IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

Just now, pete0 said:

The investigation was probably them looking at the video and deciding no case to answer. Have you watched the celebration or just judging it on the still?

I watched it.

Watched the match live then I've seen the video. I realize I have a very different perspective and opinion to most here on TT. Not necessarily profound lol, but alternative nonetheless. It doesn't mean I'm trying to be loud for the sake of it. I've already said that I'll let that go if that reasoning is indeed the truth. Without being more comprehensive there's no way to know. Thus the cycle. Whether he did or not the tools to be sure are lacking. That's more my point.

No one's really questioned these things beyond speculation so perhaps it could be worth it. Equity is treated as speculative in the Premier League. 

The government he supports is known for summary killings and displacement that was reported by Amnesty International around the time of the salute in 2019. I'm not sure what's redeeming about any of that. Maybe someone could confirm otherwise but I feel like that type of organization doesn't make false claims all that often.

I'm not even saying Tosun is in favor of all those things, far from it - but blindly supporting it is also damaging.

I don't claim to have all of the answers but having been around activists and civil rights leaders most of my life I can say that from the outside, what passes as equal justice initiatives in football are subpar, at best.

23 minutes ago, nutmegwolf203 said:

I watched it.

Watched the match live then I've seen the video. I realize I have a very different perspective and opinion to most here on TT. Not necessarily profound lol, but alternative nonetheless. It doesn't mean I'm trying to be loud for the sake of it. I've already said that I'll let that go if that reasoning is indeed the truth. Without being more comprehensive there's no way to know. Thus the cycle. Whether he did or not the tools to be sure are lacking. That's more my point.

No one's really questioned these things beyond speculation so perhaps it could be worth it. Equity is treated as speculative in the Premier League. 

The government he supports is known for summary killings and displacement that was reported by Amnesty International around the time of the salute in 2019. I'm not sure what's redeeming about any of that. Maybe someone could confirm otherwise but I feel like that type of organization doesn't make false claims all that often.

I'm not even saying Tosun is in favor of all those things, far from it - but blindly supporting it is also damaging.

I don't claim to have all of the answers but having been around activists and civil rights leaders most of my life I can say that from the outside, what passes as equal justice initiatives in football are subpar, at best.

what are your thoughts on the cavani ban?  deserved or not?

16 hours ago, pete0 said:

And that idiotic fascist salute (I hate those grey wolves) is usually done by two hands. It is not a one-handed salute and the national team salute to support the army is another story. I don't want to discuss it anymore on this forum as I couldn't get proper answers last time. Anyways...

I think people are up to execution with extreme prejudice more than ever because of virtue signalling for every single sh*t on media/social media. He clearly said that a fascist salute was not his intention and that must be the end of the story. There are no single sign or behaviour from his German or Turkey career days of being a far-right supporter as well. To be fair, there is no clear evidence to blame, only exaggerated SJW nonsense which assumes the intenions.

Having actively on the field globally (Asia, Middle East, Africa, Europe, Central America...) as an NGO worker and hardcore civil rights movements supporter, these are my elegant opinions on what happened. Looks like it is how you urge your personal opinions upon the public.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Finn balor said:

CSKA are in for him I think 

Rumour has it he will be leaving on loan, with CSKA having the option to purchase him at a later date - I think the fact that we are in a pandemic means that that is the best we can hope for as nobody will be willing to pay top dollar on someone who has rarely featured over the past 12 months. 

All I hope is that perhaps the fact that multiple teams are interested (West Brom & CSKA) we can bounce them off against each other.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

As long as he goes somewhere that's not Everton and we bring in someone that will contribute, it's all good.

Worst thing for me was that he scored the other week. I was pleased when he scored, but watched him for the rest of the patch and realised just how useless he is.

Honestly think Niasse made more of an impact coming on.

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Worst thing for me was that he scored the other week. I was pleased when he scored, but watched him for the rest of the patch and realised just how useless he is.

Honestly think Niasse made more of an impact coming on.

That is the one thing you could always say about Niasse. He always made an impact sometimes good, most of the time bad.

On 25/01/2021 at 20:34, Bailey said:

That is the one thing you could always say about Niasse. He always made an impact sometimes good, most of the time bad.

True. Whatever else Niasse was as a player he had real heart, backed himself and wanted to play for the club. Less good at controlling a football, wearing seatbelts, obeying covid restrictions and avoiding allegations of domestic violence.

Did he ever find another club?

7 minutes ago, badaids said:

Did he ever find another club?

No, he's a free agent at the moment. He had offers from the MLS but turned them down as he didn't want to move that far away from England (I believe because of his children). 

I thought he would have been picked up by someone, as much as he wasn't good enough for us he could have done a job in the Football League. I'd argue he could even get into the likes of West Brom. 

Edit: He's linked with Derby County.

30 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

No, he's a free agent at the moment. He had offers from the MLS but turned them down as he didn't want to move that far away from England (I believe because of his children). 

I thought he would have been picked up by someone, as much as he wasn't good enough for us he could have done a job in the Football League. I'd argue he could even get into the likes of West Brom. 

Edit: He's linked with Derby County.

That's interesting, because Niasse and Rooney were at Everton together.

6 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Niasse, Bolassie and Tosun all had heart and wanted to do well for us, wasn't to be but I wish them all well.

I do wonder what Bolasie could have done here without his injury, I don't think he would have won the Balon d'Or but he could have turned into a decent option under Carlo, similar to how Iwobi has blossomed from what he was to what he is now. 

Agree with you about them moving on too, I wish anyone well that has worked hard here. Bolasie, Niasse and Tosun all fit that category - hope Yannick does well with Middlesbrough. He did well with Sporting (in Portugal), they simply couldn't afford to keep him.