IGNORED

Richarlison

10 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Don’t worry Rafa is a disciplinarian and Doesn’t take shit from anyone he’ll Talk to him and handle it

He can be a disciplinarian all he wants, but what exactly is he going to do?

Stop him from going to the Olympics? He’ll be out of the door and then we need to find a replacement. Nightmare. 

The only real option is to let him go and cope without him while he’s gone. A lot of countries take the Olympics very seriously, Brazil is one of them. If he’s called up he’ll be going. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

He can be a disciplinarian all he wants, but what exactly is he going to do?

Stop him from going to the Olympics? He’ll be out of the door and then we need to find a replacement. Nightmare. 

The only real option is to let him go and cope without him while he’s gone. A lot of countries take the Olympics very seriously, Brazil is one of them. If he’s called up he’ll be going. 

you missed the 100% sarcasm.  i don't think he will do anything but people keep talking up hard man rafa

Not enough to play in Copa America? Wants to be a last minute replacement in Olympics too and is talking about arguing in order to get his own way?!

Mixed thoughts on this.  It's the Olympics and he wants to play for his country so I get that side 

On the other hand if he goes he will be missing for pre season where the new manager sets out his style and coaching.... He will need a break and won't have had the intense training/recovery process they go through.

My opinion is our squad isn't the fittest.  This is a disappointment..... Rafa ain't gonna be happy that his authority/control has been challenged.

I see him getting sold tbh.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Straight from the horses mouth. He’s going. 

As long as he comes back with a smile on his miserable 😩 mug and respects the club for his opportunity that’s fine by me. But if he comes back sulking with little commitment for his place in the team he can fuck off be sold or rot in the U23s for all I care. 

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

As long as he comes back with a smile on his miserable 😩 mug and respects the club for his opportunity that’s fine by me. But if he comes back sulking with little commitment for his place in the team he can fuck off be sold or rot in the U23s for all I care. 

He's shit the bed already for me.

Basically he's said the manager didn't want him to go but now he's going?!

Absolute dickhead.  Rafa probably identified him as a key player but now has to deal with a situation where he has to decide if it's a "show them who is boss" 

Pity. A real fucking pity. 

5 minutes ago, StevO said:

Why does it have to be like that?

Why can’t we accept he wants to represent his country in a major tournament? Yes, the Olympics means nothing to us in terms of football in this country, but to plenty of others it’s massive.

Messi was willing to take Barca to court to let him play in the Olympics. 

A player from the other side of the planet is never going to put Everton above his country. It doesn’t mean it’s a big fuck you to the club, it doesn’t mean he’s undermining his manager, it doesn’t mean he has to leave, it means he wants to play for his country and it also means that the club have sanctioned it. Regardless of whether it was an argument to get to that decision, they have sanctioned it nonetheless.

He doesn’t have to end up being a fucking enemy. 

I'm not saying he has to end up the enemy and he didn't have to make it appear as he has. 

Similar scenario to James going the Copa America before last game ..... Did he have to give it the private jet bollocks? No just go.   

If Rafa wanted Richarlison to stay and after having a debate about it allowed him to then that should be the end of it.   

why did Richarlison have to say he had argued with coach and now he's going???  That's basically saying "I get my own way".

He has publicly announced that he won an argument against his boss ....... Sorry but for me he's wrong in how he handled it. 

I expect him to be sold.   I didn't want him to be but fully understand if he is. 

6 minutes ago, StevO said:

Why does it have to be like that?

Why can’t we accept he wants to represent his country in a major tournament? Yes, the Olympics means nothing to us in terms of football in this country, but to plenty of others it’s massive.

Messi was willing to take Barca to court to let him play in the Olympics. 

A player from the other side of the planet is never going to put Everton above his country. It doesn’t mean it’s a big fuck you to the club, it doesn’t mean he’s undermining his manager, it doesn’t mean he has to leave, it means he wants to play for his country and it also means that the club have sanctioned it. Regardless of whether it was an argument to get to that decision, they have sanctioned it nonetheless.

He doesn’t have to end up being a fucking enemy. 

Exactly. 

I am happy the club have let him go. It is good management in my opinion. 

Of course it won't help us at the start of the season but neither will having a sulking player watching his mates pick up a medal wondering what could have been. 

I am not sure when the football tournament ends but the Olympics ends the week before the season starts. With a break and quarentine, I would expect that he would be ready to go after the international break. I just hope that the club have agreed with him and Brazil that he misses them games!

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

I'm not saying he has to end up the enemy and he didn't have to make it appear as he has. 

Similar scenario to James going the Copa America before last game ..... Did he have to give it the private jet bollocks? No just go.   

If Rafa wanted Richarlison to stay and after having a debate about it allowed him to then that should be the end of it.   

why did Richarlison have to say he had argued with coach and now he's going???  That's basically saying "I get my own way".

He has publicly announced that he won an argument against his boss ....... Sorry but for me he's wrong in how he handled it. 

I expect him to be sold.   I didn't want him to be but fully understand if he is. 

Why would you expect him to be sold over this? It makes no sense. 
I don’t understand why you’re so pissed off about it. I don’t understand why you’re pissed off about James on the private jet (rich man flys on private jet, no story). 

I literally don’t see why anyone would be pissed off about this other than because he’ll miss a few games for us. He’ll miss a whole lot more if he’s sold. 

Just now, StevO said:

Why would you expect him to be sold over this? It makes no sense. 
I don’t understand why you’re so pissed off about it. I don’t understand why you’re pissed off about James on the private jet (rich man flys on private jet, no story). 

I literally don’t see why anyone would be pissed off about this other than because he’ll miss a few games for us. He’ll miss a whole lot more if he’s sold. 

Are you scared of upsetting players? Because literally that's what Everton have become - a pandering "please don't be upset and leave us" club. ....... For what?  Players who get paid top whack to deliver fuck all? 

Wasn't arsed that James was on a private jet or a fucking dingy, completely missed the point - I was more arsed that he publicised that he was off to join his international teammates while the team that pays his wages were preparing to try and get into Europe in a last critical game. 

Appreciation of a players ability does not give them carte blanche ..... 

Miss a few games for us?   When do you plan on him having his pre season?  You do understand that playing football continuously does not constitute a pre season..... A pre season is a structured overload of their body with intense training and structured recovery to prevent injuries. 

It's a mess.  He was burned out the season we bought him around November time.  He has 10 days from end of Copa America to start of Olympics having played intensively since end of lock down.

16 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Exactly. 

I am happy the club have let him go. It is good management in my opinion. 

Of course it won't help us at the start of the season but neither will having a sulking player watching his mates pick up a medal wondering what could have been. 

I am not sure when the football tournament ends but the Olympics ends the week before the season starts. With a break and quarentine, I would expect that he would be ready to go after the international break. I just hope that the club have agreed with him and Brazil that he misses them games!

So he misses a break and pre season?  Just so he doesn't sulk 

Oh well I'm sure you can impart some pearls of wisdom as to why he looks leggy and has had repeated muscle strains come October. 

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

So he misses a break and pre season?  Just so he doesn't sulk 

Oh well I'm sure you can impart some pearls of wisdom as to why he looks leggy and has had repeated muscle strains come October. 

The main reason to let Richarlison play in the Olympics is because it is massively important to him and his personal development. It isnt just about not sulking but with all the good will in the world, no player in that situation will look fondly upon not being able to be a part of it. It isn't about pandering to a player, it is about doing what is right by him. How do you think the other players, in particular the young lads coming through, would feel about the club not letting him play in his last oppurtunity at an Olympics? It isn't going to impress many of his teammates that is for sure.

These lads at the World Cup arent going to be having a pre-season either. He won't be the only one missing, it is just that he will be out longer. Our manager and his proclaimed abiliy to reduce our injury problems and our heavily resourced sports science department should be capable of putting together a recovery plan in place for him to get him back in good shape. 

Another thing about Richarlison is that he is always working hard on the pitch and he is a great ambassador for the club. No doubt more people know about Everton just by him posting a picture of Neymar in an Everton shirt. We have enough turmoil going on at the moment without creating more negativity. Hopefully he can get a gold medal and a copa america win back to the club with him this summer and maybe, just maybe, some positivity. 

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The main reason to let Richarlison play in the Olympics is because it is massively important to him and his personal development. It isnt just about not sulking but with all the good will in the world, no player in that situation will look fondly upon not being able to be a part of it. It isn't about pandering to a player, it is about doing what is right by him. How do you think the other players, in particular the young lads coming through, would feel about the club not letting him play in his last oppurtunity at an Olympics? It isn't going to impress many of his teammates that is for sure.

These lads at the World Cup arent going to be having a pre-season either. He won't be the only one missing, it is just that he will be out longer. Our manager and his proclaimed abiliy to reduce our injury problems and our heavily resourced sports science department should be capable of putting together a recovery plan in place for him to get him back in good shape. 

Another thing about Richarlison is that he is always working hard on the pitch and he is a great ambassador for the club. No doubt more people know about Everton just by him posting a picture of Neymar in an Everton shirt. We have enough turmoil going on at the moment without creating more negativity. Hopefully he can get a gold medal and a copa america win back to the club with him this summer and maybe, just maybe, some positivity. 

World cup?  You mean the Euros?

Yes they will have a pre season. That's already out there and after a short break all players will be doing a preseason.

The Olympics starts 10 days after Copa America ends.  Starts 21 July and ends 7th August. 

The manager does understand about keeping players injury free which is why he didn't want him to go.

Im sure all the people critical of James McCarthy will happily chime in. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

He's shit the bed already for me.

Basically he's said the manager didn't want him to go but now he's going?!

Absolute dickhead.  Rafa probably identified him as a key player but now has to deal with a situation where he has to decide if it's a "show them who is boss" 

Pity. A real fucking pity. 

“I fought there, right? I was arguing all day with Everton, with the manager,” UOL report him saying to ESPN after the 1-0 win against Chile.

“I also called the new coach. It’s very important for me to get this experience, to get more maturity because it will be important for me.

I read this as he'd talked with Ancelotti and after Wednesday spoke to Rafa.

Romey posted this from the Echo on 23rd April.

Brazilian international Richarlison has set his sights on representing his country in both the Copa America and the Olympic Games.

The Copa America runs until early July but the Olympic football tournament does not finish until less than a week before the new Premier League season is due to start.

Carlo Ancelotti has made it clear that he does not want Richarlison to play in both tournaments and says conversations need to be had with Brazil and the forward.

Ancelotti said: "We have to talk about this with the Confederation, we have to talk about this with the player.

"I know for him how important the Copa America and the Olympics is, but he has to know how important the Premier League is for us and how important it is for the competition we play."

No problem with him going. Yeah, it sucks for us, but it’s his life and representing your country at the olympics is not something most people get to do. Huge honor and proud to know one of our players will be there. 

I hope he has a great tournament and comes back smiling ready to play. If he comes back sulking then it becomes a different conversation. 

27 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Yes they will have a pre season. That's already out there and after a short break all players will be doing a preseason.

The Olympics starts 10 days after Copa America ends.  Starts 21 July and ends 7th August. 

The manager does understand about keeping players injury free which is why he didn't want him to go.

I was, so I’ll chime in on this too. McCarthy’s problem was that he couldn’t stay healthy in the first place… not that he wanted to play for his country. Think most people had more of a problem with MON constantly calling him up when he already couldn’t stay fit for us at the time. 

59 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Of course I mean the Euros. 

They won't being doing a full pre-season as they never do after summer competitions. 

Richarlison will have his "pre-season" after the Olympics have finished and it will be up to the club to manage that properly. He won't need the fitness, he will need the mental break and then start learning Benitezs tactics. In the meantime, someone else has the chance to make his spot theirs. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Are you scared of upsetting players? Because literally that's what Everton have become - a pandering "please don't be upset and leave us" club. ....... For what?  Players who get paid top whack to deliver fuck all? 

Wasn't arsed that James was on a private jet or a fucking dingy, completely missed the point - I was more arsed that he publicised that he was off to join his international teammates while the team that pays his wages were preparing to try and get into Europe in a last critical game. 

Appreciation of a players ability does not give them carte blanche ..... 

Miss a few games for us?   When do you plan on him having his pre season?  You do understand that playing football continuously does not constitute a pre season..... A pre season is a structured overload of their body with intense training and structured recovery to prevent injuries. 

It's a mess.  He was burned out the season we bought him around November time.  He has 10 days from end of Copa America to start of Olympics having played intensively since end of lock down.

It’s not a case of upsetting players, you’re mad at players for doing things that the club has authorised. And it’s not about him leaving either. Regardless of which club Richarlison plays for he would be trying to go to the Olympics. As I previously said, even the best player in the world in Messi threatened to take Barcelona to court. It’s not Everton being bullied by a player, the same thing goes on at clubs all over the world. 

Im sure you want the club to be run like an army camp. It’s like you’re craving some sort of super strict discipline to come in at the club. It won’t happen. Football isn’t like that anymore. There will be five and take on both sides. 

Can see which player is going to be your whipping boy this season. 😂

Is it just me that thinks Haf is more annoyed that he has publicly announced that he argued with the manager and got his own way? I think that’s the point t really isn’t it.

This type of thing happens all the time in football. But agree or not…. It’s best not to tell the world about it.

Good luck to him in the Olympics though.

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Is it just me that thinks Haf is more annoyed that he has publicly announced that he argued with the manager and got his own way? I think that’s the point t really isn’t it.

This type of thing happens all the time in football. But agree or not…. It’s best not to tell the world about it.

Judging by the quote, the argument was with Ancellotti not Benitez as someone has posted above.

As with all quotes whilst the players are away on international duty, the translation could also take it out of context. 

Just now, Bailey said:

Judging by the quote, the argument was with Ancellotti not Benitez as someone has posted above.

As with all quotes whilst the players are away on international duty, the translation could also take it out of context. 

Course. Look at how the DCL quote was taken. 
I don’t think the language translation helps either.

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

I was, so I’ll chime in on this too. McCarthy’s problem was that he couldn’t stay healthy in the first place… not that he wanted to play for his country. Think most people had more of a problem with MON constantly calling him up when he already couldn’t stay fit for us at the time. 

And you honestly think that near 2 years of footy without preseason conditioning is going to help with injuries? Look at the volume of injuries through the league this season. 

He will absolutely get an injury - no question about it. 

34 minutes ago, StevO said:

It’s not a case of upsetting players, you’re mad at players for doing things that the club has authorised. And it’s not about him leaving either. Regardless of which club Richarlison plays for he would be trying to go to the Olympics. As I previously said, even the best player in the world in Messi threatened to take Barcelona to court. It’s not Everton being bullied by a player, the same thing goes on at clubs all over the world. 

Im sure you want the club to be run like an army camp. It’s like you’re craving some sort of super strict discipline to come in at the club. It won’t happen. Football isn’t like that anymore. There will be five and take on both sides. 

Can see which player is going to be your whipping boy this season. 😂

If Richarlison was the best player in the world and was holding us to ransom it becomes a totally different scenario.  Not that it's right - but the precedent had already been set with Messi at Barcelona - he has had influence over who plays until the Suarez incident with which Barca held all the aces due to his age and contract.

My main issue is that he is saying he "argued" with the manager and now he is going.  

Secondary to that is the fact that yes, he is gonna be goosed and likely to be injured. 

26 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Correct.