IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

24 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Sorry Romey, he looked to me like he really was making an effort which was more than most of them.

I want him to actually have an impact on the game, not just put effort in. Tom Davies gets praised for his effort because that's pretty much his entire role when he plays - put a shift in. Sigurdsson is there to make things happen - instead we get to watch him stand and point where players should play the ball (to anyone but him basically), put stupid fucking floaty set-pieces into the box, be a static caravan, and maybe every now and then decide to have a shot to make it look like he's actually doing something.

To top it off he's usually wearing the captain's armband when he puts these nothing performances in. He may not have been the worst Everton player out there but he was shit, and as a senior player (and captain) he should be stepping up not shying away.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I want him to actually have an impact on the game, not just put effort in. Tom Davies gets praised for his effort because that's pretty much his entire role when he plays - put a shift in. Sigurdsson is there to make things happen - instead we get to watch him stand and point where players should play the ball (to anyone but him basically), put stupid fucking floaty set-pieces into the box, be a static caravan, and maybe every now and then decide to have a shot to make it look like he's actually doing something.

To top it off he's usually wearing the captain's armband when he puts these nothing performances in. He may not have been the worst Everton player out there but he was shit, and as a senior player (and captain) he should be stepping up not shying away.

90th minute, i think Keane threaded a ball and found glyfi  between the lines, 2 strikers uptop he just needed to turn and drive at the back 4 and maybe thread a pass. Instead tried to bounce it Bernard with a man on his shoulder, missed the pass and gave the ball away. He does not want the responsibility of the ball. Our captain and CM/CAM does not want the ball.

47 minutes ago, Btay said:

90th minute, i think Keane threaded a ball and found glyfi  between the lines, 2 strikers uptop he just needed to turn and drive at the back 4 and maybe thread a pass. Instead tried to bounce it Bernard with a man on his shoulder, missed the pass and gave the ball away. He does not want the responsibility of the ball. Our captain and CM/CAM does not want the ball.

He makes my blood boil, he really does. 

12 hours ago, Btay said:

Said it for months now, absolute coward.  He and Gomes are two of the most technically gifted players we have got, but lack the bottle to be a part of what this side needs to show and that is courage and hard work. 

They need to look at James.... Demands the ball when he is marked, has the strength of character to make plays that could make him look silly but is prepared to do it cos it can reap rewards 

We used to laugh at wee Joe Allen and his tippy tappy 5 yard safety passes and 90% completion of 100 passes...... We've got two of the biggest bluff merchants around. 

Poor Tom Davies, not good enough, probably knows he isn't but is brave enough to have a stab at it and gets lambasted whilst the aforementioned two get by on the occasional goal or crossfield ball whilst doing fuck all. 

i'm excited for Cenk, we've seen so many of our previous regime players have a go under Carlo and few have made the grade (Keane, Holgate, Digne, Coleman, Richarlison, DCL).  I really hope Cenk is able to get something going he still has another year on his contract, he could be the backup striker and rotation piece we need.  he was running hard out there hopefully some more time and he can get to scoring and get the confidence going.  i'd love to be set at striker for this campaign and next.

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm excited for Cenk, we've seen so many of our previous regime players have a go under Carlo and few have made the grade (Keane, Holgate, Digne, Coleman, Richarlison, DCL).  I really hope Cenk is able to get something going he still has another year on his contract, he could be the backup striker and rotation piece we need.  he was running hard out there hopefully some more time and he can get to scoring and get the confidence going.  i'd love to be set at striker for this campaign and next.

I love your enthusiasm Mark, but I think the only other person you’ll find excited by Cenk is Mrs Tosun. 

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

The issue with Tosun has been his physicality to play the one up front role that was asked of him under previous managers. His finishing and touch is generally good. If you look at how Ancellotti is playing DCL then it would suit Tosun better than previous managers.

He isn't going to set the world alight any time soon, but I could see him chipping in with a couple of goals and assists if he is needed regularly enough.

Agreed, a fox in the box more than one to run channels or break the line.  I think he can finish, which is all he really needs to do. Not sure how good he is with his head, how most of out chances seem to be created with Dom. Maybe we would have to change the system slightly.

13 hours ago, Matt said:

We were linked with Milik not long ago, I’d be happy with him and Isco in January 

Wonder if he would want to come without knowing he's going to start every game (I assume that would be the case and Carlo will only want to start 1 striker). 

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Nice of him to contribute tonight. Shame it was to give the ball away leading to United scoring their second like...

Another nice bloke but a shite footballer. The sooner he's gone the better and I hope Carlo was just being nice when he said he's going to use him.

Careful... I made a similar comment on Sunday when he came on against arsenal and shinned it to one of their players and just walked around. 

We won on Sunday so apparently it wasn't a valid criticism. 

7 hours ago, Btay said:

Almost feel that Niasse would be more of a threat coming on at the end of games.

Tosun will be gone in January. He’s only on the bench to retain some value - if we completely freeze him out, we’re at risk of being stuck with him until his contract runs out. This is the same for a few at the moment - we’re paying the price for poor recruitment under previous managers. Hopefully, bar a couple where it’s clearly not worked for whatever reason e.g. Delph and Bernard/Gomes to some extent, our recruitment is much better now and we’re improving.