IGNORED

2017 Summer Transfer Window

I'm too young to remember these 2 but I'm glad we've moved on from that.

Tim Cahill paying homage to his brother who had been sent down for glassing someone.

Pienaar drink driving.

Fellaini elbowing players in the head...

To my knowledge Suarez only commits naughty things on the pitch. He pushes it at times and that's because he's 150% committed to winning.

What's worse? Mori made a poorly timed tackle, Suarez tried to bite someone. Tackling is part of the game, the good stuff and bad. Biting is physical assault. You tell me what's worse.

Williams isn't a thug in my opinion. A bit slow to react sometimes I'll grant you but a thug implies malice for me. I can't remember a terrible challenge as you mention, bar the stupid derby moment, but it is Monday morning and I'm only on my second coffee.

Geri - of course I celebrated. I was felt ashamed and angry when he dived, as I do with every player regardless.

Matt come on.... mori did him. Nothing about poor timing, a "poorly timed" tackle from billy whitehurst took a young 22 year old paul bracewell and robbed him and us of a player who should be mentioned with the best midfielders of his type.

Tim Cahill paying homage to his brother who had been sent down for glassing someone.

Pienaar drink driving.

Fellaini elbowing players in the head...

To my knowledge Suarez only commits naughty things on the pitch. He pushes it at times and that's because he's 150% committed to winning.

Cahill apologised immediately;

"It was a spontaneous and emotional reaction but was only intended to signify to my brother that I was thinking of him and missing him.

"It was not intended to cause any offence to any other party and I wholeheartedly apologise if any offence was caused."

Pienaar - no apologies covers it

Felli - 50/50 for me.

I've read how determined Suarez is off pitch, and does good work off the pitch. But he's a cheat who himself says he will do anything to win, regardless of the rules. I can't get on board with that.

Matt come on.... mori did him. Nothing about poor timing, a "poorly timed" tackle from billy whitehurst took a young 22 year old paul bracewell and robbed him and us of a player who should be mentioned with the best midfielders of his type.

It was all about poor timing for me, depends how you want to see it I guess.

Look, I see why people want to ignore certain aspects of players, as I do myself. I can't really explain why I wouldn't take some of the best because of their character flaws but I just wouldn't. Just like Big Dunc will never be considered a legend in my eyes for his playing career (deserved status following his retirement due to all the work he's done since).

Cahill apologised immediately;

Pienaar - no apologies covers it

Felli - 50/50 for me.

I've read how determined Suarez is off pitch, and does good work off the pitch. But he's a cheat who himself says he will do anything to win, regardless of the rules. I can't get on board with that.

It was all about poor timing for me, depends how you want to see it I guess.

Look, I see why people want to ignore certain aspects of players, as I do myself. I can't really explain why I wouldn't take some of the best because of their character flaws but I just wouldn't. Just like Big Dunc will never be considered a legend in my eyes for his playing career (deserved status following his retirement due to all the work he's done since).

I consider myself a nice lad and was a hard but fair player on the pitch but I did a couple of players.

One was absolutely awful - he timed the jump for an aerial ball better so I went through him with my head after he had headed the ball. It looked like an accidental clash of heads but at the split second I just made a poor decision- a nasty one. He was carried off and I pretended I was injured to escape punishment.

Another one - a lad tried to do me so I went higher on him and off he went.

Totally out of character is the usual defence.... no I was being a nob and it's inexcusable and football can bring it out.

Winning is not everything. We differ on that.

I'd suggest following a different sport if you think winning is not everything. Of course it is! Would you rather see Everton lose a cup final than see lets say Rooney take a "tumble" in the penalty area resulting in the winning goal in the 90th minute to secure us a cup? I've said it before and I'll say it again, I couldn't give a shit how we do it, I want to see us win and become successful. If you're happy with us going out being nice guys than so be it, I on the other hand want to see us win by any means necessary.

What's the saying? Nice guys finish last.

Mori challenge was poor, but far from a Charlie Adams or Stevie G thug life leg breaker. There was no malice and it was unfortunate how bad of an injury it caused. It'd be a yellow if we were playing Watford and not the red shite, or if the player wasn't injured.

Pienaar done it all the time and with intent. Should have recieved loads of reds for them but never did as he was too light weight to cause an injury.

I'd suggest following a different sport if you think winning is not everything. Of course it is! Would you rather see Everton lose a cup final than see lets say Rooney take a "tumble" in the penalty area resulting in the winning goal in the 90th minute to secure us a cup? I've said it before and I'll say it again, I couldn't give a shit how we do it, I want to see us win and become successful. If you're happy with us going out being nice guys than so be it, I on the other hand want to see us win by any means necessary.

What's the saying? Nice guys finish last.

Yes he would, and for the life of me I can't get my head around it.

Who do you think you are telling other people what to enjoy in a football match or how to watch it?

haha pipe down you tit, go have a coffee and loosen up. It was a tongue in cheek comment but one I do believe in. I fully get he wants Everton to do the "right thing" to win, but for me I couldn't give a fuck how we do it, as long as we win.

haha pipe down you tit, go have a coffee and loosen up. It was a tongue in cheek comment but one I do believe in. I fully get he wants Everton to do the "right thing" to win, but for me I couldn't give a fuck how we do it, as long as we win.

How would we differ from that other lot if that was our mentality? I have always held Everton is about more than just winning.

How would we differ from that other lot if that was our mentality? I have always held Everton is about more than just winning.

That other lot has still won trophies. I'm 27 and I've seen us win 1 trophy in that time, which I can barely remember. I've seen them win everything (apart from the league), so a change in mentality might be what is needed to win trophies. We have always been known as "plucky Everton" and I for one, is fed up with that thought. I want us to be hated by everyone through jealousy that we are winning everything, to get that we may have to change our ways, I'd never want to be them, but I would like us to get close to their trophy haul.

They have had shitloads of money to do it which is more important than winning at any cost. Would you really like to support a club like Liverpool?

Sure I answered this before, I'm an Everton fan lad, always have been and I always will be. Through thick and thin. Re read what I put. I would love to see us get near their trophy haul. I'd support Everton if they became the worlds most hated team, I'd support Everton if we became the worlds most loved team. I just want to see us do well, regardless of how its done. It will have to be something we agree to disagree on, you have your way that you want Everton to things, I have mine. Don't get me wrong, if we can do it the honourable way then brilliant, that's the better route, if not then fuck it, lets just be successful.

That other lot has still won trophies. I'm 27 and I've seen us win 1 trophy in that time, which I can barely remember. I've seen them win everything (apart from the league), so a change in mentality might be what is needed to win trophies. We have always been known as "plucky Everton" and I for one, is fed up with that thought. I want us to be hated by everyone through jealousy that we are winning everything, to get that we may have to change our ways, I'd never want to be them, but I would like us to get close to their trophy haul.

I think we all would, but personally I want to do it the Everton way i.e. don't be a bunch of dirty, cheating, ref-bullying wank-rags and win with class, dignity and integrity. If we don't win that way, and have to compromise, it's not Everton in my opinion

For the first time in my life, we look like we've put together a squad who can challenge in that manner. I had no faith that the transfer window would go as well as it has, but I'm glad to have been proven wrong again. I'm hoping that by the end of the season, we win the Everton way and those I'm disagreeing with get to enjoy the success whilst eating their words :)

Edited by Matt

I think we all would, but personally I want to do it the Everton way i.e. don't be a bunch of dirty, cheating, ref-bullying wank-rags and win with class, dignity and integrity. If we don't win that way, and have to compromise, it's not Everton in my opinion

For the first time in my life, we look like we've put together a squad who can challenge in that manner. I had no faith that the transfer window would go as well as it has, but I'm glad to have been proven wrong again. I'm hoping that by the end of the season, we win the Everton way and those I'm disagreeing with get to enjoy the success whilst eating their words :)

Oh don't get me wrong, I'd love for us to do it that way, no question, but if it came to it I wouldn't be bothered if to get that trophy someone went in abit harder in a tackle, fell in the box to win the winning penalty. etc.

Mori challenge was poor, but far from a Charlie Adams or Stevie G thug life leg breaker. There was no malice and it was unfortunate how bad of an injury it caused. It'd be a yellow if we were playing Watford and not the red shite, or if the player wasn't injured.

Pienaar done it all the time and with intent. Should have recieved loads of reds for them but never did as he was too light weight to cause an injury.

Pete... take off the blue tinted specs. He walked off the pitch knowing he had done him an injury and started pulling the club badge towards the fans... if a Liverpool player had done that you would be going nuts.

Don't say you wouldn't.

Looks like some fans like the idea of getting into europe via the fair play award.... i dont.

I accept that needle is part and parcel of the game. Some players push the envelope a bit and that's because they want to win.

So when a player hurts one of our players in a bad tackle - as much as I will fume I will also accept that one of ours may do the same to another player. It's not ideal but there you go.

Funny how some fans can't see the bad in some of our players but can with other teams players.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'd love for us to do it that way, no question, but if it came to it I wouldn't be bothered if to get that trophy someone went in abit harder in a tackle, fell in the box to win the winning penalty. etc.

I would be bothered. I've already lost so much love for the game anyway because of a lot of the shenanigans, if Everton just become part of the norm I'd be heartbroken.

Looks like some fans like the idea of getting into europe via the fair play award.... i dont.

I accept that needle is part and parcel of the game. Some players push the envelope a bit and that's because they want to win.

So when a player hurts one of our players in a bad tackle - as much as I will fume I will also accept that one of ours may do the same to another player. It's not ideal but there you go.

Funny how some fans can't see the bad in some of our players but can with other teams players.

Occasional fuck ups are just part of human nature. When it's repetitive it's an issue.

The FA doesn't help with their clear leniency towards their "money making teams". Someone pointed out somewhere else something that's a great example of it; if Costa played for a WBA or Stoke, there's no way he'd only have 1 red card.

I think some of our fans have adopted this stance because it's alls we have- we've win fuck all so we look for something to cling on to and at the minute it's we have integrity.

Would anyone swap it for 5 European cups, 20 league titles, and 7 FA Cups in the next 25 years? Because I would- in a heart beat.

Pete... take off the blue tinted specs. He walked off the pitch knowing he had done him an injury and started pulling the club badge towards the fans... if a Liverpool player had done that you would be going nuts.

Don't say you wouldn't.

That tackle happens in nearly every fives game. Fast pace going for the ball, tight space going for the ball. Any player would have done the same. It's not even rediculously mistimed, just a natural coming together that happens in football. Just because a player gets injured doesn't mean it should be a red.

He shouldn't have been walking off the pitch. I don't think Mori showing some passion was linked with injuring the player. We've had players like Cahill and Pienaar who were dirty bastards that would do some sort of shit like that, but I'd not tar Mori with the same brush.

The abuse he got was a lot more sickening, I'd be more ashamed of being a Liverpool fan than someone who done that challenge.

I think some of our fans have adopted this stance because it's alls we have- we've win fuck all so we look for something to cling on to and at the minute it's we have integrity.

Would anyone swap it for 5 European cups, 20 league titles, and 7 FA Cups in the next 25 years? Because I would- in a heart beat.

Could be. But one of the reasons I love this club is because we do things right - it's what sets us apart and makes us special, and it's all I've known

For all these fans that feign horror at the thought of signing players who are a big nasty on the pitch - our club had a fair few of them in its time. Johnny morrissey, Bobby Collins.... and they wouldn't think twice about putting in a genuine leg breaker on a player.

Painting them a bit too black here Haf, I loved John Morrisey, a player who could take the piss out of Tommy Smith in the Derbies, hard man Smith always dived in on Mogsy trying to take him out, Mogsy used to skip past and leave him on his arse.

As for Collins he was a watered down Alan Ball, bags of energy and a lot of skill, but to say either of them were nasty is a bit over the top.

That tackle happens in nearly every fives game. Fast pace going for the ball, tight space going for the ball. Any player would have done the same. It's not even rediculously mistimed, just a natural coming together that happens in football. Just because a player gets injured doesn't mean it should be a red.

He shouldn't have been walking off the pitch. I don't think Mori showing some passion was linked with injuring the player. We've had players like Cahill and Pienaar who were dirty bastards that would do some sort of shit like that, but I'd not tar Mori with the same brush.

The abuse he got was a lot more sickening, I'd be more ashamed of being a Liverpool fan than someone who done that challenge.

This is why debating with you is tiring... he knew he'd done him. The ball was on the far foot and he stamped his nearside ankle. He did exactly the same thing in an Argentinean shirt to a Brazil player.

And you say it's ok for him to flash the badge because he shouldn't have been walking off the pitch? Nonsense... it was a red and he had just done a player.

Regardless of what they got away with in other derbies - I don't like it as much as you but I'm not going to pretend that mori never committed a red card offence and accept that tugging his badge as some sort of "yay look at me getting the blue boys on side" is acceptable.

Could be. But one of the reasons I love this club is because we do things right - it's what sets us apart and makes us special, and it's all I've known

But would you sooner see us win trophies by changing our whole mentality or stay as good old Everton getting a pat on the head whilst others win everything?

Painting them a bit too black here Haf, I loved John Morrisey, a player who could take the piss out of Tommy Smith in the Derbies, hard man Smith always dived in on Mogsy trying to take him out, Mogsy used to skip past and leave him on his arse.

As for Collins he was a watered down Alan Ball, bags of energy and a lot of skill, but to say either of them were nasty is a bit over the top.

A fella I talk to Harry beech (played for Bolton and Southport- his ex wife married Alan ball) told me he played against both players... he said Morrissey was one of the hardest players he ever faced... not right in the head he said.

Bobby Collins knocked Harry out... elbow to the jaw. Bought him a pint after the game as an apology.

Different game back then. The hardest he faced was some player from Coventry. Forgotten his name. You or JohnH might know.

I asked him about playing against George best... he said he was on the same pitch but never got near him.

Edited by Hafnia

This is why debating with you is tiring... he knew he'd done him. The ball was on the far foot and he stamped his nearside ankle. He did exactly the same thing in an Argentinean shirt to a Brazil player.

And you say it's ok for him to flash the badge because he shouldn't have been walking off the pitch? Nonsense... it was a red and he had just done a player.

Regardless of what they got away with in other derbies - I don't like it as much as you but I'm not going to pretend that mori never committed a red card offence and accept that tugging his badge as some sort of "yay look at me getting the blue boys on side" is acceptable.

I've done it and been on the receiving end, yes it's not nice but it happens. Is it stupidly late? No. It's it malicious? No. Shouldn't be a red card.

Have you never accidentally caught an ankle when playing football?

I don't see the relevance of the badge pulling. Did he pull the shirt to show off he'd injured someone. No. So what is your problem?

https://youtu.be/VIzBYaULlpQ

Looks bad from the angle behind but from the side you can see he was going for the ball. Origi protects the ball by using the outside of his boot. Had he used the inside of his boot Mori would've won the ball. For me the ball is there to be won. You'd be more annoyed if he didn't try and win it.