IGNORED

2017 Summer Transfer Window

Oh come on......

The point is that, in prior seasons, we operated on a shoestring budget, and transfer dealings reflected that. Despite this, let's at least recognize the fact that signing Lukaku generated over 60m net, which we've now been able to spend. This is all I'm saying: There were poor purchases, but there was at least one really great one. It was not all doom and gloom as suggested.

The point is that, in prior seasons, we operated on a shoestring budget, and transfer dealings reflected that. Despite this, let's at least recognize the fact that signing Lukaku generated over 60m net, which we've now been able to spend. This is all I'm saying: There were poor purchases, but there was at least one really great one. It was not all doom and gloom as suggested.

I know the point you were making 'in defence' of someone saying something against Martinez...but it's not worth my time to go into it buddy.

I think we can safely say we have enough cover at GK, RB and midfield. I even think we have enough up front with Rooney, Sandro and then DCL, it's just whether you want a typical CF type but that is what DCL is expected to be. Out wide we have enough players but not necessarily a lot of quality.

We definitely need a long term successor to Baines and an additional CB although you could argue with Keane, Williams, Jags and Holgate we have enough deither there too, albeit again not enough quality.

But the 5 players wages dearf Lukakus so not really.

Cb for me aswell.

We have quite a few tho. I know Jags and Williams are getting older but they are good enough for this year. Keane, Mori, Holgate, Besic (i know he is a mid but i read somewhere that RM sees him as a future CB)

Thats 6 CBs. We can wait another year imo (unless VvD wants to come, in which case, hell yes!)

Mori is out for 6 months, and he is a bit of a sick note, as is Besic.

If they can keep their fitness both will be usefull players.

Not sure if Williams will be automatic pick this season, I think Keane and Jags will get the nod for the opener.

Mori is out for 6 months, and he is a bit of a sick note, as is Besic.

If they can keep their fitness both will be usefull players.

Not sure if Williams will be automatic pick this season, I think Keane and Jags will get the nod for the opener.

If Williams isnt as heavy as he was in that picture the other week ill expect him to start before Jags. Keane and Williams in the first game

Costa has an attitude on the pitch, but his team mates love him. I'd have him here in a heartbeat!

Don't care about his attitude. I care about his dirty tricks and behavior. Be angry. Yell, scream, make strong challenges. Stand up to the officials. Be cocky and celebrate the shit out of your goals.

But I'll never be okay with any Everton player stamping, biting or headbutting like he has. Might as well be a shite fan if you're okay with his behavior on the pitch.

Sound then, I'll just be a Kopite because I would have one of the best strikers in the league at Everton.

For all of his antics the lads only been sent off once in the prem I believe (against us). If we're going down the whiter than white route, would you not have Suarez at Everton? I know I would. I'd have had Cantona too, man was mental but a great player. I'd have had Roy Keane too, he actually tried to break a mans leg. Our very own Duncan Ferguson went to jail for a head butt, he's coaching our players. He's an actual criminal, coaching first team players!!!

Sound then, I'll just be a Kopite because I would have one of the best strikers in the league at Everton.

For all of his antics the lads only been sent off once in the prem I believe (against us). If we're going down the whiter than white route, would you not have Suarez at Everton? I know I would. I'd have had Cantona too, man was mental but a great player. I'd have had Roy Keane too, he actually tried to break a mans leg. Our very own Duncan Ferguson went to jail for a head butt, he's coaching our players. He's an actual criminal, coaching first team players!!!

If he played for a team not in the Top Six, he would have been sent off several times by now.

Suarez who didn't get a single red in 110 matches in the Prem. You and I both know most of the dirtier acts on the pitch occur away from the refs precisely because they're intentional. Not a good representation at all of the character of a player. Sendoffs demonstrate clumsiness and desperation more than they indicate a dirty player.

And no I'd prefer Suarez never play here.

Suarez and Costa could have both easily been sent to jail for assaults. The fact that Ferguson was doesn't make him any different. As good as he was for the club, and it was all before my fandom, I'm glad we haven't had another prominent player with such violent tactics since.

Suarez who didn't get a single red in 110 matches in the Prem. You and I both know most of the dirtier acts on the pitch occur away from the refs precisely because they're intentional. Not a good representation at all of the character of a player. Sendoffs demonstrate clumsiness and desperation more than they indicate a dirty player.

And no I'd prefer Suarez never play here.

Suarez and Costa could have both easily been sent to jail for assaults. The fact that Ferguson was doesn't make him any different. As good as he was for the club, and it was all before my fandom, I'm glad we haven't had another prominent player with such violent tactics since.

So if th player doesn't get caught by the ref it's ok? I'm confused as to your whiter than white standards. I want winners, if they bring baggage so be it. Duncan wasn't actually very good for the club at all, but became an icon more for his aggression and attitude than his ability.

So if th player doesn't get caught by the ref it's ok? I'm confused as to your whiter than white standards. I want winners, if they bring baggage so be it. Duncan wasn't actually very good for the club at all, but became an icon more for his aggression and attitude than his ability.

In his first spell at Everton he scored 35 goals in 107 appearances, in a struggling team.

On his day he was unplayable, his strength, aggression, ability to motivate others and his skill made him a very good striker.

His second spell was ruined by injuries.

He was a quality player for us and has become an Everton Legend, so maybe pick another player to make your point.

Edited by London Blue

In his first spell at Everton he scored 35 goals in 107 appearances, in a struggling team.

On his day he was unplayable, his strength, aggression, ability to motivate others and his skill made him a very good striker.

He was a quality player for us and has become an Everton Legend, so maybe pick another player to make your point.

I always struggle when people say he wasn't very good.

Bobby Robson was a good judge of a footballer for me.

He was a quality player for us and has become an Everton Legend, so maybe pick another player to make your rather poorly thought out point.

I love Big Dunc but his status is what it is because he was essentially the only positive in possibly the worst era of the club. Going to Goodison in the late 90s, Ferguson was literally the only thing to sing about. He's not a legend for his ability; he's a legend for what he represents.

I love Big Dunc but his status is what it is because he was essentially the only positive in possibly the worst era of the club. Going to Goodison in the late 90s, Ferguson was literally the only thing to sing about. He's not a legend for his ability; he's a legend for what he represents.

He was no Ginola or Gascoigne I grant you, but he was a great header of the ball (first player in the prem to score hatrick of headers) and great traditional center forward, strength, ability to lead the line and bring players into a game with his physical presence. I agree tho that his legend status is due to what he epitomised, spirit, hard work and love for the club.

Have your opinion all you want mate, I'll have mine too. 35 goals in 107 games is and was poor. He never became the player he could have been, he will tell you that himself if you ask him.

Feel free to be prescious over Duncan, but he shone in a poor side and it didn't take much. You call him a legend, I call Alan Ball a legend, Dave Hickson a legend, Neville Southall a legend. To me Duncan was an icon of his time, that's all. Great and master are words I'd have used for Shearer, he set the standard at the time. Duncan was a mile away from him.

Again, you have your opinion, I'll have mine.

Edited by StevO

Have your opinion all you want mate, I'll have mine too. 35 goals in 107 games is and was poor. He never became the player he could have been, he will tell you that himself if you ask him.

Feel free to be prescious over Duncan, but he shone in a poor side and it didn't take much. You call him a legend, I call Alan Ball a legend, Dave Hickson a legend, Neville Southall a legend. To me Duncan was an icon of his time, that's all. Great and master are words I'd have used for Shearer, he set the standard at the time. Duncan was a mile away from him.

Again, you have your opinion, I'll have mine.

How is that at all what you took from reading that? I'm saying generally a ref doesn't catch the truly dirty tactics because they're done intentionally away from the eye of the ref. Hard and ill-timed tackles are generally born of aggression and clumsiness - those are the ones that earn red cards. Those and head butts like Big Duncs that are unfortunate and incredibly poorly-judged moments of passion when everyone is watching. The truly morally reprehensible tactics are the shady ones that are done away from the eye of the referee - bites, pinches, elbows, stamps and jabs that are incredibly unsportsmanlike and that players know they'll never be caught for in the moment. You somehow implied that I meant the exact opposite of what I said.

And as far as how important Big Dunc was to the team, I'll leave that to those who were supporters at the time to decide, but he still has the second most goals for us in the Premier League era and is top five in goals-to-game ratio of players who have scored more than 10.

Would y'all be keen on acquiring both Giroud AND Josh King? The latter would provide a more direct playing style and speed-based # 9 alternative to Giroud when required, as well as acting as either starting winger or wide coverage. He may also play a rather complementary foil to both Giroud and DCL in a front two when considering formation changes.

Maybe (definitely) bring in Blaise Matuidi to strengthen the #6/#8 availabilities over the course of Europa, League, and Cups (if we can pull off that miracle that is) and a Bruno Martins Indi -type to slot and cover CB/LB options (I'll-convinced on Besic & Holgate needs developmental time at CB before being truly depedended upon). The only questionable situation would be which #10 (Barkley, Sigurdsson, Viera, unknown) fits the bill for the surrounding squad.

That would cover the weak links in both offensive and defensive chains, at least for this season! We should offload an equalivalent number of non-essential players if this is the case. That said though, any objections to the aforementioned ideas above? Far too optimistic? Too unrealistic?