just done this and had us finishing 6th...2 points ahead of Arsenal...but may have been a bit biased towards us, so realistically on this, we should be 7th!!! Just!!!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-could-still-gate-crash-12908617

My bias puts us 5th with united and Arsenal. Spurs and Liverpool to share second.

Want Leicester to lose after what they did to Ranieri, bunch of bastards

I didnt feel like Renieri should have been allowed to get them relegated just because they won the league last season.

It was the right decision. I love Renieri as much as the next person, but it wasn't working.

I didnt feel like Renieri should have been allowed to get them relegated just because they won the league last season.

It was the right decision. I love Renieri as much as the next person, but it wasn't working.

same tactics, same lineup every week, magically they win 5 straight. wasn't down to ranieri, was the players. literally nothing changed and they won a bunch. sell outs.

same tactics, same lineup every week, magically they win 5 straight. wasn't down to ranieri, was the players. literally nothing changed and they won a bunch. sell outs.

To me Leicester completely changed their philosophy at the start of the season. Shakespeare had them playing like the Leicester of last season when he took over, hence the wins.

Like Aiden says, different tactics completely.

The more I see and read it looks like Shakespeare and Walsh were big influences behind their success.

Like Aiden says, different tactics completely.

The more I see and read it looks like Shakespeare and Walsh were big influences behind their success.

I read somewhere that it was Shakespeare that had a huge influence on Ranieri playing the tactics he did last season. Essentially they wouldn't be champions if it wasn't for him.

To me Leicester completely changed their philosophy at the start of the season. Shakespeare had them playing like the Leicester of last season when he took over, hence the wins.

That's because Shakespeare and Walsh had more influence last season. Ranieri stopped listening this season according to many.

I don't think they did, there may of been some minor (sorry in advance) tinckering, but basically it was the same team, minus Kante but playing out from the back , and still hitting teams on the counter.

So is that us more or less confirmed in the Europa League next season then?

As it stands we need five more points for mathematical certainty, but to lose it would mean Southampton winning their last seven games while we just get four points and they overturn a 26 GD deficit. Also three points would guarantee beating West Brom, they'd only take us by winning their last five while we get two points or less and they make up the same GD difference as Saints. So I think it's fair to say we're safe.

Keep looking upwards I say!

I don't think they did, there may of been some minor (sorry in advance) tinckering, but basically it was the same team, minus Kante but playing out from the back , and still hitting teams on the counter.

8th most changed line-up this season... I'm guessing they were the least changed last season - their starting line-up picked itself most weeks; could probably guess the subs each game too!

Okazaki is so important in getting the best out of Vardy - Ranieri clearly tried to replace him with Musa and Slimani - both probably better players but neither 'fit'.

As it stands we need five more points for mathematical certainty, but to lose it would mean Southampton winning their last seven games while we just get four points and they overturn a 26 GD deficit. Also three points would guarantee beating West Brom, they'd only take us by winning their last five while we get two points or less and they make up the same GD difference as Saints. So I think it's fair to say we're safe.

Keep looking upwards I say!

So does 7th guarantee Europe then mate?

<runs>

ibra is out for the rest of the year, could help us as all the pressure now goes to rooney/rashford/lingard.

Great news, I was hoping that. When is Rojo back?

Nothing personal, get well soon, just rather take every chance I can on us climbing the table.

ibra is out for the rest of the year, could help us as all the pressure now goes to rooney/rashford/lingard.

I think it could go the opposite way tbh Mark I think Rashford will take the bull by the horns if Mourinho gives him a chance

I genuinely think he will go on and become a top class prolific player given the chance

CP's win today at Anfield leads me to check facts on what I assume about EPL slots in 2017-18 CL.

Say Man City finish 3d, Liverpool 4th, with ManU 5th, 6th, or 7th. And say ManU win Europa League.

Does that mean Liverpool would go into EL with Everton and Arsenal?

If yes, Liverpool messed up big time today. While they have a relatively easy run-in, the same is true for Man City, who have 2 matches in hand on Liverpool.

Help.

CP's win today at Anfield leads me to check facts on what I assume about EPL slots in 2017-18 CL.

Say Man City finish 3d, Liverpool 4th, with ManU 5th, 6th, or 7th. And say ManU win Europa League.

If yes, Liverpool messed up big time today. While they have a relatively easy run-in, the same is true for Man City, who have 2 matches in hand on Liverpool.

Help.

You need to pm MikeO he loves explaining it.

Help.

OK. Any team that finishes in the top four will be in CL. If ManU win EL and finish outside the top four we will have five CL places next season, so for Liverpool to miss out they'd have to finish 5th whatever ManU do.