IGNORED

Richarlison

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Dubravka is not even close to Pickfords league. 

Schmicheal isn’t leaving Leicester, and if he did it isn’t to go to Everton. 

Ryan? Replace Pickford with Ryan?

Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, United, none of them would even come close to picking up Dubravka or Ryan. These are the clubs we need to compete with, and none of them have particularly strong keepers anymore.

Anyone with an issue with Pickford remember when we replaced Howard with Robles, and then Stek? We have a very very good goalkeeper as it is. Hes not throwing balls in every week, we don’t concede a lot of goals, yeah he’s got a personality! Why is that so bad? He makes saves, and plenty of them. 

Every single transfer you make is a risk, and plenty of them don’t pay off. We all moan on here enough about the ones that didn’t pay off. But where is more important on the pitch for minimal risk than the goalkeeper? We sell Pickford and bring in Edison it could still not work, but we aren’t even talking about replacing him with a top keeper. We’re talking about replacing him with keepers who have had average careers so far, but MIGHT be better if we buy them. 

Better the devil you know, but the devil we know isn’t that bad. He’s actually pretty fucking good!

Thank you for saving me the time in writing the reply!

7 hours ago, StevO said:

Dubravka is not even close to Pickfords league. 

Schmicheal isn’t leaving Leicester, and if he did it isn’t to go to Everton. 

Ryan? Replace Pickford with Ryan?

Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, United, none of them would even come close to picking up Dubravka or Ryan. These are the clubs we need to compete with, and none of them have particularly strong keepers anymore.

Anyone with an issue with Pickford remember when we replaced Howard with Robles, and then Stek? We have a very very good goalkeeper as it is. Hes not throwing balls in every week, we don’t concede a lot of goals, yeah he’s got a personality! Why is that so bad? He makes saves, and plenty of them. 

Every single transfer you make is a risk, and plenty of them don’t pay off. We all moan on here enough about the ones that didn’t pay off. But where is more important on the pitch for minimal risk than the goalkeeper? We sell Pickford and bring in Edison it could still not work, but we aren’t even talking about replacing him with a top keeper. We’re talking about replacing him with keepers who have had average careers so far, but MIGHT be better if we buy them. 

Better the devil you know, but the devil we know isn’t that bad. He’s actually pretty fucking good!

I’ve added 3 keepers to the list of players suggested to be in the group under the top keepers. Have you actually watched Dubravka? And Matty Ryan? 

I never once said about replacing pickford with anyone of them so I don’t know why you’ve run off on that.

Schmichael is better than pickford - regards of if he would leave Leicester is irrelevant.

I believe Matty Ryan to he just as good but plays behind a worse team. Dubravka has been immense for Newcastle.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

You’d get a lot more than £40m as well.

Dubravka and Ryan are nowhere near as good. I don’t know why anyone would advocate downgrading a position. A position that we’re currently very strong in. Plus, in my opinion Pickford is only going to get better.

Im a big fan of his. 

Pickford still has huge potential don’t get me wrong. I just believe his game is being held back by his ego right now. He has the kind of arrogance that a winner has but he is channeling it in the wrong way.

56 minutes ago, Btay said:

I’ve added 3 keepers to the list of players suggested to be in the group under the top keepers. Have you actually watched Dubravka? And Matty Ryan? 

I never once said about replacing pickford with anyone of them so I don’t know why you’ve run off on that.

Schmichael is better than pickford - regards of if he would leave Leicester is irrelevant.

I believe Matty Ryan to he just as good but plays behind a worse team. Dubravka has been immense for Newcastle.

This isn’t a thread about who are great keepers though. It’s turned into a conversation about replacing Pickford or not. Then Bailey said he’s sure there are keepers abroad who could be bought for less than Pickford, but he couldn’t name them. 
You responded with your list of these three. Looked like it was a suggestion that these three could replace him. I’m sure it wasn’t only me who took it like that. 
If that wasn’t your suggestion I don’t understand what you were suggesting it for. 

I have seen both Dubravka and Ryan, neither look anything special to me. Both certainly don’t look to be anywhere near as good as Pickford. And if the club thought either could replace him I’d have serious concerns. 
Dubravka is 31, Ryan 27, there is a reason that they both haven’t made it to any bigger clubs. They aren’t good enough. 

I don’t doubt how good a keeper Schmichael is, not at all, he’s a great keeper. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

This isn’t a thread about who are great keepers though. It’s turned into a conversation about replacing Pickford or not. Then Bailey said he’s sure there are keepers abroad who could be bought for less than Pickford, but he couldn’t name them. 
You responded with your list of these three. Looked like it was a suggestion that these three could replace him. I’m sure it wasn’t only me who took it like that. 
If that wasn’t your suggestion I don’t understand what you were suggesting it for. 

I have seen both Dubravka and Ryan, neither look anything special to me. Both certainly don’t look to be anywhere near as good as Pickford. And if the club thought either could replace him I’d have serious concerns. 
Dubravka is 31, Ryan 27, there is a reason that they both haven’t made it to any bigger clubs. They aren’t good enough. 

I don’t doubt how good a keeper Schmichael is, not at all, he’s a great keeper. 

Merely making a point of the keepers I believe in the league to be the same level as pickford and co that were suggested to be under the 2 Brazilians. 

I do agree however that this thread has gone massively off course.

16 hours ago, Btay said:

The only one I haven't seen a lot of is Ryan but Schmeichel is solid but very hesitent and poor on the ball. Dubravka mixes a good save with a mistake. He started so well but now it's becoming more and more regular. He looks better than he is because he is kept busy IMO. In a good side it would be far more notable. 

1 hour ago, badaids said:

I can’t believe this, we’ve got one of the best keepers in the league, maybe the world. Far from perfect, makes some errors and is probably a bit of a tit, but he’s young and will improve. He’s also the only player to play with any consistency over the last 3 seasons and has got us out the shit on countless occasion in that time. Best keeper we’ve had since Big Nev.  But yes sack him off and let’s sign Matt Ryan.

Who Richarlison? 

Only caught the first half and went on twitter to see the goals. What a fantastic goal from Richy today and a great header for Doms too. 

As soon as I saw it all I could think of was the big boys being in for him in the summer. If he could score as many as he is but make them look a bit shitter that would be great. 

Pretty funny to re-read some of the posts on the first page of this thread with the benefit of hindsight (not that I'm blaming anyone for their first reaction to this signing, because I doubt anyone predicted just how good a buy he'd turn out to be). 

I remember when we signed Richie, the media never missed an opportunity to say we'd bought "£50 million Richarlison from Watford" (even though the initial outlay was 35 million), trying to make us out to be mugs. I remember every opposition fan board I checked was laughing at us too. 

Well, 18 months on and United's main fan site has a thread calling for their board to try and sign him.   

11 hours ago, Isaiah said:

Well, 18 months on and United's main fan site has a thread calling for their board to try and sign him.   

10 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Think city will be all over him. Just the player they need up front 

Are you expecting us to loose him in the next window? Bloody hope not, hopefully he will see the sense of being at a settled team under Carlo, after 1 season at Watford and the shit storm of his first 18 months here

He's come on shitloads recently. I've never been all that enamoured with him, right from when we signed him and it didn't improve all that much while I got to see him up close. But he's red hot at the minute and is really standing up for us - his goal yesterday really pulled us out of the shit with the defence looking very ropy and Pickford's brainfart to let Palace back into it.

He's not the most skillful of players, but he's tough and determined. I look forward to seeing where it takes him (and us).

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

How many crosses does he clear for us at the beat post? He defends any corner that hits the near post. Then 30 seconds later he is running at their defenders. 
He will never be a typical Brazilian, but he will always be an effective player. Fast becoming a top top player.

There aren't many players that have a similar style of play to him. A bit of a maverick. Definitely no Brazilian does what he does. 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Funny how we see things. I think he’s been massively underperforming and the goal yesterday covered up a poor game on the whole. Keeper should’ve had it but can’t fault his drive. 

Same with DCL. They were both pretty quiet. Richarlison got better and better after his goal though. The keeper was never getting to it though, your a bloody harsh judge!  

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Same with DCL. They were both pretty quiet. Richarlison got better and better after his goal though. The keeper was never getting to it though, your a bloody harsh judge!  

Thought it was poor positioning from the keeper, but credit where credits due.