IGNORED

Richarlison

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

Screenshot-20201020-154044.png

This is the image the papers should be using rather than make him out to be a leg breaker. He's pulled out and they've clashed. I've seen yellows given for it, other way round and it would have been no doubt. 

Also the free kick the ref gave against Mina for climbing just before the Richarlison foul is exactly the same as the one he never gave against TAA in the build up for their first. Why aren't the papers asking for retrospective bans for Mane for intentional trip in retaliation for Mina winning the header or Robertson one in earlier in the game?

We might have played poorly but without referee decisions we'd have won that game. Not that you'd know it from the media reaction.

Mane and Robertson both kicked out with intent. Our players put in 2 hard challenges with no intent what so ever to hurt anyone.

58 minutes ago, MC11 said:

His work rate and constant pressure on the opposition was missed today. He’s without doubt our most crucial player. 

I honestly think he is our best player. He forces teams to sit back as they know with him, we are dangerous on the break.

He does so much work defensively as well.

We are just going to have to go into survival mode without him.

45 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I honestly think he is our best player. He forces teams to sit back as they know with him, we are dangerous on the break.

He does so much work defensively as well.

We are just going to have to go into survival mode without him.

Agreed. Guttered we’ve lost our whole left side now.

22 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

The tackle and sending off could prove to be very costly for us, needs to take that rash part of his game out.

Adam Smith milked it for headbutt last year. This one was a derby full blooded tackle.

It happens but I don’t think we should be criticising Richarlison for showing heart and some desire when we’ve had so many players go through the motions the last few years. 

The reason Richarlison is so good for us is cos he has the fight in him to do the odd daft thing ..... Take that away and you are left with a Gylfi/Gomes/Iwobi ..... They go missing for more than 3 games at a time 

It's the clubs job to get a player in who can rotate with our front 3.  It's why I was keen on Zaha.... Not a patch on richy off the ball but on it he is good.....

Adama traore the other option for me. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

The reason Richarlison is so good for us is cos he has the fight in him to do the odd daft thing ..... Take that away and you are left with a Gylfi/Gomes/Iwobi ..... They go missing for more than 3 games at a time 

It's the clubs job to get a player in who can rotate with our front 3.  It's why I was keen on Zaha.... Not a patch on richy off the ball but on it he is good.....

Adama traore the other option for me. 

Completely agree with you on points one and two but I am still not convinced by Traore. He certainly has his moments and he is a beast physically but I wouldn't call him a "good footballer". Nuno has done really well with him to get some final product but up until last season it was sorely lacking and what I have seen this season he looks like he has gone back to being that same player again.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Completely agree with you on points one and two but I am still not convinced by Traore. He certainly has his moments and he is a beast physically but I wouldn't call him a "good footballer". Nuno has done really well with him to get some final product but up until last season it was sorely lacking and what I have seen this season he looks like he has gone back to being that same player again.

Traore is very raw... But that pace and strength is ridiculous, just having him on the pitch makes the opposition shit themselves ... Especially when you have James able to pick holes for him to run into. 

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

Pretty sure that Traore was the lad at Middlesbrough that Tony Pulis played on whatever wing was closest to the dugout so that he could talk him through each game. 

Seems to be a great bodybuilder, with a decent bit of pace but not an outstanding footballer. Besides the "beast mode" videos you see littered across social media I'm yet to see anything of footballing quality to make me look up and applaud. 

In a nutshell, a very expensive Akinfenwa.

27 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Traore does what Bernard should do. I would swap him any day. 
Problem is no manager in their right mind would give us Traore and take Bernard.

Traore is an out and out winger, Bernard is more a Pienaar LM but would be better centrally in my opinion. Can’t compare the two

15 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

no thanks on traore, i want a footballer not an athlete.  

Its an interesting one really isn't it.

If I was to turn around and say "power and pace takes away the need to be a good footballer"..... People could point to numerous posts about our former Belgian striker and laugh at me. Rightly so.

For me it's a case of traore is so far quicker and stronger than any players out there that it's a weapon that means opponents have to change.  If he is on the pitch then teams need a deep defensive line.... When James is on the pitch that is going to play into his hands. It stops teams commiting full backs to attacks....

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

If I was to turn around and say "power and pace takes away the need to be a good footballer"..... People could point to numerous posts about our former Belgian striker and laugh at me. Rightly so.

For me it's a case of traore is so far quicker and stronger than any players out there that it's a weapon that means opponents have to change.  If he is on the pitch then teams need a deep defensive line.... When James is on the pitch that is going to play into his hands. It stops teams commiting full backs to attacks....

Whilst I don't like the player, I completely agree. I would also add that the certain player you referred to was a lot more than power and pace and you know it, but I won't go any further with that.

Traore playing definitely changes how the opposition players react. I imagine the first reaction when he comes close to you is to panic even if he does end up tackling himself!

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

If he can’t cross and link up well (he can’t) then it’s useless.  That’s the issue.  He’s a Bigger stronger Walcott and he was awful

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

Whilst I don't like the player, I completely agree. I would also add that the certain player you referred to was a lot more than power and pace and you know it, but I won't go any further with that.

Traore playing definitely changes how the opposition players react. I imagine the first reaction when he comes close to you is to panic even if he does end up tackling himself!

Yeah the other player could finish but in terms of pace and power I would say he's far behind traore, traore has balance... He is literally like an NFL running back.  His centre of gravity and momentum literally makes him a player you can't knock off the ball. 

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

If he can’t cross and link up well (he can’t) then it’s useless.  That’s the issue.  He’s a Bigger stronger Walcott and he was awful

He's far better than Walcott... he's still being judged by his Middlesbrough and villa performances.... 

I've seen him cross a ball very well with both feet. He's learned a few tricks.

Reality is that Liverpool, Man United and Man City are looking at him with wolves rumoured to be looking for £90m 

9 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He's far better than Walcott... he's still being judged by his Middlesbrough and villa performances.... 

Reality is that Liverpool, Man United and Man City are looking at him with wolves rumoured to be looking for £90m 

Barca too no?

59 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

city and united have been awful in recruitment that last few years, so a link with them means absolutely nothing.