IGNORED

2017 Summer Transfer Window

I can't see giroud coming because I think Sanchez will be sold from arsenal and they won't sell both. Our forwards will be Rooney, Sandro the pacey forward and a target man who can hold the ball up. Personally I want more pace and wouldn't buy a big man. The one thing defenders don't like is pace and if I'm honest I think the way the shite attack is the way forward. Lots of pace and interchangeable players. So for that reason I would be in for dembele at Celtic who has a bit of both or martial at united. I think when he players as a number nine he scores goals. He can also play anywhere amongst the front three. Gilfi is the obvious choice as our playmaker but if that proves too much money I'd like to see us go for lanzani who is a really skilful player who can do that little trick to open up a back four.if not him then forsberg at red bull looks like he has the lot in his locker.

After last night a centre back is a priority. The kid at PSG is meant to be a cracker and could be got and I was impressed by the two centre backs at Ajax. Gibson at boro could be got I think and that potentially could be England's centre back pairing

I've just read through the last two to three pages on my phone. I've really enjoyed seeing the different views.

Some great conversation, ok a bit of bickering but nothing too bad. Interesting lads. I enjoyed that.

It's what makes this forum great. Disagreement is a healthy thing, provided it's not personal and there are no vendettas. A glimpse at many other forums reveals how not to disagree. Thank you to TT contributors for the level of respect (and passion) demonstrated in these discussions.

It's what makes this forum great. Disagreement is a healthy thing, provided it's not personal and there are no vendettas. A glimpse at many other forums reveals how not to disagree. Thank you to TT contributors for the level of respect (and passion) demonstrated in these discussions.

I completely disagree with that absurd post, you are a fool (and I say that with the greatest respect :happy:).

:shaking fist:

I completely disagree with that absurd post, you are a fool (and I say that with the greatest respect :happy:).

Years ago, I visited the Strangers' Gallery at the House of Commons. Back then, as a member of the public, you could simply walk in and sit on a bench no more than 20 feet from where MPs were debating. It was awesome, and, since I was a parliamentary candidate myself, very revealing.

After one particularly intense and technical debate, MPs needed to let off steam. The next topic for discussion was government funding for the National Opera. A Labour MP stood and complained that the only reason for supporting the Opera was because the minister's wife was a soprano. (Laughter began.) Then another MP stood and said his constituents didn't give a crap about opera but were into pigeon racing. He wanted subsidies for that. [Laughter increases.] Then a Tory MP stood and complained that his football team were awful and needed government funds to improve. [Now they're really rocking.] Then a Labout MP stood and complained to 'the right honourable pig's bladder on a stick' that his Northern team were in even more desperate need. [Rolling around laughing at this point.] Then the insults started to fly, with loud guffaws after each.

Of course, the moment that debates were broadcast on the radio and then shown on TV, that aspect of government had to stop. The public would never understand. All credit to MPs, though, for knowing how and when to disagree and how to insult others without it being taken to heart.

talking out of your arse again lad :D

(good point well made )

I can't see giroud coming because I think Sanchez will be sold from arsenal and they won't sell both. Our forwards will be Rooney, Sandro the pacey forward and a target man who can hold the ball up. Personally I want more pace and wouldn't buy a big man. The one thing defenders don't like is pace and if I'm honest I think the way the shite attack is the way forward. Lots of pace and interchangeable players. So for that reason I would be in for dembele at Celtic who has a bit of both or martial at united. I think when he players as a number nine he scores goals. He can also play anywhere amongst the front three. Gilfi is the obvious choice as our playmaker but if that proves too much money I'd like to see us go for lanzani who is a really skilful player who can do that little trick to open up a back four.if not him then forsberg at red bull looks like he has the lot in his locker.

After last night a centre back is a priority. The kid at PSG is meant to be a cracker and could be got and I was impressed by the two centre backs at Ajax. Gibson at boro could be got I think and that potentially could be England's centre back pairing

He's my choice at striker. I think he's super talented and wouldn't cost much.

Afraid to say it (as I know he has some loyal followers) but Baines needs replacing. For the short term and long term imo.

Took too long on the ball during quick plays and also slowed down any forward momentum by turning backward.

It could have been the game plan but my fear is that he isn't quick enough anymore to beat a man and psychologically, he knows it.

Afraid to say it (as I know he has some loyal followers) but Baines needs replacing. For the short term and long term imo.

Took too long on the ball during quick plays and also slowed down any forward momentum by turning backward.

It could have been the game plan but my fear is that he isn't quick enough anymore to beat a man and psychologically, he knows it.

He's definitely slower but hopefully that means he'll stay in his position and not get caught out as much. We concede a hell of a lot of goals down the left hand side as him going forward leaves a big space.

I've noticed it as well, he makes a lot of runs just to drag a man out of position and make space, but for lack of pace it is only a dummy run as he can't get on a position fast enough to receive the ball.

Should have been one of the positions we really pushed to fill this summer. Now we'll be waiting another year because I don't see us doing it in January either.

I thought he did well last night, linked well with Rooney. Clearly not the player he was but he isn't the issue. I thought he was on par with Davies but because the latter is the young lad he has been given rave reviews and Motm.

I'm at a crossroads with it all now.

I'm looking at the squad and thinking 'Yeah, could do with another defender that favours the left side, could do with that creative force seen as Barkley is off and could do with that natural out and out striker'.

Then I'm looking at the set up's we've played pre season and wondering how it is all going to work? Who's getting dropped for the striker and the creator from Rooney, Klaassen and Sandro? We seem to be bringing in so many naturally central players, how do the natural widemen fit in?

Then I'm looking at how the new boys have played. You can see what they are trying to do but haven't quite had enough time together to fully pull it off, so what happens if you throw another 2 or 3 in the mix, and start swapping them game after game?

And, of course, part of me is keeping an eye on this whole Everton 'sell to buy' thing. Only a small part of me...a titchy witchy part of me...but it still hasn't yet been disprove!!!

Patience on the LB/CB and ST. Koeman surely waiting until Europa League progression. They aren't required (numbers-wise, we can argue talent elsewhere) if we don't progress. Also EL group stage gives him bargaining chip with potential signings. He clearly wants Sigurdsson regardless.

That makes a lot of sense to me, well said