IGNORED

Moussa Dembele (the striker)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't think we will be making any offers to anybody until we know what league we are playing in.

What a job Thelwell has this next couple of months - what division are we going to be in? Who might stay, who might leave?  Would there be a transfer embargo or not placed on the club? He his going to have to be working on a plan A, plan B and possibly a plan C.

Strikers like Tom Cannon and Ellis Simms likely to do well enough in the Championship, if they had a relatively good team behind them producing enough chances. 

Players like this, experienced but not really old, on a free (and wages around £85k) might not be a bad route for us to go down. With our restricted finances, and the chance to move on players like Mina, Gomes, Holgate, and probably a few others, we can start to cut our cloth accordingly. 

On 07/04/2023 at 14:50, StevO said:

Won’t be this season anyway, so don’t worry just yet. 

Not worrying it would be nice to do a Burnley 

thought I read they were trying to fast track the points deduction the press and premier league hate us. 
we would be the first as usual 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, c1982 said:

He’s left Lyon on a free and it seems a no-brainer for us but it’s not usually that simple!

I was going to say he hasn't played, scored or looked shit in the PL before which would put him at the bottom of any list we may have, but then I remembered he played for Fulham. So there's hope we might know of his existence.

I don’t recall a (pre)season like this for how much quality is available for free this summer. It’s not hard but there a loads of players who would at least improve our squad available for no fee. Obviously, it’d mean other fees but we need to benefit from this.

Is he really up to the pace of the EPL? I have my doubts.  Rondon had EPL experience and goals but you need pace in this league.

Would really like us to be focusing on the future and would rather take a chance on someone with less experience but has pace.  This would mean they have the potential to take DCL's spot vs just holding us over until he is fit.

22 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Is he really up to the pace of the EPL? I have my doubts.  Rondon had EPL experience and goals but you need pace in this league.

Would really like us to be focusing on the future and would rather take a chance on someone with less experience but has pace.  This would mean they have the potential to take DCL's spot vs just holding us over until he is fit.

He's at a much better age and place in his career than Rondon.  Dembele would not be a good choice for a single main striker - especially if we keep a "crosses to Dom" style attack - but looks like a decent option among 3 or 4 attackers. Certainly a better stand in than Neal. 

12 hours ago, Shukes said:

I’m 50/50 on him as well.

Not doing well at the moment and no one else seems to be busting a gut to get him in. 

Actually, sounds like a typical Everton signing haha.

Seems he lost his place to Lacazette this season. Whilst I am a fan of Lacazette he didn't exactly light up the league for Arsenal and I wouldn't rate the French and Scottish leagues as a guide to a good goalscorer. 

I haven't seen anything of him though so it might just be that he fits our style. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...