IGNORED

Nikola Vlasic

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

I don't see him as having attitude problems, I see him as being some who wants to play, and I think if he comes back and gets his chance we'll see a decent player. With Finn, I'd like him back.

29 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I don’t think he has an attitude problem, he’s just in the same situation as Gomes.

He didn’t have a good time here and has moved somewhere where he feels at home. He doesn’t want to come back.

We need to move on.

Both of these points. He left to escape a toxic atmosphere, like Lookman, to concentrate on what was good for him. It was a very mature decision and means I’ve no doubt about his attitude or application. However, the shite (as did we all) endured means I think he wouldn’t want to come back, and I’d be disappointed but couldn’t really blame him

14 hours ago, Bill said:

I keep coming in here hoping to read something about Vlasic, and it takes a long time watching the circle  on  the screen going round and round waiting for the thread to load up, and then Bingo it loads up but its not what I thought I would see, getting on my tit now this.

👀 when did you have a mastectomy ?

On 03/04/2019 at 15:06, StevO said:

I don’t care if you’re a financial professional or not, Teressa May is a professional politician, you might be shit at your job too. 

I guess we are broke and can’t afford to spend the kind of money we have managed to spend in recent seasons, we aren’t better off with the improved terms we have from the financial institutions the club have now and we don’t benefit from the lack of huge interest payment that we used to pay, we didn’t get increased sponsorship deals for the shirt, the sleeve or the training ground. 

Like any other rich owner out there, he will still find ways to get money in the club. I’m pretty sure it’s no coincidence he keeps buying up more and more shares. 

Your hyperbolic reaction and non-appreciation for my background (that gives me unique expertise here) aside, my original point that we are still miles off Spurs, the least financially strong of the "big six", stands whether you're capable of comprehending that or not.

23 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Your hyperbolic reaction and non-appreciation for my background (that gives me unique expertise here) aside, my original point that we are still miles off Spurs, the least financially strong of the "big six", stands whether you're capable of comprehending that or not.

I am aware we are behind the top six, but we are not the paupers you make us out to be either.

Congratulations on your unique expertise though.  I’m sure you’re the only member of the site who works in your field, and so successfully at that. You can be TT’s very own Gordon Gecko! Awesome!

In seriousness, apart from one comment in one post where you are a self proclaimed expert, why would I have appreciation for your professional background? I could tell you my job is absolutely anything, that doesn’t need to be the end of the debate, and you wouldn’t have to believe me. We don’t agree, it doesn’t matter. I wish you nothing but luck in your career regardless. 

19 hours ago, StevO said:

I am aware we are behind the top six, but we are not the paupers you make us out to be either. I did not make us out to be paupers, however I will and have noted that we are closer to the likes of Leicester, West Ham, Southampton financially than we are the top six. 

Congratulations on your unique expertise though.  I’m sure you’re the only member of the site who works in your field, and so successfully at that. You can be TT’s very own Gordon Gecko! Awesome! 

Gordon Gekko? A bit of a silly reference there. You know, I'd be more than happy to accept or at least appreciate the view of someone with medical experience relating to player injuries on this board, as I generally trust experts. However, it would seem you're the type of guy who lectures his own doctor.

In seriousness, apart from one comment in one post where you are a self proclaimed expert, why would I have appreciation for your professional background? I could tell you my job is absolutely anything, that doesn’t need to be the end of the debate, and you wouldn’t have to believe me. We don’t agree, it doesn’t matter. I wish you nothing but luck in your career regardless. I'd be more than happy to see your analysis of Everton's annual accounts. My point still stands that our club earns ~60% of the annual revenue that Spurs does, which essentially  significantly limits our buying power in the transfer market relative to the big six. 

Hi Stev0, comments provided above. 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, pete0 said:

He looked leaps and bounds ahead of Lookman. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at a champs league club in Italy or Germany in the future. 

Could happen but I would be surprised. Have you read any reports of his time over there? They are a little Meh!! Nothing to stand out etc.

But you could be right, he may settle and progress in a place where he is happy playing.

55 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Could happen but I would be surprised. Have you read any reports of his time over there? They are a little Meh!! Nothing to stand out etc.

But you could be right, he may settle and progress in a place where he is happy playing.

I'm just going off his brief spell here mostly tbh, he was one of the few bright sparks under Koeman. Find the fee to be really low too, we got offered £28m for Lookman and Vlasic has him beat in every department. Was unlucky that Alladyce brought in Walcott to take his place as we were desperate for pace, just don't understand why he was frozen out by Silva and Brands happy to let him go so cheap. 

9 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I think £14 million is way to low. U can’t get a championship fullback for that. I think buy back clauses must be there 

There isn't a lot of money for Russian clubs to spend, so I'd imagine the £14m is an initial fee, with addons and a percentage of any future fees from his next transfer. 

• 1 year later...

Rumoured that we are going to buy Vlasic back from CSK apparently we have first refusal, this season playing out wide he has scored 18 goals and had a hat full of assists, he should start against England on Sunday. 
If Richarlison wants to leave then he would make a great replacement, I think it would be fair to say most of us felt he had a lot about him, but didn’t get a proper opportunity in a very disjointed team.