IGNORED

Hajduk Split (Europa League Leg 2) [Away] Thursday August 24th

markjazzbassist

important to remember they got through a tricky tie without going through the gears. We still need to get past Chelsea at the weekend.

Yep, very professional display once we gained control without exerting too much energy/picking up anymore injuries... a few hairy moments on the way though.

Mirallas moment, when I saw it happening I said to Josh that they were going to miss it.

I thought that too but was on my own (Mrs was upstairs watching something else on a moderately sized television - see Sandro thread) so didn't have anyone to voice this to!

Well that was painful...

Pickford had a couple of wobbles but made some big saves when needed, Baines was his usual solid self (im surprised he isnt back in the England fold), and I actually thought Schneiderlin and Besic played quite well together. DCL worked hard but was played out of position yet again and Rooney did quite well too.

On the other end of the scale Cuco was crap, Keane had his worst game for us, Williams was ok but gave a silly foul away and a silly pen. Lookman was garbage (I still dont see it), Lennon wasnt much better.

Siggy was a weird one because he didnt do much but score a wonder goal but the majority of what he did was tidy. He should have done a bit better with a potential assist for DCL and he had a relatively easy chance in the first half he didnt get on target. He works his nuts off and I am hoping to see more from his overall game as he gets sharper.

The goal just papered over the cracks. We were shit and better teams will absolutely take us apart. The lack of tempo is a worry, our dour performances away from home is another worry, but our players looking like they haven't got a clue what to do with the ball or having much quality in attack? They're more than worries.

Williams is overweight for a centre half.... that's saying something.

Completely out of shape and balance. Heavy legged.

That takle reminds me of when you have a little kick about at a bbq. Williams foul was like he was holding a beer and eating a hot dog. Very clumsy.

That takle reminds me of when you have a little kick about at a bbq. Williams foul was like he was holding a beer and eating a hot dog. Very clumsy.

It reminded me of playing "soccer 6's" at pensby at the age of 35 against a team of 18 year olds.

I packed in after it.

Edited by Hafnia

The goal just papered over the cracks. We were shit and better teams will absolutely take us apart. The lack of tempo is a worry, our dour performances away from home is another worry, but our players looking like they haven't got a clue what to do with the ball or having much quality in attack? They're more than worries.

absolutely this.

I don't think we were that bad- we had half a team out and we never really looked in trouble, we controlled the game for long periods and they scored a worldy.

We don't look great up top tbf but Siggurdson will get fitter and we will gel. We have a lot of new players and a lot of young players. I think we're doing ok.

I don't think we were that bad- we had half a team out and we never really looked in trouble, we controlled the game for long periods and they scored a worldy.

We don't look great up top tbf but Siggurdson will get fitter and we will gel. We have a lot of new players and a lot of young players. I think we're doing ok.

Half a team?

Probably referring to the absence of Coleman, Mori, Gueye, Klaassen, Barkley, Bolassie and Sandro so actually more than half a team who would realistically start when fit.

Would they though? Coleman yes, Gueye yes and maybe one of theach last 4 you mentioned but it's hardly too depleted.

Would they though? Coleman yes, Gueye yes and maybe one of theach last 4 you mentioned but it's hardly too depleted.

I missed McCarthy too.

Having a European campaign means it's a lot more than just a starting xi that we need to be thinking about - we need to have quality back-up. With the extra players who were missing, all of a sudden you can rotate with Chelsea away on the Sunday in mind but still stay strong in the line-up and keep the personnel fresh over a long season.

Half a team?

Yes- half a team out. Coleman, Mori Bolasie, Klassen, Gana, McCarthy Sandro, a half fit Sigguardsun and still needing a striker to be brought in. We're not the finished article et and we're going to need time to knit together with suge huge changes to the squad.

We need to be patient and give them time imo not start shouting we're shit or have no clue after 4 games which incidentally we're unbeaten in.

Edited by Paddock

Point I'm making is that's 6-8 if you want to count Barkley first team players missing.

Yeh but you arent putting 6-8 players back into the starting 11. The players we had out there were more than good enough to put in a performance.

There is nothing I have seen to suggest that having any of those players back into the starting 11 that would improve us dramatically. The possible one is Barkley who can make the difference but I doubt we will see him play for us again.

Yeh but you arent putting 6-8 players back into the starting 11. The players we had out there were more than good enough to put in a performance.

There is nothing I have seen to suggest that having any of those players back into the starting 11 that would improve us dramatically. The possible one is Barkley who can make the difference but I doubt we will see him play for us again.

Coleman, Bolasie, Klassen and Gana all start- so there's 4, the others give us options off the bench.

We played an away game in difficult circumstances after playing City 3 days before and done a job and got through easily. I really don't know why people are moaning.