IGNORED

Richarlison

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'd be over the moon to get a proper winger. Richarlison is nowhere near being a winger, he's actually awful at going past people.

To be honest, I've never been sold on him in any capacity really. I don't think he's that good at all.

Yet until recently if he did not play we did not win.

He is out of form, clearly and the lack of back up is a major problem, but he is a quality player.

We need a winger who can play left or right wing in the transfer market, as well as a right back and a back up striker.

4 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Yet until recently if he did not play we did not win.

He is out of form, clearly and the lack of back up is a major problem, but he is a quality player.

We need a winger who can play left or right wing in the transfer market, as well as a right back and a back up striker.

I know, which has always made me give him the benefit of the doubt because there must be something there but I just don’t see it! Out wide just isn’t a position he has the qualities for IMO, and he’s not good enough as a lone striker to make that spot his own either.

I’ve said it before but if we could get big money for him I’d sell him and invest that money in 2 or 3 other players. 

Richy needs to be careful that he doesn't end up next season being the 'impact' bench player, we talk about needing. 

On present form you'd say he needs replacing in the starting 11, but we know he does have it in him to make a massive difference in a game.

It's obviose watching the clearout that bringing quality players across the front will be the priority next summer. 

I am optomistic that next year there will be some quality competition along the front line and Richy will need consistency to his game to remain a starter.

I am happy to see Richy in the starting line up when he is on form, but if not a player with his qualities come off the bench would also be welcome. 

Some decent competition will do him the world of good as well. 

16 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Richy needs to be careful that he doesn't end up next season being the 'impact' bench player, we talk about needing. 

On present form you'd say he needs replacing in the starting 11, but we know he does have it in him to make a massive difference in a game.

It's obviose watching the clearout that bringing quality players across the front will be the priority next summer. 

I am optomistic that next year there will be some quality competition along the front line and Richy will need consistency to his game to remain a starter.

I am happy to see Richy in the starting line up when he is on form, but if not a player with his qualities come off the bench would also be welcome. 

Some decent competition will do him the world of good as well. 

If what he said in the summer is true he won't be an Everton player next season.

If we actually had a squad we'd be able to take him out of the team now while he's in terrible form. But we can't because we don't have a squad, so we're running him into the ground in the hope he finds form again and we're suffering for it. The same goes for DCL - he's offering pretty much nothing and has done for a good while now and should have been benched.

Previous regimes really have a lot to answer for in regards to the situation we find ourselves in due to gross mismanagement. That has meant we can't now go out and spend money this window to take advantage of a good start to the season (no funds according to Brands). I think there's a very real chance that we'll fall away badly in the second half of the season (unless we get very lucky with form, injuries and suspensions) and end up in mid-table nothingness again.

24 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If what he said in the summer is true he won't be an Everton player next season.

If we actually had a squad we'd be able to take him out of the team now while he's in terrible form. But we can't because we don't have a squad, so we're running him into the ground in the hope he finds form again and we're suffering for it. The same goes for DCL - he's offering pretty much nothing and has done for a good while now and should have been benched.

Previous regimes really have a lot to answer for in regards to the situation we find ourselves in due to gross mismanagement. That has meant we can't now go out and spend money this window to take advantage of a good start to the season (no funds according to Brands). I think there's a very real chance that we'll fall away badly in the second half of the season (unless we get very lucky with form, injuries and suspensions) and end up in mid-table nothingness again.

I am pretty sure Richy will not be high on Europes elite clubs shopping list this summer if he remains at his current form. 

4 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I am pretty sure Richy will not be high on Europes elite clubs shopping list this summer if he remains at his current form. 

I dont know. He was crap in the second half of the season and we still paid £25m for him. I am pretty sure someone will pay at least double that for him in the summer.

Going back to his best position, it definitely isn't wide. I agree with previous comments that he probably isn't good enough on his own up front, but at the same time he has probably played a handful of games in that position his whole career. Look how long it has taken Dom. 

Richie is above all else a goalscorer. He makes lots of runs, he gets through a lot of work. He can make something out of nothing. He isn't a particularly good dribbler, he isn't a great crosser of the ball either. 

20 hours ago, c1982 said:

We’re desperate for a Harvey Barnes type player - fearless and direct - someone who will actually run at defenders. If this happens, I’d like to see Richarlison get more opportunities as a number 9. We’d have to be less direct but I don’t think taking DCL out for the odd game would be a bad thing.

Bar the good bit of play by Barnes for the goal, all he has done since in this game is run into dead ends. Very Richarlison-esque! 😂

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Almost as important as the 3 pts against west brom. Richarlison and James conmebol qualifiers suspended. HUGE deal for us!!

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-fifa/story/4330687/conmebol-suspends-march-world-cup-qualifiers-after-clubs-refusal-to-release-players

Some of the international scheduling has been ridiculous this season. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

Difficult this one, given his loyalty and pride playing for his country.

I think we have to let him go. We certainly have to let him play in the Olympics because that will be his last chance to play in it and they have a realistic chance of winning.