IGNORED

2017 Summer Transfer Window

Playmaker !! We have Klaasen, Rooney and Siggy, we need a good centre forward who can tear into defenders and upset them, and also score a few goals.

Siggy most definitely is not a playmaker. Rooney is a striker. I'm not sure what Klaassen is yet.

A playmaker, winger and striker are needed. I'm expecting a striker and nothing more though.

Put a Giroud, Llorente, Costa type striker in that team and we look completely different. The ball will stick, we'll get players further up the pitch relieving the back line and we'll get free kicks in dangerous areas - something that will prove to be a great source of goals for us this season. I would love players like Salah, Mane and Firminho in our attack but that's not going to happen. We'll have a target man and the likes of Rooney, Sandro, Siggy, Klaassen, DCL and Lookman will play off him. It may not always be pretty but it'll be effective.

Edited by c1982

Doesn't matter who you have upfront if the players behind them can't string a few passes together.

Teams will sit deeper creating more space.

Did you not see the period of controlled possession in the last 15 vs Split? Okay, not the strongest opponent but they were still chasing the game. We've got players who can stay solid, we've got players who can keep possession of the ball comfortably; we need that focal point in attack to bring that part together.

Teams will sit deeper creating more space.

Did you not see the period of controlled possession in the last 15 vs Split? Okay, not the strongest opponent but they were still chasing the game. We've got players who can stay solid, we've got players who can keep possession of the ball comfortably; we need that focal point in attack to bring that part together.

Split left loads of space in midfield and then their heads went after the penalty miss, even then we still struggled to get a few shots away. I doubt anyone in the Prem will give us the room Split did.

Split left loads of space in midfield and then their heads went after the penalty miss, even then we still struggled to get a few shots away. I doubt anyone in the Prem will give us the room Split did.

I don't think we were looking to get on the front foot - it was controlled possession to get the job done.

I'm not impressed with Koemans after match statement, "we need a striker" that's been known since Lukaku left, Sandro was always an unknown prospect. He's now pretty much announced we're desperate, we're going to held to ransom over it.

We should have bought an experienced CF early in the window with a view to offloading if Sandro and DCL are able to step up( which I think DCL will do, and much sooner than Sandro if he does at all on what we've seen so far)

Dzeko or Giroud who may have second thoughts after Arsenals showing yesterday!

We could use a player with pace and playmaking ability. But, that won't matter much if Koeman keeps up with these negative tactics. If all we're doing is trying to contain our opponents, we aren't going to be a well-oiled attacking machine. There's plenty of quality in the squad, and they're being utilized in ways that negate their abilities at the moment.

We could use a player with pace and playmaking ability. But, that won't matter much if Koeman keeps up with these negative tactics. If all we're doing is trying to contain our opponents, we aren't going to be a well-oiled attacking machine. There's plenty of quality in the squad, and they're being utilized in ways that negate their abilities at the moment.

Completely agree. You need to have the ball for these type of players to flourish. If they are being asked to track back into their own half every 30 seconds they don't have the legs to get back up the pitch.

If we want a left footed player who can play in defence and midfield then surely Grzegorz Krychowiak would be perfect?! Off to West Brom on-loan.

I like that player a lot, but I think we have enough central midfielders with a defensive mindset. Think we want a pure defender.