IGNORED

Richarlison

2 hours ago, nogs said:

If Barca have come in for him, then let's face it his head will have been turned. We'd be mad to sell now but it will be one to watch in the summer. Sadly given the lack of activity this window I think we're also in a position where we need to sell to buy. 

They will have Suarez  back in Summer and Richy is not in the same class.

12 hours ago, Hafnia said:

You don't bring in a manager who is experienced in managing elite level players at the highest level and sell one of your only elite level players and leave him with £80m to try and convince elite level players to sign and join the abundance of mercenaries we've got stinking our club out.

If we wanna raise £80m then sell pickford, schneiderlein, Walcott, niasse, gylfi, Keane and You will find you free up £25m a year in wages too. 

I say pickford because  we could sell him and replace for alot less and get a more emotionally reliable keeper.  The only reason to keep him is shot stopping..... and it ain't great enough to exclude his shortfalls in other areas. 

Nailed it. 

50 minutes ago, Matt said:

He’s worth double that in this market. He’s a very good keeper and there aren’t any that we could attract that would be of the same quality let alone improve on

I like pickford - he makes some crucial stops. I like a bit of arrogance in my players as well but his is misplaced - his kicking is the most over hyped asset to his game and he would actually benefit from being brought down to ground on it. How many times has he punted the fuck out of the ball for it to once bounce into the other keepers box and it’s almost like he does it just because he can and he thinks it makes him look big.

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

He may be worth £40m in this crazy market......  the reality is he's not worth near that IMO.  Too much of a liability. 

He’s worth 90m at least.  He’s English so add the premium to the fee.  Still young too.  If he was at United or Chelsea they would be singing his praises.  I’d be fine selling him.  There are a plethora of decent shot stoppers now.  I don’t see much difference between Tim Howard and Pickford.  Worldly saves one week, laughable goal the next.  

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

He’s worth 90m at least.  He’s English so add the premium to the fee.  Still young too.  If he was at United or Chelsea they would be singing his praises.  I’d be fine selling him.  There are a plethora of decent shot stoppers now.  I don’t see much difference between Tim Howard and Pickford.  Worldly saves one week, laughable goal the next.  

The difference is that Tim was a leader on and off the pitch.

4 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

The difference is that Tim was a leader on and off the pitch.

When Tim Howard was 24/25 he was no leader and looked like a pile of shite at Manchester United.

Pickford has his problems, of course he does, but he's still a relative baby for a GK. He gets treated quite harshly by our fans if you ask me.

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

So would Klaassen, we’ve had some good players here who didn’t get fair chance and looked lacking because of poor managers. 

Klaasen could not handle the physicality and speed of the Prem league, end of. He's now plying his trade for a bottom 3 Bundesliga club and gets nowhere near the Dutch side. Why would he be good enough for us? 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

The point is that there was no £80m bid to have a player as cover.

I didn't say there was an £80m bid. I said 'looking to spend' which is an entirely different thing altogether 😉 and accurate or not, it's what has been reported in relation to several players. 

My point being, if Barca did actually like the look of Richarlison (and who knows really?), they wouldn't change their mind just because Suarez returns to fitness. 

8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

14 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

If the truly shite Kepa was bought for close to £80m then he’s easy worth that. 

Not sure he's worth £80/£90m on the basis that another hyped keeper but failed was bought for that amount.

Kepa had an unblemished record which earned him that "gambled value".... he's worth half of that not at a push.

Pickford IMO doesn't offer enough value, his command of his area is poor... from set pieces he is poor.... shot stopping great but that's not enough. 

Looking at the £80m keepers. 

De Gea was better bar his kicking but he's been out of form the last 2 seasons. 

Ederson is better at passing and sweeping but not as good at shot stopping. 

No idea how good Alisson is as he's hardly ever worked. 

Kepa... No need to even make an argument. 

Add that Pickford would have an English premium and I see no reason for him to be any cheaper. He's young so it's 10 years you don't need to look for a replacement. Think if any of the teams above us lost their keeper they'd happily pay it. 

12 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Looking at the £80m keepers. 

De Gea was better bar his kicking but he's been out of form the last 2 seasons. 

Ederson is better at passing and sweeping but not as good at shot stopping. 

No idea how good Alisson is as he's hardly ever worked. 

Kepa... No need to even make an argument. 

Add that Pickford would have an English premium and I see no reason for him to be any cheaper. He's young so it's 10 years you don't need to look for a replacement. Think if any of the teams above us lost their keeper they'd happily pay it. 

De Gea makes far more howlers than Pickford and his command of his area is far worse. He is the softest keeper in the league! 

I think the two Brazilians are the best keepers in the league. Pickford, Leno and De Gea in the rung below maybe with Patricio and then the rest from there. 

Im sure there are some keepers abroad who we could buy for less than we could sell Pickford for but I can't name them!  

On 31/01/2020 at 14:14, Bailey said:

De Gea makes far more howlers than Pickford and his command of his area is far worse. He is the softest keeper in the league! 

I think the two Brazilians are the best keepers in the league. Pickford, Leno and De Gea in the rung below maybe with Patricio and then the rest from there. 

Im sure there are some keepers abroad who we could buy for less than we could sell Pickford for but I can't name them!  

I'm definitely of the thinking that if we can sell pickford for £40m or so them get it done.....  

On 01/02/2020 at 00:14, Bailey said:

Dubravka from Newcastle 

Schmicheal from Leicester 

Matty Ryan Brighton

All very, very good keepers.

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

And if Pickford is as bad as some say then how do they value him it at 40 million, and if his value is 40 million then that would make him one of the top keepers in the world so why sell him if you can’t improve on him. 

You’d get a lot more than £40m as well.

Dubravka and Ryan are nowhere near as good. I don’t know why anyone would advocate downgrading a position. A position that we’re currently very strong in. Plus, in my opinion Pickford is only going to get better.

Im a big fan of his. 

21 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Ancelotti will have the measure of young Jordan so unless he/Brands have someone better in mind, he's staying.

Well said, a good voice of reason there.

18 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I'm definitely of the thinking that if we can sell pickford for £40m or so them get it done.....  

Might as well let someone have him for free, that’s ridiculously cheap IMO