IGNORED

Richarlison

15 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's one of the ones that has most benefited from us having a functional midfield. Where before the opposition could just gang up on him they now have to worry about other players of ours, giving him the space to cause havoc and he's taking full advantage of it.

Completely agree. Think of the times last season when they basically kicked lumps out of him to try and stop him knowing that they were stopping our only real threat. 

They can try and kick him now but if they do we have others that will take over and do the damage. 

32 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Completely agree. Think of the times last season when they basically kicked lumps out of him to try and stop him knowing that they were stopping our only real threat. 

They can try and kick him now but if they do we have others that will take over and do the damage. 

I spotted this in last 2 games... We are genuine threats to teams finishing with 11 men for 2 bookable fouls.  We buy Free kicks so well with players being quick footed.  

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope he's 110% fit and raring to go for the upcoming derby game. For me, he's the single most important player in our team right now: his energy, his commitment, his desire to succeed are infectious. It's no coincidence, I'm sure, that he no longer falls over and play-acts as he did last season. I'm sure the manager had a heart-to-heart with him about that.

11 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I really hope he's 110% fit and raring to go for the upcoming derby game. For me, he's the single most important player in our team right now: his energy, his commitment, his desire to succeed are infectious. It's no coincidence, I'm sure, that he no longer falls over and play-acts as he did last season. I'm sure the manager had a heart-to-heart with him about that.

I actually thought he was quite improved in terms of embellishing fouls even last year. Good sign of maturity.

Just now, Matt said:

:doh: 

The monopoly that lot have in media is fucking nuts. You'd actually think they were the only team to be on the end of bad challenges and bad decisions, and that they've never benefited from them at various times.

That club, and it's supporters, are the worst losers I have ever come across and it is enabled and perpetuated by the media.

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.football365.com/news/richarlison-everton-liverpool-red-card-twitter-thiago

I cannot believe an article has been written to have a go at him for apologising :lol:.

And while I'm at it, the article doesn't even mention the racist abuse he received. Can't criticise the best fans in the weeeeeeeerld I suppose.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

The monopoly that lot have in media is fucking nuts. You'd actually think they were the only team to be on the end of bad challenges and bad decisions, and that they've never benefited from them at various times.

That club, and it's supporters, are the worst losers I have ever come across and it is enabled and perpetuated by the media.

The media is a joke only showing the angles that make it look like a horror tackle. Look at it from the other angle and it might only be a yellow. He's won the ball and his momentum takes him.

When I saw that the crash was going to happen, I picked up my foot and hit him with my knee in the pass, which was inevitable due to the speed of the play.

Screenshot-20201020-154044.png

This is the image the papers should be using rather than make him out to be a leg breaker. He's pulled out and they've clashed. I've seen yellows given for it, other way round and it would have been no doubt. 

Also the free kick the ref gave against Mina for climbing just before the Richarlison foul is exactly the same as the one he never gave against TAA in the build up for their first. Why aren't the papers asking for retrospective bans for Mane for intentional trip in retaliation for Mina winning the header or Robertson one in earlier in the game?

We might have played poorly but without referee decisions we'd have won that game. Not that you'd know it from the media reaction.

49 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Screenshot-20201020-154044.png

This is the image the papers should be using rather than make him out to be a leg breaker. He's pulled out and they've clashed. I've seen yellows given for it, other way round and it would have been no doubt. 

Also the free kick the ref gave against Mina for climbing just before the Richarlison foul is exactly the same as the one he never gave against TAA in the build up for their first. Why aren't the papers asking for retrospective bans for Mane for intentional trip in retaliation for Mina winning the header or Robertson one in earlier in the game?

We might have played poorly but without referee decisions we'd have won that game. Not that you'd know it from the media reaction.

I agree with all of that, apart from us playing poorly. You don’t get a 2-2 draw against them without some sort of decent performance, not at our best, but I don’t think we were poor. 

31 minutes ago, StevO said:

I agree with all of that, apart from us playing poorly. You don’t get a 2-2 draw against them without some sort of decent performance, not at our best, but I don’t think we were poor. 

We didn't play poorly at all. Granted, we didn't play as well as we have this season but it was nowhere near a poor performance.