IGNORED

Richarlison

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Carlo Ancelotti eased fears after the game by stating the Brazilian should be fit to face Tottenham in five days time.”

yeah i think he just wanted a rest, he wasn't really injured.  he gets beat up a lot, and credit to him he's been doing less play acting.  but this was just a knock.  

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

Also second highest Brazilian goal scorer, second to Neymar

if it weren't for COVID i think he would be gone this summer.  Barca and Man U were after him he admitted it, but decided to stay in january.  COVID has ruined Barca's finances and held back others.  We may be able to keep Richy for another year, but the clock will be ticking when he's sold for 100m+.  I've resigned myself to it sadly.

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

if it weren't for COVID i think he would be gone this summer.  Barca and Man U were after him he admitted it, but decided to stay in january.  COVID has ruined Barca's finances and held back others.  We may be able to keep Richy for another year, but the clock will be ticking when he's sold for 100m+.  I've resigned myself to it sadly.

If he’s worth 100m+ and the board could get it, no one would stand in his way. 
He’s good but not that good. 

I don’t think so. Look who he has to mentor him, look how he acts around the club. I think he’s settled. If we don’t qualify for Europe next season I can maybe see him looking elsewhere but don’t see it any time soon 

He decided to stay? 

Lets not forget one massive problem here. It’s not his choice and he has a long contract. 

I agree we’ll lose him eventually, but it will be for silly money at that point. 

46 minutes ago, StevO said:

He decided to stay? 

Lets not forget one massive problem here. It’s not his choice and he has a long contract. 

I agree we’ll lose him eventually, but it will be for silly money at that point. 

it is ste, always is.  all he has to do is throw a fit and put in a transfer request and his agent leaks it to the press.  then it is over.  happens all the time.  

26 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

it is ste, always is.  all he has to do is throw a fit and put in a transfer request and his agent leaks it to the press.  then it is over.  happens all the time.  

It does happen, but transfer requests also get refused and if the player is a professional, he’ll keep putting the effort in. Then there’s also this little line which makes me think he’s not in a rush:

”Of course you feel impacted, Barcelona is one of the greatest clubs in the world, but I think happiness plays its part as well," he added

2 hours ago, Matt said:

It does happen, but transfer requests also get refused and if the player is a professional, he’ll keep putting the effort in. Then there’s also this little line which makes me think he’s not in a rush:

”Of course you feel impacted, Barcelona is one of the greatest clubs in the world, but I think happiness plays its part as well," he added

Oh I don’t think he would be the one, it would be Barca just like they do with everyone.  The media campaigns they run to unsettle are legendary.   

as for fee I believe it was 90m when Barca was linked, not sure why it could hit over 100m, he’s still very young and growing and has a great attitude and life off the pitch.  

8 hours ago, Palfy said:

1) Because no ones going to offer us 100m+.
2) Or he will leave on a free.

They will, definitely now you say they won’t! 

Offered 80m before the benefit of Carlo’s coaching, and you think he won’t get better?  I think it’s pretty nailed on he will improve.

If no one does offer that sort of cash, then I win.

39 minutes ago, Shukes said:

They will, definitely now you say they won’t! 

Offered 80m before the benefit of Carlo’s coaching, and you think he won’t get better?  I think it’s pretty nailed on he will improve.

If no one does offer that sort of cash, then I win.

If they do I will bow down to your superior judgment, I didn’t Know Barca had already tabled an offer of 80m. 
Any how I’m in a good mood at the moment, I have just had 20 minute makeover it cost me £15.00 and I look and feel 10 years younger, it was called a haircut, first one in nearly 4 months I’d nearly forgotten what one was, so please don’t spoil this momentous feeling of euphoria, by squabbling with me over 20-30m 😀

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

A what cut? I think the missus tried that with me, but it went badly wrong haha. Can’t wait to visit a real one.

But just to try and spoil your mood... I didn’t mention a bid from Barca 😉 you came up with that one yourself. 🎣 

What was the 80m about you mentioned, still in a good mood 😄 

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

What’s Shukes on about then, is he winding me up?

No but you can read just as easy as I can... I think.

like anything mate, none of us know the facts, we just go on what we read, and you read that Barca offered 80m. You already know that, just trying the usual twist.... with the wrong person haha.

Do you honestly think he won’t reach the 100m mark? Not arguing the point with you, just asking your honest opinion. It gets clouded when your in convo with me haha.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

No but you can read just as easy as I can... I think.

like anything mate, none of us know the facts, we just go on what we read, and you read that Barca offered 80m. You already know that, just trying the usual twist.... with the wrong person haha.

Do you honestly think he won’t reach the 100m mark? Not arguing the point with you, just asking your honest opinion. It gets clouded when your in convo with me haha.

At this moment in time I would say no more like 60-70 at present.  
Could he reach 100m anything is possible, but for me he has a lot to do to get there, especially his consistency he looks the pick of the bunch in a team that isn’t filled with quality players, take him to somewhere like Barca and he doesn’t get in the team, he’s not at that level yet they buy good prospects for reasonable money in the hope they become world class, but knowing after a couple of years they can get their money back if they don’t make it to the first team. 
Look at Gomes and Digne first on the team sheet here but couldn’t get a look in at Barca. 
We will put a valuation on him to try and put teams off from making an approach because for a few years now we have gone from being a selling team, but if the right team comes in for him and turns his head, like Stones Lukaku and Gana he will be gone and it won’t be for 100m imo. 
Like any player playing for us if we as a team don’t improve and give them the stage they want to play on, we will lose him and a couple of others who feel they should be playing on the biggest stage in world.  

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/12034887/carlo-ancelotti-exclusive-everton-manager-challenges-richarlison-to-reach-30-goal-mark-next-season

If he manages that (and the season after) then I'll be thinking a big fee is possible for him (if we sell).

If he manages that we might see a trophy and European football. 

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Richarlison is the best headerer of the ball we've had since Cahill... and he could be technically better than him.... superb ability to judge flight and direction.  

He’s certainly worked on it, when he first arrived he had a 50p head!