IGNORED

Richarlison

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

They are generally capped at U-23's however I think it might be extended to include 24yo's this year because of the pandemic.

I think they can pick a limited number of over 23's but I'm not sure how many.

That's bizarre. Are any other events age restricted?

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

That's bizarre. Are any other events age restricted?

No that I know of but it is possible. If I remember rightly it gets agreed by the international sports body rather than the Olympic organisers themselves. I think it probably has something to do with the professionalism of football and the established and regular competitions international competitions that happen every 2 years (i.e. Euros and WC). It used to be amateur only but a lot has changed since and I suspect that this will be something that evolves over time.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

I think I heard it was four.

Would sound about right. Its going to be a fairly small number. I am not sure how many sides pick players above that age but I doubt it will be many for the bigger countries such as Brazil.

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I think I heard it was four.

Actually checking it it was three at Rio, and minimally two at London 2012 because Craig Bellamy and Ryan Giggs were in the GB squad. So doesn't seem the rules this year are due to Covid, it's just normal service.

• 2 weeks later...

His team ethic has been disgraceful this season. Playing for himself game after game. Shooting from tight angles instead of hitting it across the face of goal, holding onto the ball in hope of finding himself in a better position rather than playing someone through. 

I'd really like Carlo to drop him these last two games as I believe that's the only was to get through to him. Nothing left to play for is there so we can't lose much. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's just not very good. If any club is stupid enough to bid over £50m for him then grab that opportunity with both hands and run with it.

I can’t see anyone bidding for him. He would have to have a massive season next year 25+ goals/assists and if so we would all be screaming to keep him. Technically very average but could/should have doubled his goal scoring tally this year