IGNORED

Richarlison

8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

When has siggy played on the left of a forward 3?

Just saying he lost his place and say on the bench like Traore, so he can’t be good enough for us...... didn't say anything about him Playing on the left of a front 3.

But for the record, doesn't he often play on the left? Not sure he plays anywhere else other than occasionally central. But anyway, point was Traore isn’t good enough because he’s on the bench, like Siggy.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Just saying he lost his place and say on the bench like Traore, so he can’t be good enough for us...... didn't say anything about him Playing on the left of a front 3.

But for the record, doesn't he often play on the left? Not sure he plays anywhere else other than occasionally central. But anyway, point was Traore isn’t good enough because he’s on the bench, like Siggy.

Sigurdsson isn't good enough for us though, so you are making MJB's point for him with that example :lol:.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Sigurdsson isn't good enough for us though, so you are making MJB's point for him with that example :lol:.

Exactly haha. Sigurdson Has the occasional ok game, but generally not good enough. 
Was more trying to get MJB to bite, he’s usually easier than this hahaha!

Oh wel, back to winding Palfy up!!!! Gana is great!!

13 hours ago, StevO said:

That’s extremely naive. 

great article below about City's transfers being not great.  in short, they have replaced worldies with average players but overspent doing so.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-city/story/4218136/man-citys-worst-start-under-guardiola-is-down-the-club-losing-their-touch-in-the-transfer-market

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

great article below about City's transfers being not great.  in short, they have replaced worldies with average players but overspent doing so.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-city/story/4218136/man-citys-worst-start-under-guardiola-is-down-the-club-losing-their-touch-in-the-transfer-market

Liverpools transfers have been arguably the best and they are interested in him. Klopp seriously rates him 

Aside that, transfers aren't an exact science.  Sometimes they just don't work out for whatever reason.

When clubs are recruiting youth nowadays - a player with the athletic potential of traore is going to get more chance than a diminutive skillful player. That's an absolute fact, whether it's right or not ..... The clubs invest a shitload in understanding what the best players looked like at a certain age.

Thierry Henry for example went to arsenal at 22/23 and broke out at a similar age to traore.... Both utilised primarily for their pace. Both can control a ball and have skill....... The end product is the bit that comes. Similar to what we see with DCL and what we seen with kane. 

10 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

But you thinking because United and City haven’t had great recruiting makes a link worth nothing is ridiculous. You might not have rated their transfers, but these clubs finished second and third in the league. They can’t be that bad. Not to mention that before the season just finished, City were the league champions. 

They might not have bought players you rate, but they aren’t doing so bad with them. 

The last journalists opinion on football I would take would be Mark Ogden, even less if it’s regarding City. The guy might as well have his old Trafford season ticket photographed in his Twitter banner. 

51 minutes ago, StevO said:

But you thinking because United and City haven’t had great recruiting makes a link worth nothing is ridiculous. You might not have rated their transfers, but these clubs finished second and third in the league. They can’t be that bad. Not to mention that before the season just finished, City were the league champions. 

They might not have bought players you rate, but they aren’t doing so bad with them. 

The last journalists opinion on football I would take would be Mark Ogden, even less if it’s regarding City. The guy might as well have his old Trafford season ticket photographed in his Twitter banner. 

He’s the fella that said he thought Moyes was a better option for us than Ancelotti and said he’d fancy Moyes to do a better job over 6 months.

He’s a clueless dickhead. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

I don’t care about the journalist slant the factual transfer fees and on field play which we all see is evident.  They backline is atrocious and their position in the table shows it.  That is the result of their recruitment, those were first choice players because city gets it first choices.  And they have gotten it wrong.  More times than right recently.  So a link with them isn’t a confirmation of ability.  That is my point.  United the same thing.  Liverpool you can’t fault so if they are truly linked I would say their could be a player there as their recruitment has as a whole been net positive.

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I don’t care about the journalist slant the factual transfer fees and on field play which we all see is evident.  They backline is atrocious and their position in the table shows it.  That is the result of their recruitment, those were first choice players because city gets it first choices.  And they have gotten it wrong.  More times than right recently.  So a link with them isn’t a confirmation of ability.  That is my point.  United the same thing.  Liverpool you can’t fault so if they are truly linked I would say their could be a player there as their recruitment has as a whole been net positive.

Finished second and third, don’t know what more you need. 

23 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Liverpools transfers have been arguably the best and they are interested in him. Klopp seriously rates him 

Aside that, transfers aren't an exact science.  Sometimes they just don't work out for whatever reason.

When clubs are recruiting youth nowadays - a player with the athletic potential of traore is going to get more chance than a diminutive skillful player. That's an absolute fact, whether it's right or not ..... The clubs invest a shitload in understanding what the best players looked like at a certain age.

Thierry Henry for example went to arsenal at 22/23 and broke out at a similar age to traore.... Both utilised primarily for their pace. Both can control a ball and have skill....... The end product is the bit that comes. Similar to what we see with DCL and what we seen with kane. 

I think the telling point is that Liverpool bought Jota instead, who in my opinion is a far more complete footballer.

There is no way Traore would fit in at Liverpool and I would be amazed if they had really considered buying him.

9 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think the telling point is that Liverpool bought Jota instead, who in my opinion is a far more complete footballer.

There is no way Traore would fit in at Liverpool and I would be amazed if they had really considered buying him.

If Adama traore was available for a fee up to £45m then I know who they would have got. FSG are being tight with coins.  Didn't Liverpool lose out on a fullback at Norwich for scrimping? 

16 hours ago, Hafnia said:

If Adama traore was available for a fee up to £45m then I know who they would have got. FSG are being tight with coins.  Didn't Liverpool lose out on a fullback at Norwich for scrimping? 

If Traore was going to be that important to them they would have bought him at that price. Just like they did with VVD and Alison. 

They wanted Jota because he fits and they bought him for what wasn't exactly a cheap price either. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

If Traore was going to be that important to them they would have bought him at that price. Just like they did with VVD and Alison. 

They wanted Jota because he fits and they bought him for what wasn't exactly a cheap price either. 

Jota is a rotation player, he's a sub tonight.   He will feature more than minamino.  

It's been widely reported klopp wants traore  .... He referred to him as unplayable and he's a huge fan.  Klopp had told Edwards he wanted him 

Liverpool have not been given the cash to spend which is why they never went in for Timo werner.... Klopp conceded that they weren't looking to sanction such bids with them losing as much money as they are.  

Jota is a tidy player who will give them strength in depth.  Traore is a turbo boost for an already dynamic front line. 

35 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Jota is a rotation player, he's a sub tonight.   He will feature more than minamino.  

It's been widely reported klopp wants traore  .... He referred to him as unplayable and he's a huge fan.  Klopp had told Edwards he wanted him 

Liverpool have not been given the cash to spend which is why they never went in for Timo werner.... Klopp conceded that they weren't looking to sanction such bids with them losing as much money as they are.  

Jota is a tidy player who will give them strength in depth.  Traore is a turbo boost for an already dynamic front line. 

Watching tonight’s game Jota will be replacing Firminio in the not so distant future. 

9 hours ago, StevO said:

On topic. 

We miss Richarlison so much, we lose so much threat without him. 

It would seem that way, but I’m of the same opinion as Ancelotti we have to show we can win with out him, we can’t get tagged as a one player team the onus is on every player to prove we are capable without Richarlison on the pitch. 

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

To be fair to Shaqiri, when he is fit he has done well coming off the bench for Liverpool.

I rated him at Stoke, but he wasn’t ever breaking into that Liverpool team and hardly played last season. He’s not the player he was two or three years ago. 
Traore could be a real option for any team with his pace. 

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

I rated him at Stoke, but he wasn’t ever breaking into that Liverpool team and hardly played last season. He’s not the player he was two or three years ago. 
Traore could be a real option for any team with his pace. 

I agree, but he’s to good a player to be playing in the reserves or sat on bench, he needs to get out of Anfield and find regular first team football he could offer so much to another team. 

• 2 weeks later...