IGNORED

2017 Summer Transfer Window

Not one person has said we want to sign Suarez because he has bitten someone... we would want him cos he's a bloody great player.

Suarez has bitten more people than Dracula. :P

He is also a cheat in that he deliberately tries to get people sent off, and generally plays the game in a way I don't want Everton to be associated with.

Maradona, single handily knocked out England from the World Cup. Would you turn down him in his prime because he did that? No you defiantly wouldn't. Players will differ, some will be horrible bastards, some will be princesses, some will be sneaky little fucks. Providing they are helping Everton win, and not hindering them from that, I couldn't give a shit. Fuck all to do with letting my kid cheat on an exam or committing fraud / bribery.

Maradons, his reputation is in the trash, he is remembered for the "Hand of God", not the fantastic other goals he scored.

Lance Armstrong, everybody knew he was a dope cheat, yet teams hired him and now he is known as one of the greatest drug cheats of all time.

England Cricket Body- Line team of the 30's, won the test series but nobody remembers that, just the fact that they went past a line that sports people should not cross.

I don't want players with the win at any cost mentality at the club, I just want winners.

For me there's not even an "I'd rather win this way or that way". I just want to win. That's it. End of story.

Not at any cost for me, I can take some nastiness for sure but if we turned into Leeds under Revie (an example which will most will probably only know by reputation) I'd really struggle.

Not at any cost for me, I can take some nastiness for sure but if we turned into Leeds under Revie (an example which will most will probably only know by reputation) I'd really struggle.

Shut your mouth, or I'll two foot you, old man.

Sorry, the spirit of the thread got to me for a second there :P.

But aren't you making a trade-off here? No-one will excuse Charlie Adam's awful behavior because he's not one of the top ten players in the world, but we'll excuse Suarez because he is one of the top players.

I'm reminded of a joke I heard years ago, because it makes the point well. A man meets a woman on the train. After a short while, he asks, "Would you sleep with me for 5,000 pounds?" She thinks for a moment and replies, "yes". Then the man asks, "Would you sleep with me for 5 pounds?" The woman takes offence: "What type of woman do you think I am?" The man shrugs his shoulders: "I thought we'd already established that and were now haggling about the price."

Would you take Suarez despite him being a nasty cheat? Yes. Would you take Charlie Adam despite him being a nasty cheat? No. Why not? We already established that you're willing to recruit nasty cheats.

I wouldn't take Charlie Adam because he is SHIT. I would take Suarez because he is brilliant footballer.

That's a simple concept to get around.

Now unless a bonus point is given at the end of 90 minutes for teams who don't foul, protest decisions, take a tumble etc then quite frankly I couldn't give a toss about this ethical nonsense.

Maybe you didn't feel the sting when Everton were denied a goal in the dying minutes of the champions league game against Villarreal for no other reason than a referee taking the piss. But I did.

I want our players fighting fire with fire till the time comes where decisions are made correctly. It's not a popularity contest it's football.

To Barry.... I think you're way off the mark there. In game, there are moments when you get carried away (so much depends on how the game is going, importance, etc). If you do it once or twice (provided it's not personal) it can be chalked up to emotion in the game. You should apologise immediately, at latest end of the game. No idea if Haf did, but the way I read it, it was a random act

I nearly broke my best friends dads nose playing on an astro-turf pitch that had sand on; I slipped and hit him hard (this is a guy I'd known for 15 years at this point). It wasn't malicious, it was a complete accident. For all the other mistakes I've made playing, I held my hands up immediately and offered to be subbed. Bit different being a nippy winger though, been on the receiving end of many a bad tackle (bar one, everyone apologised)

I've no problem at all if people get injured by accident or from poor challenges. I for one had my tib and fib broken (by an adult!) aged 11 and I hold no resentment. He felt awful. What I can't accept (heat of the moment or not) is someone deliberately trying to injure someone else. If I read the post wrong I'd apogise but there's more than enough in there to indicate it was a deliberate act. If anyone reads the Coleman thread when he was on the receiving end it makes for an interesting read.

On the other issues I don't mind a little bending of the rules to advantage our team!

Edited by barryj

You proved the point. You're willing to accept a nasty cheat if he's good enough on the pitch. Sorry, but that's not for me. I won't compromise on principle. Maybe that's a weakness, but so be it.

Did you demand Gerry get ejected from the club for constant diving or Barkley for that matter?

Did you want Barkley sold for his horrific tackle on Jordan Henderson which could have ended his career?

You see... You are gonna be very busy if you want to draw lines.

No he was not, don't be so silly.

Of course he was. He was a good player who took no shit. Sometimes going too far and at the time fans loved him for it... throwing ince to the floor, standing over hypia,

He was our hard man... the fans loved it.

Suarez has bitten more people than Dracula. :P

He is also a cheat in that he deliberately tries to get people sent off, and generally plays the game in a way I don't want Everton to be associated with.

Maradons, his reputation is in the trash, he is remembered for the "Hand of God", not the fantastic other goals he scored.

Lance Armstrong, everybody knew he was a dope cheat, yet teams hired him and now he is known as one of the greatest drug cheats of all time.

England Cricket Body- Line team of the 30's, won the test series but nobody remembers that, just the fact that they went past a line that sports people should not cross.

I don't want players with the win at any cost mentality at the club, I just want winners.

Suarez plays on the edge... a genius. Once in a while he will do something stupid. I expect the club to discipline him and move on as and when it happens.

It suits an Evertonians agenda to make out that Suarez was a cross between jack the ripper and Maggie Thatcher... the bloke cried if he lost a game in training.

The majority of our fans would have had his name on our shirts and tried to defend him as much as possible if he played for us.

Did any of our fans go bererk when big dunc was accused of racism by boa morte?

Maradona remembered for the handball? Why because England were the victims? Nope. Remembered for being a genius in my book.

Maradona likecsuarez is a pantomime villain... Will Thierry Henry be remembered for being a handballing cheat?

You see... I'm just getting down to the double standards of it all.

Alan shearer kicked a player who was on the floor "in the head"... he punched Keith Gillespie knocking him out and cracking his head on the concrete.... ah but it's Alan shearer not Joey Barton.

Of course he was. He was a good player who took no shit. Sometimes going too far and at the time fans loved him for it... throwing ince to the floor, standing over hypia,

He was our hard man... the fans loved it.

I loved the physicality and passion he had. Back then there was quite often very little to get excited about.

Yes he was- Ferguson was put on a pedestal and adored by fans for strangling Freund Evertonians had it as Avis all over Twitter and still do.

No, that's not the reason I or other fans think he is a legend.

I think Ferguson is a legend for the spirit he had, for being the leading light in a poor team, for helping save us from relegation, and for hid efforts after he retired and the work he does in the community.

Did you demand Gerry get ejected from the club for constant diving or Barkley for that matter?

Did you want Barkley sold for his horrific tackle on Jordan Henderson which could have ended his career?

You see... You are gonna be very busy if you want to draw lines.

I strongly objected to Geri's diving, yes.

Not once have I said I accept violent conduct. Nor do I accept your opinion of my reading comprehension. Thanks though. Have a nice day.

I apologize for the jab but that was two times in a row that you ignored or took the exact opposite of what I'd written and twisted it in your own way.

There are still plenty of "winners" who don't need to bite, elbow and stamp their opponents in order to win. If you'd be happy with a player who consistently does those things at Everton, I don't see how that isn't accepting violent conduct.

if you need the difference between the two explaining then there is no point debating it with you. Wanting a world class player is one thing- illegally tapping him up is something entirely different and something I absolutely wouldn't want us to do but have him play for us if he wanted to and his parent club wanted to sell- yep, 100% for me.

I'm asking what's different about principle for player and club. You care that Everton the club is principled; you wouldn't want us tapping up a player like Liverpool has even if it meant gaining a competitive advantage. That's turning your nose up out of principle.

But you'd accept Suarez despite his conduct, and then mock those who wouldn't out of principle. Just seems a bit hypocritical.

No, that's not the reason I or other fans think he is a legend.

I think Ferguson is a legend for the spirit he had, for being the leading light in a poor team, for helping save us from relegation, and for hid efforts after he retired and the work he does in the community.

What an absolute load of shite!! Spirit for the team- you mean getting sent off constantly and costing us games by having to play with 10 men or serving suspensions.

His goal return is dreadful and he was sent to jail for headbutting an opponent onthe pitch but you loved him yet wouldn't want Suarez who is 100 times the player Ferguson could ever dream to be.

Total double standards. And I guarantee if Suarez had of been ours instead of Liverpools you'd be excusing him also.

about to go for broke on an icelandic viking. said to have killed 1000 men...erm i mean goals :yay:

Oooooh. Sounds tasty!

So long as we win something, it doesnt matter how many men he has killed. Actually it does. Well, it doesn't really. But it does a bit. Probably won't matter. Might matter a little bit. No one will notice. Hope he hides the evidence. They'll probably know.

Oooooh. Sounds tasty!

So long as we win something, it doesnt matter how many men he has killed. Actually it does. Well, it doesn't really. But it does a bit. Probably won't matter. Might matter a little bit. No one will notice. Hope he hides the evidence. They'll probably know.

Lol, oh theres a fire in here, wonder if i can put it out with a pint of petrol.

Lol, oh theres a fire in here, wonder if i can put it out with a pint of petrol.

That actually happened in my earlier life (sort of). I worked in a petrol station as a teenager back in the days when someone fueled the car for you in the days before self service; pumps weren't the most efficient so you often got a bit of it on you when a tank was full and "blew back". One occasion one of the guys had a really bad spill and was soaked, so the other guy on duty tried to dry him out....with his lighter; not the best idea ever. Chap was badly burned but luckily lived to tell the tale.

What an absolute load of shite!! Spirit for the team- you mean getting sent off constantly and costing us games by having to play with 10 men or serving suspensions.

His goal return is dreadful and he was sent to jail for headbutting an opponent onthe pitch but you loved him yet wouldn't want Suarez who is 100 times the player Ferguson could ever dream to be.

Total double standards. And I guarantee if Suarez had of been ours instead of Liverpools you'd be excusing him also.

I don't remember Duncan biting anyone.

Nor do I think he is a saint, he did things I am not proud of, especially the violent incidents, and I criticised him for it at the time. He was a very good old fashioned center forward, he was strong, he was physical but he was not a cage fighter let loose.

He played 269 games in the PL and got sent off 8 times, about once a season, and picked up a yellow card every 7 games on average. Facts are a wonderful thing B)

Suarez was constantly trying to get players sent off, niggling fouls, winding players up, and generally being a git. Would I want him at my club, no. Is he a world class player, yes, would I want him here, no. Rather have someone like Shearer, played hard but fair.

I wouldn't go calling peoples opinions shite Pad, everyone is entitled to their own and to have them respected. I respect yours, if I didn't I would have a field day with some of the manure you inflicted on us.....

Edited by London Blue

Hating this thread. It's becoming the average fan thread.

Our fans haven't turned soft due to not winning trophys, they have turned desperate.

We would gladly be Chelsea or Liverpool now.

People saying, were not saying we should cheat.......

Yes, yes you are.

Saying you would gladly have a player like Suarez, bites and all, .... that's accepting a cheat of a player. A bad tackle is different than biting a player.

Am I happy with our players diving or elbowing players. Of course I aren't. But they are here at our club whether I like it or not, and I don't boo any of our players as I support the club and not the player.

Everyone has their own opinion and views on the subject.

Mine is that it saddens me to read this from our own supporters.

I don't remember Duncan biting anyone.

Nor do I think he is a saint, he did things I am not proud of, especially the violent incidents, and I criticised him for it at the time. He was a very good old fashioned center forward, he was strong, he was physical but he was not a cage fighter let loose.

He played 269 games in the PL and got sent off 8 times, about once a season, and picked up a yellow card every 7 games on average. Facts are a wonderful thing B)

Suarez was constantly trying to get players sent off, niggling fouls, winding players up, and generally being a git. Would I want him at my club, no. Is he a world class player, yes, would I want him here, no. Rather have someone like Shearer, played hard but fair.

I wouldn't go calling peoples opinions shite Pad, everyone is entitled to their own and to have them respected. I respect yours, if I didn't I would have a field day with some of the manure you inflicted on us.....

No, he didn't bite anyone, he just throttled a player and headbutted another- that's acceptable though is it?

You're not proud of what he done but it's just as bad if not worse than anything any other player has done. He was sent to jail ffs, actually banged up because he was a thig yet you defend him.

I never called your opinion a load of shite in fact it was you who said my opinion was silly yet you say you respect itz , I said you were talking a load of shite because you are, you're being hypocritical in defending Ferguson because he was an Everton player whilst making Suarez the devil incarnate.

Don't threaten to have a field day with anything, go for you life if you want to, I don't really give a fuck either way.

Edited by Paddock

No, he didn't bite anyone, he just throttled a player and headbutted another- that's acceptable though is it?

You're not proud of what he done but it's just as bad if not worse than anything any other player has done. He was sent to jail ffs, actually banged up because he was a thig yet you defend him.

I never called your opinion a load of shite in fact it was you who said my opinion was silly yet you say you respect itz , I said you were talking a load of shite because you are, you're being hypocritical in defending Ferguson because he was an Everton player whilst making Suarez the devil incarnate.

Don't threaten to have a field day with anything, go for you life if you want to, I don't really give a fuck either way.

Yes you did.

What an absolute load of shite!!

Pad, we are never going to agree so lets just leave it there eh?