IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Our old stadium) Sunday December 10th

markjazzbassist

Awful performance. Awful tactics. Way way below what we are about.

But....and this is where football becomes a funny game...hive me a point before the game and I'd snap your hands off.

And the players will gain confidence from this point. They really will.

But, for fucks sake, Allardyce, Lee and Shakespere, don't have us playing like that again. That was absolutely bloody woeful in so many ways.

1 minute ago, chicagoblue said:

Let's not forget that Manchester united came here with much the same gamelan. 

There are real weaknesses in our team and wet set out to try and cover those over. 

Who would take the 3-0 we would have been left with if we'd come out swinging today?

Not swinging but at least offer something... we were better second half and offered a threat albeit not much 

Completely undeserved but I'll take the point. 

I will give me full thoughts later but I can honestly say that I have never seen a more pathetic performance on a football pitch than I did from Cuco today. He did some good things but his attitude to defending is fucking pathetic. He couldn't give a flying fuck about the club or even playing football generally. You could see on his face that he would rather be at home in front of the fire with a hot chocolate. He has to leave this club ASAP.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

You can hit a thousand shots off target, you still won’t score.

what was the on target stats?

Only 3. I'm not arguing what you're saying. Just saying that Allardyce is the king of defense. We won't ever win something with him, but we can feel pretty safe about our existence in premier league. That's probably the best choice of manager for teams with no ambitions.  

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I will give me full thoughts later but I can honestly say that I have never seen a more pathetic performance on a football pitch than I did from Cuco today. He did some good things but his attitude to defending is fucking pathetic. He couldn't give a flying fuck about the club or even playing football generally. You could see on his face that he would rather be at home in front of the fire with a hot chocolate. He has to leave this club ASAP.

Surely this applies equally to Gana and Schneiderlin as well. 

1 minute ago, Haiku said:

Only 3. I'm not arguing what you're saying. Just saying that Allardyce is the king of defense. We won't ever win something with him, but we can feel pretty safe about our existence in premier league. That's probably the best choice of manager for teams with no ambitions.  

Didn’t mean it to look like I was challenging you mate. Just something I noticed through the game.

Thwy didn’t have a good deal of clear chances. And this is a team that has rolled over most before them.

Just now, Shukes said:

Got to give credit to the defence a little then. They did have a few good chances, but mostly there efforts were half chances at best.

Mane missed to clear cut. It was luck that they never scored more, I'd not be happy with a performance like that again this season. We could have easily been trounced 3+ with a gutless showing. 

We picked up after the goal, and their heads dropped. Big Sam should have gone for the three points and brought an attacker on instead of Jagielka. 

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

You could see in his face he's playing out of position against one of the better players in this league, at least give him some respect I don't think we had anyone else who could have done much better out there.

6 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Gana hardly put a foot wrong. Stupid yellow and didn’t challenge well enough for their goal. But, he killed off so many attacks and was basically the only player in midfield that offered an outlet and completed passes today. 

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Agree.

Gana was one of the worst on the pitch first half. He did make a couple of important tackles in the second half.

Schneiderlin still surprises me how far he has fallen.

First half Cuco wasn’t actually that bad. He restricted the leagues most in form player to scraps. Got pushed over easily for the goal though. Second half he looked totally devoid of confidence, had a torrid time. Should have come off. But even he made some important tackles. 

Thw problem is he won’t ever receive credit from Everton fans as he has been chosen. Not saying he deserved any today, but it is surprising how much stock he does get, when others around him are as bad or worse.

What about Williams rush if blood in the first half to leave us 1 v 4 and then his sliced clearances straight to them time and tone again. Or his ten yard first touches. But we always and always will think we know better than any manager.

One thing we can’t really Denis though is that Salah will be in his dreams for years to come.

1 minute ago, JoeQuince said:

Gana hardly put a foot wrong. Stupid yellow and didn’t challenge well enough for their goal. But, he killed off so many attacks and was basically the only player in midfield that offered an outlet and completed passes today. 

Spot on Gana was excellent today.  I think he’s just become the new whipping boy for some

6 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Mane missed to clear cut. It was luck that they never scored more, I'd not be happy with a performance like that again this season. We could have easily been trounced 3+ with a gutless showing. 

We picked up after the goal, and their heads dropped. Big Sam should have gone for the three points and brought an attacker on instead of Jagielka. 

Luck is when you shoot and it’s going a mile wide, and it hits a player and goes in. If you hit your shot wide, that’s not unlucky, that’s just a plain miss.

I know what your saying, but professional players aren’t taught like us. They are taught that if you shoot on target and it goes in... that’s not luck. If you shoot and miss the target, that’s not unlucky.

2 minutes ago, JoeQuince said:

Christ we are in the shit if Gana is our best midfielder Rooney did more in 40 minutes in midfield in the 2nd half than I've seen Gana do all season, can't believe you think Rooney never done fuck all he won us a point.