IGNORED

2017 Summer Transfer Window

"“We have also Bolasie and Seamus Coleman fit in October, which will help the squad. We would like to finish as high as possible in the table.”"

Bolasie and Coleman already back by October?

No chance... maybe in full training but I cant see them being fit and ready to start games by then.

Its been a weird window. Pickford and Keane both big players in positions we needed and then we overloaded with a certain type of player that we probably only needed one of and haven't replaced our main striker, or brought in any cover at LB, and almost extracted any pace we had in the side.

I dont know what to think, and I'm not sure Koeman will either.

To have sold Lukaku and not bought a striker in is crazy. We needed a striker in before Lukaku got sold. Yes we've got some bodies in and no doubt the majority will prove to be good additions but you need to score goals. If anything, after this window, I actually believe we are further away from the Top 6. Arsenal haven't had a good window but they've still added Lacazette and kept hold of their best players.

Im struggling to see Steve Walsh's worth in this set up. His role is to scout players??? When you look at all the signings, Schneiderlin was a Koeman buy, and you could say he had a major influence in Klaasen being signed. Gueye was on Leicester's radar prior to them selling kante so he more or less came with him. Keane and Pickford were obvious signings and I'm sure Walsh didn't do much scouting with regards to Wayne Rooney. So really, he's signed Lookman and Sandro in 12 months??? I'm just glad Sissoko, Perez and Lamina Kone didn't sign. I don't see how we are gaining any edge on our competitors with this so called role. Id rather have Koeman choosing the players

We've done a great job replacing Barkley, and not sold him, but haven't come close to replacing Rom. Seems all our business came to a screeching halt when Swansea starting playing hardball over sig.

Did we even make an official offer for any strikers this summer? Perez, Bony and Llorente all went today and would have improved us. Really feels like an opportunity lost after a window that promised so much.

So.. how bad is Niasse? Do Sambou or Henen hold the ball up well?

To have sold Lukaku and not bought a striker in is crazy. We needed a striker in before Lukaku got sold. Yes we've got some bodies in and no doubt the majority will prove to be good additions but you need to score goals. If anything, after this window, I actually believe we are further away from the Top 6. Arsenal haven't had a good window but they've still added Lacazette and kept hold of their best players.

Im struggling to see Steve Walsh's worth in this set up. His role is to scout players??? When you look at all the signings, Schneiderlin was a Koeman buy, and you could say he had a major influence in Klaasen being signed. Gueye was on Leicester's radar prior to them selling kante so he more or less came with him. Keane and Pickford were obvious signings and I'm sure Walsh didn't do much scouting with regards to Wayne Rooney. So really, he's signed Lookman and Sandro in 12 months??? I'm just glad Sissoko, Perez and Lamina Kone didn't sign. I don't see how we are gaining any edge on our competitors with this so called role. Id rather have Koeman choosing the players

I think Walsh has probably been responsible for the majority of our under-23 signings as of late. Probably take a little time to see his real influence.

I understand it is difficult to buy the players you want and much more goes on behind the scenes in transfers than what we imagine, but you're right, other strikers did leave their clubs and we didn't sign them. We have a lot going against us, no champions league and we aren't based in London but in order to counter these obstacles, you have to splash the cash and sell the dream. We havent done that. Here's hoping Atletico Madrid sign Costa tomorrow and we get him on loan..................

This is a project, strengthening the U23's gives us a pool of quality players coming up that are used to us, the league and the way we play. We have also signed some quality players for the first team. Not signing a striker is disappointing but if clubs wont sell there is not much we can do.

Welcome to the board. I think Sandro is a #9 and we viewed it as such at the time, but its obvious that he isn't a target man #9. Not someone you knock long balls up to. Now that we've realized it will take him, DCL, Rooney, the rest time to adjust, we are panicking.

I think we'll be fine. Give our plan more time to develop. Some of these kids should hopefully grow into quality first team players and either a #9 will emerge within the squad or we'll buy one in the next 12 months. We are a work in progress.

This is a project, strengthening the U23's gives us a pool of quality players coming up that are used to us, the league and the way we play. We have also signed some quality players for the first team. Not signing a striker is disappointing but if clubs wont sell there is not much we can do.

I understand the "project" thing but history tells you that apart from Man Utd in the 90s, the thought of all these players coming through and becoming a team doesn't really exist. Football is, unfortunately, going away from this model.

Teams are happy with producing 1 or 2 youngsters a year (Davies, Holgate last year. DCL this year) but if we are going to break into the Top 4 we need top quality additions to the first team. Id rather he spent more time on finding us a centre forward for us now than giving David Unsworth a load of talent that may or may not provide us with a couple of players with no experience every couple of years.

Welcome to the board. I think Sandro is a #9 and we viewed it as such at the time, but its obvious that he isn't a target man #9. Not someone you knock long balls up to. Now that we've realized it will take him, DCL, Rooney, the rest time to adjust, we are panicking.

I think we'll be fine. Give our plan more time to develop. Some of these kids should hopefully grow into quality first team players and either a #9 will emerge within the squad or we'll buy one in the next 12 months. We are a work in progress.

I hope you're right, and Im probably still fuming and over exaggerating after a very disappointing end to the window.

Koeman saying in his press conferences that we were after two more players, a striker and a left centre half, was positive to hear but has left us all feeling a bit robbed. I get why he did that, I like the way he uses the press to influence the board. I hope he can mould Rooney, Sigurdsson, Sandro and DCL into an attacking force and it may be a blessing in disguise if DCL continues his run of form. If he can add goals to his game we could have a top centre foward.

I hope you're right, and Im probably still fuming and over exaggerating after a very disappointing end to the window.

Koeman saying in his press conferences that we were after two more players, a striker and a left centre half, was positive to hear but has left us all feeling a bit robbed. I get why he did that, I like the way he uses the press to influence the board. I hope he can mould Rooney, Sigurdsson, Sandro and DCL into an attacking force and it may be a blessing in disguise if DCL continues his run of form. If he can add goals to his game we could have a top centre foward.

i think it's like anything, you say what you want knowing you probably won't get it. mou said he wanted another big signing, a few days later he admitted he probably wouldn't get it. City fell short with Sanchez, Arsenal fell short with Lemar, Liverpool got Salah and then no one else i really care about, Chelsea got morata and some bench players.

The only team that really strengthened big was us. Seeing all the bigs come up empty on TDD has made me feel a little better we did our business early.

i think it's like anything, you say what you want knowing you probably won't get it. mou said he wanted another big signing, a few days later he admitted he probably wouldn't get it. City fell short with Sanchez, Arsenal fell short with Lemar, Liverpool got Salah and then no one else i really care about, Chelsea got morata and some bench players.

The only team that really strengthened big was us. Seeing all the bigs come up empty on TDD has made me feel a little better we did our business early.

Yes good points. Pickford would be worth 50 million already, Keane more too. That compensates for the 75 million quid we got for Lukaku. Today he's already worth about 120 million. Feel like we could have got more for that sale looking back.

I honestly believe though that we are one top class centre forward and centre half away from a real challenge and that's what is frustrating.

Toffeetalk in June - this is the best window ever! Look at the players we've signed and money spent!

Toffetalk in September - this is shit, we can't even get a striker in and will probably end up with a shitty loan deal.

Makes me laugh :lol:

We still had a prolific goal scorer in June though

There is no doubt that we have done some great business this window but not replacing Lukaku is a major failing

I'm not daft enough to think we could have attracted a like for like replacement of his calibre but not replacing him at all is criminal

I would give this window overalll a disappointing 5 out of 10

Is our first team stronger than last year? I'm not sure it is.

Goalkeeper Better - Pickford Good Signing

Defence Worse - Keane Good Signing, Coleman worse due to injury, Rest older and in decline.

Midfield Same - No Real Change (except maybe Barkley not wanting to play).

Attack Worse - Lukaku not replaced, Delboy not replaced, Barkley no longer wanting to be here. Other positions improved, but now very narrow.

I think we will struggle now this year due to not replacing Lukaku and feel out first team has now declined.