IGNORED

2017 Summer Transfer Window

Really should be going for Marcos Llorente on load from Real Madrid.... need that DM cover with Barry gone and McCarthy more than likely going as well. Marcos Llorente is going to be a star, but Madrids midfield is just way too stacked at the moment....

This has been a great window this year, Pickford, Keane, Siggy, all class buys right through the middle, all we need now is an out and out striker who can get us 20 goals and I'll be in dreamland.

Totally agree, I'm an old bastard and can't ever remember a window as good as this. Although I will be disappointed if we don't bring in a striker, we've known for a long time Lukaku was going. I know we have no chance of a like for like replacement but I would have thought we would have had a few options lined up. Seems from the outside looking in that we put all our eggs in one basket with Giroud

I may be wrong but I don't think giroud was ever a possibility. It would have been a nice statement signing. I've been a big advocate of dolberg and dembele but think martial at united should be one we should look at. Going to play second fiddle to rom, rashford and Felliani when Jose needs to hoof it

Pickford

Martina Keane Williams *Baines

Gana Schneiderlin

Klaassen Sigurdssen Sandro

Rooney

Stek, Holgate, Jags, Besic, Davies, Mirallas, DCL

Potentially not a single Martinez player starting and only one from before his time. Are we even Everton any more? I know one bloke who has given his season ticket to said we've done a City, and he supported us as we're a family club. Think he had it over a decade.

Potentially not a single Martinez player starting and only one from before his time. Are we even Everton any more? I know one bloke who has given his season ticket to said we've done a City, and he supported us as we're a family club. Think he had it over a decade.

And that's a bad thing?

We are nowhere near doing a City, spent a fraction of what they have and still have Bill doing the business rather than sheik your money maker.

I'm extremely content with what's happening at the club.

Pickford

Gana Schneiderlin

Rooney

Baines, Jags, Rooney, Davies, (Barkley) - all local lads.

Pickford, Keane, DCL, Lookman, Holgate - all young English talents.

The identity is massively still there - with a thriving academy and a clear route for our youngsters (6 or 7 on-loan in the Championship), it will continue.

This summer was always going to be one of massive change as our squad needed a big revamp. I think those in charge have managed this well so far (2 or 3 more needed).

Pickford

Gana Schneiderlin

Rooney

What an idiot :lol:.

Wenger has said that Arsenal have to sell before they buy as they have too many players. I think we may end up with Welbeck or Walcott, I would be happy with either as they both have pace, movement and an eye for goal - provided they are injury free.

I don't really like either but if I had to choose it'd only be Welbeck. I wouldn't even want Walcott here at a push.

Walcott is a much better finisher though. Pickford to Walcott could be a good combination.

When you hear Arsenal fans talk about Walcott it's enough to put anyone off. I know it's not the be all and end all like but they're not very complimentary about him at all. Also, how much would he cost? £30m?

Pickford

Gana Schneiderlin

Rooney

So he's given his ST up because we're trying to become good again- makes loads of sense.

I think yesterday's match has shown our need for a front man who can hold the ball up and allow players to join him, DCL played a blinder but his best asset isn't holding the ball up, he was great at flicking it on and running at their defence when in possession and chasing down.

If we could find a player to hold the ball up it would help to get the defence and midfield further up the pitch, and players like DCL, Rooney and Sandro would benefit massively from someone playing it into their runs in the box.

Now we are through to the Euro Cup proper I expect us to sign a forward and a left sided defender fairly quickly.

Hate to see how we would fare defensively if Keane got injured. Personally a left sided defender is more important than even a centre forward considering we only have 1 recognised LB in the squad.