IGNORED

Nikola Vlasic

3 hours ago, Finn balor said:

This is what Marco is supposed to be for. Get younger pleasers who are hungry that can be improved like Pochettino does. Vlasic and Henry to come back in should give us plenty of options 

I don't want that wanker near my club now

I love Everton, but we must acknowledge the situation. Last couple of seasons we were following the West Ham model "Buy a pile of garbage for a shit load of money". This season is an improvement, but we're still long way off any well known positive example. It's ridiculous to compare us to City or Tottenham. It wasn't easy for them either, but both clubs had a working strategy since day one. We were at a massive downhill since Moshiri's reign began. What we have learned so far is that money alone can't buy success, if nothing else.

On 12/01/2019 at 01:25, Haiku said:

I love Everton, but we must acknowledge the situation. Last couple of seasons we were following the West Ham model "Buy a pile of garbage for a shit load of money". This season is an improvement, but we're still long way off any well known positive example. It's ridiculous to compare us to City or Tottenham. It wasn't easy for them either, but both clubs had a working strategy since day one. We were at a massive downhill since Moshiri's reign began. What we have learned so far is that money alone can't buy success, if nothing else.

An unfortunate, but accurate, summary with the exception of the “massive downhill” exaggeration.  

• 2 months later...
On 11/01/2019 at 16:52, StevO said:

Quinn we have plenty of financial clout. But it’s not like can’t afford to pay £100m to buy Griezman, it’s that we can’t attract a player of that value in the first place. 

2017-2018 Turnover:

City:  470m pounds

Spurs: > 300m pounds

Everton: ~170m pounds

On 28/03/2019 at 08:07, StevO said:

You know we have a billionaire owner who is still putting money in right? 

Right... Moshiri is worth ~$1.5 billion - he can't bankroll us, or wouldn't be wise to, to keep up with the likes of Spurs or City. We'd also be in violation of financial fair play, but please feel free to debate me, a finance professional, on this.

40 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Right... Moshiri is worth ~$1.5 billion - he can't bankroll us, or wouldn't be wise to, to keep up with the likes of Spurs or City. We'd also be in violation of financial fair play, but please feel free to debate me, a finance professional, on this.

I don’t care if you’re a financial professional or not, Teressa May is a professional politician, you might be shit at your job too. 

I guess we are broke and can’t afford to spend the kind of money we have managed to spend in recent seasons, we aren’t better off with the improved terms we have from the financial institutions the club have now and we don’t benefit from the lack of huge interest payment that we used to pay, we didn’t get increased sponsorship deals for the shirt, the sleeve or the training ground. 

Like any other rich owner out there, he will still find ways to get money in the club. I’m pretty sure it’s no coincidence he keeps buying up more and more shares. 

I keep coming in here hoping to read something about Vlasic, and it takes a long time watching the circle  on  the screen going round and round waiting for the thread to load up, and then Bingo it loads up but its not what I thought I would see, getting on my tit now this.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I keep coming in here hoping to read something about Vlasic, and it takes a long time watching the circle  on  the screen going round and round waiting for the thread to load up, and then Bingo it loads up but its not what I thought I would see, getting on my tit now this.

You still on dial up, Bill?

24 minutes ago, Aidan said:

You still on dial up, Bill?

No mate got cable, usually get 60meg during the day but its a bit busy at the mo only getting about 40. Since the ads came on this site its been useless

26 mW

Download speed
38.1 Mbps

Upload speed
14.5 Mob's

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

No mate got cable, usually get 60meg during the day but its a bit busy at the mo only getting about 40. Since the ads came on this site its been useless

26 mW

Download speed
38.1 Mbps

Upload speed
14.5 Mob's

Should be getting more than less than 2/3 of what you pay for mate. Unless you've gone over you fair usage of download - then they will throttle your speeds. Id get on to your ISP.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Unlimited usage Aidan, fast as fuck on other sites but its been useless on here since the change over.

Unlimited is rarely unlimited mate. Check the small print - you will get a certain amount of usage, then any usage after that will be at a reduced speed because you've exceeded 'fair' use.

They always shaft you somehow.

Thtis is what i have, Fibre Max, which can on a good day can get up to 100megabites, an  this is what i'm getting at the moment, 78 Megs which is better than it was at peak hour.

So Matt, Nobody will convince me that nothings changed,  it has.

Capture.JPG broadband.JPG

Capture.JPG broadband 2.JPG

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Seems he scores every other match in Russia.  Due to his attitude issues I can see him moved on.  Maybe the Russians will pay us 20m for him.

I don't see him as having attitude problems, I see him as being some who wants to play, and I think if he comes back and gets his chance we'll see a decent player. With Finn, I'd like him back.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

I don't see him as having attitude problems, I see him as being some who wants to play, and I think if he comes back and gets his chance we'll see a decent player. With Finn, I'd like him back.

I agree that he wants to play.  He prefers to play centrally.  Do not see him displacing Siggy.  So think he will seek his gametime elsewhere whether we want him or not.

1 hour ago, plaidharper said:

I agree that he wants to play.  He prefers to play centrally.  Do not see him displacing Siggy.  So think he will seek his gametime elsewhere whether we want him or not.

We need top class replacements all over the pitch though if we want to break the glass ceiling; he might "seek" his game-time elsewhere but he's contracted to us until 2022 so he'd get his chance at some point though injury/suspension or just by being the bollocks on the training field. Not his choice to make whether he stays or goes ultimately, it's ours.