IGNORED

Moussa Dembele (the striker)

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

We've got DCL who can do that. We need someone who can capitilize on that and score

He was excellent yesterday, won everything in the air.

Think Klaassen should be given a chance behind him, he's seems a smart player and should be able to read where the knock down will go. 

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

We've got DCL who can do that. We need someone who can capitilize on that and score

DCL is going to fulfill my prediction that he is gonna be a top player.  Aside from having to do work on his finishing he seems to have the lot. 

His touch and hold up play is very very good.  A few pounds of muscle and he will be one of those forwards who can look unplayable. 

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

But we don't play two up top so whoever starts up front needs to be able to do everything. We don' need to skunk another wad of cash on someone else to stick on the bench.

30 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He was excellent yesterday, won everything in the air.

Think Klaassen should be given a chance behind him, he's seems a smart player and should be able to read where the knock down will go. 

I wouldn't be against that and seeing what happens.

On 05/04/2017 at 06:37, hafnia said:

Don't get it.... he's not ready at all.

What a difference a month makes!

On 03/05/2017 at 20:26, hafnia said:

I have watched him properly after being a bit underwhelmed.

I actually think we have a genuine class act in the making. He is playing out of position but he has all the tools to become a top player.

45 minutes ago, hafnia said:

DCL is going to fulfill my prediction that he is gonna be a top player.

I think many spotted his talent straight away after the cameo vs Arsenal. It’s obvious he’s got a big future in the game. Personally, I thought he was poor yesterday but appreciate the thankless task which faced him. His development in the past 12months has been rapid and, although not the finished article, his goals and assists seem to be tallying up steadily, which is a huge positive as that’s what he’ll ultimately be judged on.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

DCL is going to fulfill my prediction that he is gonna be a top player.  Aside from having to do work on his finishing he seems to have the lot. 

His touch and hold up play is very very good.  A few pounds of muscle and he will be one of those forwards who can look unplayable. 

It’s a lot of work to improve his finishing, that’s my only concern. Otherwise I’d agree. The difference with him playing up top vs when he was put on the wing is massive  

@Bailey, I know, but we should be playing 2 to get the best out of DCLs work so that he continues to develop. No idea if this lad is the answer, but I’ll be very surprised if we found that perfect all-round player, so in the meantime we need to adapt 

I actually think the reason he can be so good is the strides he made in a short time. 

DCL looks like he will be learning and practicing... Humble and committed. He seems like a sponge. 

Put it this way if a club offers 25m for him I would reject it.  I bet Chelsea or man City are eyeing him. Fits the profile of the type of signings they go for now.  Young English and plenty of potential. 

14 hours ago, Makis said:

SPL is a shite league, though. If he was banging goals in, say, the Finnish league would you still want him at that price? Moreno banged them there and moved to Scotland and hasn’t done too badly.

Thank god we didn’t buy Suarez from that shit Dutch league or Lukaku from that garbage Belgian league or gabriel Jesus from the joke that is the Brazilian league.  I’ll take these proven championship players like Dwight Gayle and Troy deeney any day over them.

/sarcasm

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Thank god we didn’t buy Suarez from that shit Dutch league or Lukaku from that garbage Belgian league or gabriel Jesus from the joke that is the Brazilian league.  I’ll take these proven championship players like Dwight Gayle and Troy deeney any day over them.

/sarcasm

We got Rom from Chelsea, but I agree with your point 

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

/sarcasm

Dutch league is way, way better than the Scottish league. And we've got some great players from the Dutch league, haven't we?

Just check how well Scottish clubs except Celtic do in Europe. So he's basically playing in the one club in a one-club league and not being the first choice and we should pay 27 million for him? Plenty of shite forwards score plenty in Scotland.

2 hours ago, Makis said:

Dutch league is way, way better than the Scottish league. And we've got some great players from the Dutch league, haven't we?

Just check how well Scottish clubs except Celtic do in Europe. So he's basically playing in the one club in a one-club league and not being the first choice and we should pay 27 million for him? Plenty of shite forwards score plenty in Scotland.

Makis he’s already played in the premier league and championship with Fulham and did well even thought he was young.  He came from PSG.  This kid has been marked for greater things for years now, don’t let the SPL cloud your judgement.  I was a fan when he was at Fulham and wanted him before he went to Celtic.

4 hours ago, Aidan Lewis said:

Scored goals in the SPL who cares?! 

Might as well have scored goals in league 1.

If you read my posts a couple up he already played in the premier league and championship with Fulham and came from PSG academy.  The SPL negs are unfounded.  He’s a technical player playing in a rugby league, fish out of water.

12 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

If you read my posts a couple up he already played in the premier league and championship with Fulham and came from PSG academy.  The SPL negs are unfounded.  He’s a technical player playing in a rugby league, fish out of water.

He's not the answer in my opinion and we can't afford to bring a striker in who might not hit the ground running.

4 hours ago, StevO said:

For that money, we need options, he would be worth the risk. 

Agreed. As long as he isn'tt expected to lead the line on his own, at that price he is worth a go. Even if he might not be as effective to the team as DCL is, he is still miles better than Niasse. Plus the latter is probably still worth £10 mil plus.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

No point in having a striker if the team doesn’t create chances.

All the more need to have a clinical striker or a striker who can make something from nothing if we’re not creating a lot.

I remember in the first half today (around 35th min) we had built a rare attack which broke down as it went to DCL in the box with his back to goal. I like DCL but moments like that show how much development he still needs and how we desperately need better.

13 minutes ago, c1982 said:

All the more need to have a clinical striker or a striker who can make something from nothing if we’re not creating a lot.

I remember in the first half today (around 35th min) we had built a rare attack which broke down as it went to DCL in the box with his back to goal. I like DCL but moments like that show how much development he still needs and how we desperately need better.

Also, we need another striker if for no other reason than to give DCL a rest. He was running on empty today and it showed. 

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Also, we need another striker if for no other reason than to give DCL a rest. He was running on empty today and it showed. 

I agree - I still want him to get plenty of opportunities but with much better options ahead of him - it’d probably act as motivation to the lad.

3 hours ago, c1982 said:

i mentioned that exact moment in the match day thread.  half a chance and it bounces off him,  rom had a better first touch than that :rofl: