IGNORED

2017 Summer Transfer Window

I get that but you can only have so many men on the field at one time. When you get another striker in, Bolasie gets fit and Siggy signs what happens then? They haven't all signed to sit on the bench. Including Barkley we will have 9 players for 4 attacking spots. 4 of which are best when they play as a striker.

That's a good problem to have and one most of the teams ahead of us have got. Try fitting all of ManU/ManC's attacking options into a starting 11. Hopefully we'll have around 60 games this season to give everyone plenty of game time.

That's a good problem to have and one most of the teams ahead of us have got. Try fitting all of ManU/ManC's attacking options into a starting 11. Hopefully we'll have around 60 games this season to give everyone plenty of game time.

They do but they also have a chance of winning multiple trophies which we realistically don't. Keeping that many players happy, who all joined expecting to start (which isn't necessarily the case other clubs) when you don't have a clear chance of winning trophies or champions league football will be difficult.

My main point is that we have more holes and almost no depth in other positions and yet 4 or 5 players that are all very similar and want to play in similar areas on the pitch.

only problem is for instance is if a Barca - Coutinho moment happens once its shut and theirs is still open, he forces the move through then you are a player down and cannot replace him until January, the other option is you don't sell then you have a disgruntled player on your hands. I cant see this working unless all of Europe changes, which is highly unlikely.

only problem is for instance is if a Barca - Coutinho moment happens once its shut and theirs is still open, he forces the move through then you are a player down and cannot replace him until January, the other option is you don't sell then you have a disgruntled player on your hands. I cant see this working unless all of Europe changes, which is highly unlikely.

I think the other leagues will follow suit.

I wonder if they could close it between domestic clubs before season kick off but remain open for outside transfers in and out to counteract the chance that other nations don't follow suit. I think that would be a good starting point anyway.

good compromise

I wonder if they could close it between domestic clubs before season kick off but remain open for outside transfers in and out to counteract the chance that other nations don't follow suit. I think that would be a good starting point anyway.

However you still have the same problem should a big club come in for a star player at a smaller club, then you have "home grown" quota's etc. Its not a bad idea by any means but there is flaws to it. Until they can get all the major European countries to do the same windows then unfortunately I cant see it working.

If they change it to end of the season to beginning of the season then you have world cup years to contend with, countries don't want their players disrupted with transfers when they want them focussing on playing for their country, we seen how long it took us to sign Sandro due to the U21's, doesn't give a lot of room to get the players in from when that tournament finishes to the start of the season. Lets say it was season to season for the window, in a world cup year and we have another "Siggurdson" saga on our hands because the selling team are playing hard ball (which they have every right to), we would have missed out on one of our top targets because of the time restraint we are under. Hope that makes sense!

Honestly I'd just keep it the way it is, its a pain but not as much as moving it could cause.

I still think we need at least another 3. A striker, a centre half and a left back. Giroud/Benteke, Van Dijk and Tierney please. Oohh and Demari Gray if we're really greedy.

No chance at any of those targets pal; positive optimism though!

A striker is absolutely required. A left-sided CB/FB cover is probably a good idea. IMHO, bringing in a CDM to cover/split time with Morgan should be a priority [yes, we have plenty of middies, but that position in particular is horrendously vulnerable to injury and recovery availability].

Who, if not Giroud or Benteke, would you see filling that Striker roll to best fit our squad's talents and style of play? Honest curiosity ?