IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

16 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Has he submitted a transfer request if so then he’s not entitled to walk on a free and have his contract paid up, I was working on the basis we want to get rid of him. 

We do want rid, but since he's considered an asset we're looking for compensation. He's not only saying he doesn't agree to Everton getting compensation, but that he should be paid for the privilege of working elsewhere. Doesn't work that way.

I only get paid when I work, always have and expect it always to be the same.

If I move to another job… i expect them to pay me. I would not feel entitled to be paid by my previous company/boss!

I work in a world of contract being a director. If I sign a contract for work, but don’t complete that work…. Then I don't expect to be paid.

Cenk wants to have his contract terminated so he can move to another club… but still wants that contract paid up? Am I right in seeing it this way?

Main reason for us to want him off the books is to shed his wages (as he won't get a game)...surely he must realize that paying his contract in full gives us absolutely zero benefit. I'd imagine some sort of negotiation....okay we will pay half of it for you to f*** off. Potential win win for both parties. 

7 minutes ago, Shukes said:

If I move to another job… i expect them to pay me. I would not feel entitled to be paid by my previous company/boss!

I work in a world of contract being a director. If I sign a contract for work, but don’t complete that work…. Then I don't expect to be paid.

Cenk wants to have his contract terminated so he can move to another club… but still wants that contract paid up? Am I right in seeing it this way?

You are. Plus, hes playing on the fact od knowing that he's not wanted to take maximum advantage of the situation. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I think it is more of a case of what do we want. 

Do we want him hanging around the training ground picking up his £50-60k a week for another year?

Or would we rather get him out of the club now and effectively still pay him some of those wages? 

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think it is more of a case of what do we want. 

Do we want him hanging around the training ground picking up his £50-60k a week for another year?

Or would we rather get him out of the club now and effectively still pay him some of those wages? 

Exactly it’s all in the contract, the contract is there to protect both parties, and when this contract was signed both legal teams would have had an input which would or should have protected their clients. These are the terms and conditions and cannot be broken by either party without incurring financial costs or the agreement of the other party. 

8 hours ago, Palfy said:

Exactly it’s all in the contract, the contract is there to protect both parties, and when this contract was signed both legal teams would have had an input which would or should have protected their clients. These are the terms and conditions and cannot be broken by either party without incurring financial costs or the agreement of the other party. 

Why? Are Everton breaking his contract?

I thought it is him who wants to break his contract! 
My business works the opposite, if the client breaks the contract…. They don’t get work for nothing. That’s terrible business.

If he wants to break his contract and leave, then he shouldn’t be paid up. That’s my opinion in any case.

15 hours ago, Shukes said:

So if your current employer came to you on Monday and said listen lofty we need to save some money so we would like you to leave and we are not going to give you a redundancy package but don’t worry we’ve found you a part time job around the corner that pays minimum wage, you would happily pack your bags and take the drip in pay on the chin?

IF Tosun was trying to force through a move and asking for his wages to be paid up then you would have a shout about the contract for work not being completed but it’s been the club that are trying to force him out, I think he would be quite happy to sit there picking up his money to the end of his contract and would fulfill his end of the bargain by pitching up for training everyday and playing when picked

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

So if your current employer came to you on Monday and said listen lofty we need to save some money so we would like you to leave and we are not going to give you a redundancy package but don’t worry we’ve found you a part time job around the corner that pays minimum wage, you would happily pack your bags and take the drip in pay on the chin?

IF Tosun was trying to force through a move and asking for his wages to be paid up then you would have a shout about the contract for work not being completed but it’s been the club that are trying to force him out, I think he would be quite happy to sit there picking up his money to the end of his contract and would fulfill his end of the bargain by pitching up for training everyday and playing when picked

If it was that scenario, that would be the club sending me away.

But the article said that Tosun wants to leave to get first team football… and also wanted his contract paid up….

Or again, am I miss reading it?

3 hours ago, Matt said:

We're not talking about a redundancy package here. He's found work but still wants 100% of his contract paying. If he was saying let's split this 50/50, don't think anyone would be arguing. But he wants 100% of a hefty wage whilst having a signing on fee and wage lined up. 

(If the article is true)

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Sir McGiven said:

If it is just Everton, then yeah, Cenk has all the rights to expect a full payment. If it is a mutual wish as he may want to be on the pitch every week, then there will be a common ground. I don't believe newspaper reports, always exaggerated...

Agreed. If it was just Everton forcing him out the door then yes, he is owed his compensation that is due based on his contract; however, I wouldn't pay him dime if he wants to go somewhere else, earn a wage there, and expect a wage here too. 

2 hours ago, Sibdane said:

Agreed. If it was just Everton forcing him out the door then yes, he is owed his compensation that is due based on his contract; however, I wouldn't pay him dime if he wants to go somewhere else, earn a wage there, and expect a wage here too. 

Come off it!

Imagine you signed a contract to work for Microsoft for 36 months - a guaranteed salary no matter what. They plan to apply your skills in a particular way, but then their objectives and their needs change. They see no way to use you, so you get frustrated. When you ask what you can do, they just palm you off. Then along comes a startup for which you're well suited and they offer you half of what you're earning with MS. You can see it's an excellent fit and you could really make a difference there. What do you do?

- Legally, Microsoft is obliged to pay you come what may. Should that lead you to decline the startup company's offer?
- You may have a conscience and believe it's wrong to earn two salaries, no matter what the law says. As a good guy, you tell MS there's no need to pay what they agreed to pay: You'll just accept half the amount elsewhere. Users of MS will really like you despite your loss in income.
- Or maybe you're something of a good guy. You accept the startup's salary and tell MS to pay you only the difference. This will require a renegotiation, but they're willing to do it. Again, MS users will be pleased with you, but only a little pleased.

I'll guarantee that most put in this situation will choose option 1. The argument is that MS committed themselves legally and must accept the consequences. Why should I lose out because they changed their mind? Why should my choices be limited? Why shouldn't I get that to which I'm entitled?

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Come off it!

Imagine you signed a contract to work for Microsoft for 36 months - a guaranteed salary no matter what. They plan to apply your skills in a particular way, but then their objectives and their needs change. They see no way to use you, so you get frustrated. When you ask what you can do, they just palm you off. Then along comes a startup for which you're well suited and they offer you half of what you're earning with MS. You can see it's an excellent fit and you could really make a difference there. What do you do?

- Legally, Microsoft is obliged to pay you come what may. Should that lead you to decline the startup company's offer?
- You may have a conscience and believe it's wrong to earn two salaries, no matter what the law says. As a good guy, you tell MS there's no need to pay what they agreed to pay: You'll just accept half the amount elsewhere. Users of MS will really like you despite your loss in income.
- Or maybe you're something of a good guy. You accept the startup's salary and tell MS to pay you only the difference. This will require a renegotiation, but they're willing to do it. Again, MS users will be pleased with you, but only a little pleased.

I'll guarantee that most put in this situation will choose option 1. The argument is that MS committed themselves legally and must accept the consequences. Why should I lose out because they changed their mind? Why should my choices be limited? Why shouldn't I get that to which I'm entitled?

Depends if you are motivated with a passionate for your job/career or purely by money. 

Plenty of people take pay cuts to pursue something they are passionate about. Plenty of footballer accept less wages, so that they can play week in week out. Unless it having the very fattest pay check that motivates them. 

Controversial view point and it pains me to say it but .....

When he signed for Everton on £100k a week or whatever it was - in his mind he went "£xm a year = £xm after my deal ends" call it £15m or whatever.

in his head he is not going to wave goodbye to £2 or £3m.  He knows he's on his last/only decent contract.  We can debate all day that he is financially secure and all that - but human nature doesn't allow the majority of us to sacrifice our families future in order to make it easy for a multi million pound company.

As crazy as it is - he will have budgeted for that money and is very unlikely to give it up. 

I’m still Lost. Haven’t worked for these fancy company’s like you guys. 
Any company I have worked for and decided to leave…. Have never paid a contract up. Once I’ve left, the contract has always became obsolete.

Different if they have got rid of me. They pay up then. But if I break my contract by leaving…. Then the contracts is broken.

Bloody hell, I’ve even had to give them a month notice haha.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

I’m still Lost. Haven’t worked for these fancy company’s like you guys. 
Any company I have worked for and decided to leave…. Have never paid a contract up. Once I’ve left, the contract has always became obsolete.

Different if they have got rid of me. They pay up then. But if I break my contract by leaving…. Then the contracts is broken.

Bloody hell, I’ve even had to give them a month notice haha.

the difference is that sports contracts like these are fully guaranteed (unless termination for cause). 

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Controversial view point and it pains me to say it but .....

When he signed for Everton on £100k a week or whatever it was - in his mind he went "£xm a year = £xm after my deal ends" call it £15m or whatever.

in his head he is not going to wave goodbye to £2 or £3m.  He knows he's on his last/only decent contract.  We can debate all day that he is financially secure and all that - but human nature doesn't allow the majority of us to sacrifice our families future in order to make it easy for a multi million pound company.

As crazy as it is - he will have budgeted for that money and is very unlikely to give it up. 

Plenty of players move on for less lucrative pay packets in order to hopefully play regular football, in what is a relatively short career. 

If he wants to hang around and take the money, but miss playing competitive football, then it is his right after signing such a contract. But it's a bit rich asking for all the money for your contract, and also wanting it terminating so you can go and earn more and play somewhere else at the same time. I believe that is what people are griping about and I don't think he has ever done anything for the club that warrants special consideration.

25 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Plenty of players move on for less lucrative pay packets in order to hopefully play regular football, in what is a relatively short career. 

If he wants to hang around and take the money, but miss playing competitive football, then it is his right after signing such a contract. But it's a bit rich asking for all the money for your contract, and also wanting it terminating so you can go and earn more and play somewhere else at the same time. I believe that is what people are griping about and I don't think he has ever done anything for the club that warrants special consideration.

Absolutely. If he wants to piss off to play then he has to take the consequences of being paid what his new club are offering.... otherwise just train and pick up a wedge. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

This exactly. 

12 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Depends if you are motivated with a passionate for your job/career or purely by money. 

Plenty of people take pay cuts to pursue something they are passionate about. Plenty of footballer accept less wages, so that they can play week in week out. Unless it having the very fattest pay check that motivates them. 

Let's put the shoe on the other foot. When McCarthy was out for many months after suffering an injury in a game when he was the only Everton player on the pitch who appeared to give a toss, I seem to remember cries at these forums of "Get rid." Why do we expect loyalty from players when we're all-too-quick to offer them no loyalty in return? The harsh truth is that loyalty is becoming a thing of the past. I hate to see that, but football is big business with some clubs traded on the stock exchange. I can hardly complain when players act that way; it's an attitude all too prevalent among top clubs.

• 3 weeks later...