IGNORED

Nikola Vlasic

I said awhile back that the problem for him here is positional and being given a run through the middle where he should be playing not out wide 

It would be a case of dropping Sigurdsson for him which wasn't likely to happen at the beginning of the season 

I'd definitely keep hold of him if possible 

My only worry is that when he was over here, he looked energetic, but not much else. A loan was the best option for him as we can give him a solid run.... and then our staff can run the rule over him ore season.

Wpuld be nice to see him progress and become good enough for this league and our level.

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

My only worry is that when he was over here, he looked energetic, but not much else. A loan was the best option for him as we can give him a solid run.... and then our staff can run the rule over him ore season.

Wpuld be nice to see him progress and become good enough for this league and our level.

Energetic, great control and could pick a pass. He is made for Silva’s tactics but didn’t prosper in the previous season for no fault of his own. 

Id love to get him back

3 hours ago, Haiku said:

Bring him back. I would have him over Walcott any day recently.

He's been playing in his natural position for them through the middle as an attacking mid, we have and still shoehorn players into the wrong positions 

I'd have him back but he'd be vying with Sigurdsson for me 

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

He's been playing in his natural position for them through the middle as an attacking mid, we have and still shoehorn players into the wrong positions 

I'd have him back but he'd be vying with Sigurdsson for me 

I was gonna ask if he’s playing the middle or wing for them.  Good to see it’s the middle.  

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Energetic, great control and could pick a pass. He is made for Silva’s tactics but didn’t prosper in the previous season for no fault of his own. 

Id love to get him back

Ye I could be wrong and hope I am. It’s not like we’re new to mismanaged players.

And we’re not really lighting any fires on the wings are we. But then is he better suited in the middle? Either way, it would be like a new player for us.

14 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Ye I could be wrong and hope I am. It’s not like we’re new to mismanaged players.

And we’re not really lighting any fires on the wings are we. But then is he better suited in the middle? Either way, it would be like a new player for us.

If he did what Richarlison and Lookman do, occasionally going wide but concentrating on cutting in to knockdowns or through balls, then we’d get the best out of him. 

56 minutes ago, Matt said:

If he did what Richarlison and Lookman do, occasionally going wide but concentrating on cutting in to knockdowns or through balls, then we’d get the best out of him. 

Exactly what I would expect from him. He's natural on all positions behind the striker as far as I know and cutting inside is his strongest trait. Perhaps we could drag Siggy deeper into the MC slot, replacing Gana in some matches and give Vlasic the central attacking role? 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

I was gonna ask if he’s playing the middle or wing for them.  Good to see it’s the middle.  

He does mate plays centrally and most of his goals build up play and assists come from those area's

If he came back he'd be wasted on the wing cutting in occasionally or not he's far more suited through the middle 

The loan will do him the world of good but going off his recent interview he seems to want to stay there which if he comes back isn'tt always a healthy thing, he needed the move but it could backfire down the line 

Shame he went out as he'd have been good competition for Sigurdsson ATM and would give us a different option

6 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

Shame he went out

Don't agree with that.  He would have mostly sat on the bench or played occasionally out wide, never getting a real chance to press his case.  Vlasic is showing the benefit of regular, competitive, first team football. 

We need to get as many of the, non playing, kids out on loan as possible.

25 minutes ago, DownUnderToff said:

Don't agree with that.  He would have mostly sat on the bench or played occasionally out wide, never getting a real chance to press his case.  Vlasic is showing the benefit of regular, competitive, first team football. 

We need to get as many of the, non playing, kids out on loan as possible.

Read above that..... it's a double edged sword situation 

Good for his development potentially bad for us 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This week Vlasic has sat down for a new interview with Croatian outlet Sportske Novosti.

During the interview, Vlasic has mocked Everton for thinking they are as good as Tottenham:

Everton has spent $100 million last year on reinforcements. Only three players – Richarlison, (Yerry) Mina and (Lucas) Digne – cost about 90 million.

Everton are looking for great names and players from big clubs, like Barcelona.

Despite these immense investments, the team is currently in the 11th place. That means there will be new, big purchases (in the future).

I know (Everton) have decided internally that they will try to be the new Tottenham and join the biggest league clubs.

What went wrong for Vlasic at Everton

Vlasic also opened up about why his move to Everton didn’t work out.

For the Croatian, his problems are all Sam Allardyce’s fault:

Everything changed after (Ronald) Koeman left. The football played under Big Sam was awful, if it could even be called football.

In such football I do not have a place. The football team was terrified by everything – the fans mostly.

Why am I not surprised? I also don't think his comment comparing us to Spurs was really that much of a mockery.

I don’t think this first comment was bad either but Brands has spoken at length about how much the character and personality of the player is important to the acquisition of the player so with that mindset I just think he doesn’t fit the stereotype that brands has. Therefore I think he will be sold this summer.  I’m not saying I want him to be sold just that I think he will be sold

4 minutes ago, sibdane said:

Why am I not surprised? I also don't think his comment comparing us to Spurs was really that much of a mockery.

Think the whole thing is a piss take. Why would we want to emulate Spurs they haven't won the league either and I'd hope we're aiming higher than a league Cup. 

39 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Think the whole thing is a piss take. Why would we want to emulate Spurs they haven't won the league either and I'd hope we're aiming higher than a league Cup. 

That is true, but given both of our financial models, we'll probably take the same route as they are. We don't have the same deep pockets as City, ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea...

Also, Spurs are a top 4 team every season, they play great football, and they don't have a team full of egos. I would much prefer that over where we are now.

If it's true then those are big words coming from a little boy who was playing in the Croatian League not two years ago. Get on with your job if you want to move then fuck off just do it quietly. Don't know why so many people rate this idiot so highly he's done fuck all apart from score a few goals in the Russian league and all he seems to do is mouth off.

8 hours ago, Aidan said:

If it's true then those are big words coming from a little boy who was playing in the Croatian League not two years ago. Get on with your job if you want to move then fuck off just do it quietly. Don't know why so many people rate this idiot so highly he's done fuck all apart from score a few goals in the Russian league and all he seems to do is mouth off.

I’m with you here. I was excited when he first arrived, more out of hope.

But then I watched him play a few times and realised he is nowhere near our level... and didn’t even have the potential of others here.

Thats said, he does seem to be doing well over there, so maybe he has progressed a great deal?.... but then he opens his mouth and all i here is .... Lukaku Lukaku Lukaku! Same as always for me..... we’re Everton.... your just someone that played or plays for us.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

I’m with you here. I was excited when he first arrived, more out of hope.

But then I watched him play a few times and realised he is nowhere near our level... and didn’t even have the potential of others here.

Thats said, he does seem to be doing well over there, so maybe he has progressed a great deal?.... but then he opens his mouth and all i here is .... Lukaku Lukaku Lukaku! Same as always for me..... we’re Everton.... your just someone that played or plays for us.

It was hard for me to get excited as we obviously just purchased him because we saw him play in the game or two we had against them. Just another reason why Walsh was an absolute joke.

Get him sold. We don't need a new other number 10 anyway.

18 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Man city didn't win anything at the begining either, it took time.  just like it has at spurs, and now they are consistent, the trophy and league is around the corner for them.  i really believe that.  no reason to believe we can't be the same.

It took Man City four years to win the title from Mansour buying them. Moshiri has been here three already. We're very much going for the Spurs model and we're still streets behind that. 

1 hour ago, nogs said:

It took Man City four years to win the title from Mansour buying them. Moshiri has been here three already. We're very much going for the Spurs model and we're still streets behind that. 

We're not going the Spurs model. They develop their players, we do fucking not.