IGNORED

Nikola Vlasic

• 2 weeks later...

starting to wonder if he's a trouble maker.  there was that rumor about a disciplinary issue last year, now rumor is he's been asked to train outside the first team and told to find a new club.  

the others asked to do the same are trouble makers (williams, mirallas) too.  hmmm.

smoke without fire?  made up smoke?  

strange because he seemed a nice player under koeman.

5 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

starting to wonder if he's a trouble maker.  there was that rumor about a disciplinary issue last year, now rumor is he's been asked to train outside the first team and told to find a new club.  

the others asked to do the same are trouble makers (williams, mirallas) too.  hmmm.

smoke without fire?  made up smoke?  

strange because he seemed a nice player under koeman.

But Martina has been asked too, and he seems a good pro.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

“I talked at the beginning of the (pre-season) training with Everton coach Marco Silva, who openly told me he could not promise me a place among the first eleven."

That's a reason to leave? I've said it before but no player at any club should expect to be picked whatever their form, especially in these days of big squads. "Do the business or you're dropped..." should apply from Messi down; if he hasn't got the belief in himself to earn a place on merit we're well rid.

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

“I talked at the beginning of the (pre-season) training with Everton coach Marco Silva, who openly told me he could not promise me a place among the first eleven."

That's a reason to leave? I've said it before but no player at any club should expect to be picked whatever their form, especially in these days of big squads. "Do the business or you're dropped..." should apply from Messi down; if he hasn't got the belief in himself to earn a place on merit we're well rid.

I was thinking similar but at the same time I have also said that too many players are happy sitting on the bench picking up a pay packet.

Realistically he has Gylfi and Bernard ahead of him and Dowell at a similar level. That could mean that he wouldnt even reach the match day squad let alone come off the bench. 

He lost a lot of game time last year and he is still young so its good that he wants to get more games under his belt. With those comments though the jury is out as to whether we will see him play for us again.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I was thinking similar but at the same time I have also said that too many players are happy sitting on the bench picking up a pay packet.

Realistically he has Gylfi and Bernard ahead of him and Dowell at a similar level. That could mean that he wouldnt even reach the match day squad let alone come off the bench. 

He lost a lot of game time last year and he is still young so its good that he wants to get more games under his belt. With those comments though the jury is out as to whether we will see him play for us again.

This for me. When it became clear Richarlison was coming in and the Bernard deal started moving, who isn’t the same type of player but would be an additional player to get ahead, and he wants and needs to play football, Lookman being told he’s in the present and future plans for the club, I don’t blame him at all. He could’ve just stayed and wasted away, instead he pushed to get first team football and prove himself. shows a very mature young professional in my opinion

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

This for me. When it became clear Richarlison was coming in and the Bernard deal started moving, who isn’t the same type of player but would be an additional player to get ahead, and he wants and needs to play football, Lookman being told he’s in the present and future plans for the club, I don’t blame him at all. He could’ve just stayed and wasted away, instead he pushed to get first team football and prove himself. shows a very mature young professional in my opinion

I don't agree. If you're third or fourth in the pecking order at the start of the season you get your head down in training/U23/league cup games and show the manager that you're worth a go, leaving because you have no guarantee of a starting place shows you don't think you're good enough to convince the boss he's wrong.

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

I doubt that was the conversation though, it probably went on a little more and the... I can’t guarantee you a first team slot, was your probably better leavignon Lon to getfirst team football.

Dont forget there is a language barrier here to deal with as well.

I'm even finding it hard to deal with😉

17 hours ago, MikeO said:

I don't agree. If you're third or fourth in the pecking order at the start of the season you get your head down in training/U23/league cup games and show the manager that you're worth a go, leaving because you have no guarantee of a starting place shows you don't think you're good enough to convince the boss he's wrong.

I agree with the theory, but getting out and playing league and European football gets you a lot more opportunity to show than playing in the reserves in my opinion

53 minutes ago, Btay said:

Scored again to equalise in the Moscow derby a few days ago. Right foot, bent around a player bottom right corner from just outside the box. 

Did hear somethinf that said to Silva he was our best midfielder before leaving...

People will point to things like this meaning we should never loaned him out, but I see it as meaning the loan is very positive and we did the right thing. He simply wouldn't be getting the game time here to be ironing out his game like he is doing in Russia.

22 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

People will point to things like this meaning we should never loaned him out, but I see it as meaning the loan is very positive and we did the right thing. He simply wouldn't be getting the game time here to be ironing out his game like he is doing in Russia.

I’m all for his loan personally. Just, in my opinion I think he could become a very very good player, definitely worth keeping an eye on while away.