IGNORED

2017 Summer Transfer Window

Patience on the LB/CB and ST. Koeman surely waiting until Europa League progression. They aren't required (numbers-wise, we can argue talent elsewhere) if we don't progress. Also EL group stage gives him bargaining chip with potential signings. He clearly wants Sigurdsson regardless.

He'll want the 3 regardless of qualification imo.

Patience on the LB/CB and ST. Koeman surely waiting until Europa League progression. They aren't required (numbers-wise, we can argue talent elsewhere) if we don't progress. Also EL group stage gives him bargaining chip with potential signings. He clearly wants Sigurdsson regardless.

stiker is for me, regardless. CB And LB can wait

Does anyone know of targets for the CB/LB spot? Difficult position to fill no? With Williams/Jags/Baines seems like we are looking for a player who will be on the bench for a good chunk of the season. Thomas Vermaelen and Daley Blind will keep much higher wages to sit the bench at champs league clubs so dont see those happening. Who else is out there?

Does anyone know of targets for the CB/LB spot? Difficult position to fill no? With Williams/Jags/Baines seems like we are looking for a player who will be on the bench for a good chunk of the season. Thomas Vermaelen and Daley Blind will keep much higher wages to sit the bench at champs league clubs so dont see those happening. Who else is out there?

Virgil Van Dyke. Although we are more likely to sign Dick.

I've got to be honest I'm not very excited with the transfer window to date, we have brought from the games I have seen so far some pretty average players in Klaassen and Sandro, but hopefully they will come good in time, Keane has been a positive and will make a big impact in the defence.

What concerns me is in reality we haven't spent anything when you take into account our sales, and on that point we have parted company with a world class striker and look to be losing a potentially top-notch midfielder in Ross.

What we need to see is two really big time players come in, preferably a striker and a number ten, for a combined fee of 130-150M which would show commitment from the board, because we've heard a lot about how much monies available but we haven't seen any spent.

So for these reasons I think it's been a poor transfer window to date and if it doesn't improve before close of window, we could potentially have a poorer starting eleven than last season.

I think it's inevitable for early dissapointment after an exciting start to the window.

I haven't been impressed by Klaassen, but it's easy to see that he is a very intelligent player. I'm hoping he will settle and become an integral part.

I don't get what people are missing in Sandro. He has looked very hard working, shows a good first touch and has been very direct every time I have watched him.

I think it will take him time than any of the other signings to settle... but it's easy to see why he is rated so highly.

Keane looked nervous for me against Sevilla. He is a very steady player and I can see him becoming our next Jags.

Pickford.... now this guy I have been impressed with. He seems commanding and loud.

Disappointed we haven't added another signing since, but there is staill time and it shouldn't deter from the fact that this has been one of most busy windows for years.

We need a few good results to get the feel good factor going after a run of really mediocre pre season performances.

The squad as a whole is stronger.

The starting 11 is slightly stronger but with a couple of obvious holes. Koemans overall game plan will deter if these holes are as gaping as we think.

The thing for us is that all those clubs who finished above us are spending money on quality players to further strengthen their already stronger than ours squads, without losing anyone of significance.

Unless we make 2 or 3 huge signings in the coming weeks, people will need to temper their expectations for this season. And I don't mean that in a doom and gloom way. Just don't expect an insurgence into the top 4.

I still think (hope) we'll make a bang in this window. So my I'll wait and see before really judging.

Shukes, you forgot Martina

I'm thinking that they need a few more games together to show what Koemans looking for, Rooney seems too desperate to force an impact rather than it happening instinctively, Sandro has a lot of energy, needs to learn how to stay on his feet ( same as Barkley), Keane will settle in, and Pickford looks confident already and will continue to grow in stature.

There's still something missing, I'll,be happy with Sigi for £40m or less, over that and we're being fleeced, and a big strong CF ( no not Deeney )

The squad as a whole is stronger.

The starting 11 is slightly stronger but with a couple of obvious holes. Koemans overall game plan will deter if these holes are as gaping as we think.

The thing for us is that all those clubs who finished above us are spending money on quality players to further strengthen their already stronger than ours squads, without losing anyone of significance.

Unless we make 2 or 3 huge signings in the coming weeks, people will need to temper their expectations for this season. And I don't mean that in a doom and gloom way. Just don't expect an insurgence into the top 4.

I still think (hope) we'll make a bang in this window. So my I'll wait and see before really judging.

Agree across the board - well said

Sandro - 10

Rooney - 10

Klaasen - 5

Sig...(or other) - 5

Conservative but realistic expectations.

Dont forget that you are only replacing 2 players so the other spaces would be taking spaces from others. Say Siggy replaces Kev and Klaasen replaces Davies. They scored 7 last season so with your very fair estimate thats 3 extra goals.

Unless both played up front I don't see 20 goals out of Sandro and Rooney. If we do get Siggy in then these two wont even play every game. Its certainly possible but I just don't see it at this moment in time. It's very early days though!

The obvious hole to me is that we are lowing roughly 20-25 goals from two players and I'm not sure where those extra goals are coming from yet.

This is where Koeman has to prove himself.

He said he doesn't like to rely on goals from one man, this is not his way. He prefers goals spread across several players.

We have brought in players, that he has helped identify, who can score. And we are chasing another, plus we eant a striker. Now he has to make it work. No excuses.

We have had a great window so far. Wth are some of you talking about? If we get the LB, winger and striker we will have the best window of any team in the prem. We are close to it even without those three players.

Time is running out though. Will we get the three Koeman wants?

Edited by Peter H

Yeah. I think so.

3 weeks left of the window. I think it feels like less time is left because we started buying early, and that set us up to think every target would be in before the league kicks off.

We seem to be fully engaged with getting Sigurdsson in, once he's in we'll focus more on the other targets....which we are hearing very little of at the moment.

Edited by Newty82

Yeah. I think so.

3 weeks left of the window. I think it feels like less time is left because we started buying early, and that set us up to think every target would be in before the league kicks off.

We seem to be fully engaged with getting Sigurdsson in, once he's in we'll focus more on the other targets....which we are hearing very little of at the moment.

agreed again, we are on the same wavelength today newts. The siggy is on going but the other 2 reek of TDD or thereabouts. Looking for a bargain or loan or pipping another team on a player.

We have had a great window so far. Wth are some of you talking about? If we get the LB, winger and striker we will have the best window of any team in the prem. We are close to it even without those three players.

think some people are frustrated by some of the sicknotes we've been linked with

I'm still hoping for a star striker. The rest can wait.

Especially as we have signed two strikers that he doesn't seem to fancy as strikers.

No he said Sandro is a number 9 and Calvert-Lewin has a bright future but very raw. He wants another striker to complement these options - the main focal point which is clearly going to be a big target man. He's already said that Rooney can fill a number of roles.

No he said Sandro is a number 9 and Calvert-Lewin has a bright future but very raw. He wants another striker to complement these options - the main focal point which is clearly going to be a big target man. He's already said that Rooney can fill a number of roles.

I get that but you can only have so many men on the field at one time. When you get another striker in, Bolasie gets fit and Siggy signs what happens then? They haven't all signed to sit on the bench. Including Barkley we will have 9 players for 4 attacking spots. 4 of which are best when they play as a striker.