IGNORED

Abdoulaye Doucouré

Peter H

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

I’m referring to anyone who thinks it’s clever or acceptable to reply to someone’s post by taking a cheap shot at someone, as a way of expressing their feelings towards that person and not that person’s opinions.

Can't think of anyone who'd do such a thing:huh:

Mike, on my high horse, no understanding of irony despite being a know-all (how does that work?), and pretending to be jovial and humorous, over and out👍 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Can't think of anyone who'd do such a thing:huh:

Mike, on my high horse, no understanding of irony despite being a know-all (how does that work?), and pretending to be jovial and humorous, over and out👍 

Not right I accept, but when that was said there was a bit of mud slinging on all sides as I read it, proof that personal attacks on people get out of hand and serves no useful purpose when disagreeing about opinions. 
Now I’m not here to be an arbitrator between people who want to throw insults at each other, but I think it’s unnecessary to speak out when I see it in a hope that helps stop the escalation. 
When I said what I said today it was directed at what I considered one of those unhelpful posts, that was an attempt to discredit a person.  
Now tell me if you think I’m wrong in doing so? And if people have that much ill feeling towards each other then wouldn’t it be better to PM each other than have a mud slinging contest for all too see that just gets out of hand. 
Because putting people down in the quest for likes isn’t good and that’s what I believe I witnessed today. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Not right I accept, but when that was said there was a bit of mud slinging on all sides as I read it, proof that personal attacks on people get out of hand and serves no useful purpose when disagreeing about opinions. 
Now I’m not here to be an arbitrator between people who want to throw insults at each other, but I think it’s unnecessary to speak out when I see it in a hope that helps stop the escalation. 
When I said what I said today it was directed at what I considered one of those unhelpful posts, that was an attempt to discredit a person.  
Now tell me if you think I’m wrong in doing so? And if people have that much ill feeling towards each other then wouldn’t it be better to PM each other than have a mud slinging contest for all too see that just gets out of hand. 
Because putting people down in the quest for likes isn’t good and that’s what I believe I witnessed today. 

Without checking back I think the closest I got to mud slinging was to suggest somebody was a poor judge of character (based on the mud being slung at me), correct me if I'm wrong and I'll gladly apologise.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Without checking back I think the closest I got to mud slinging was to suggest somebody was a poor judge of character (based on the mud being slung at me), correct me if I'm wrong and I'll gladly apologise.

I’m not going to check Mike I’ve no need to, my statement wasn’t directed solely at you for what happened the other day, and today I was pointing out how unnecessary someone’s post was and how unhelpful it is when surely we want normal service to resume, if we can call what goes on here normal. 
Like I said I’m not putting myself forward as an arbitrator that’s the role of the mods, and if you think what’s been happening over the last couple of days is acceptable then that’s fine and we will have no more said about it. 
But what we can’t do is have one rule for one and another rule for someone else. If you believe Haf is wrong or out of order for what he said about people including yourself, then you have to accept what people have said about him is equally wrong, we can’t have double standards Mike because that just enforces Hafs argument that he’s been victimised when he gets personal with others, and nothing’s said when the opposite happens, so maybe I’m doing the very British 🇬🇧 thing of standing up for the underdog and little bit of justice, even if some believe it’s misplaced. 

44 minutes ago, MikeO said:

On 30/03/2024 at 15:49, MikeO said:

I know.

I take it all sooo damn seriously, completely incapable of laughing at myself, it's a real flaw.

Get all sulky if I don't get my own way....ask my cat!

If only I could be more like "happy go lucky" Haf, always around to lighten the mood with a witty quip and his hilarious self-depracating humour. 

I'll keep striving for what I like to call "Haf-topia," but I don't expect I'll ever attain it. My therapist gives me little chance...

"To cope with feeling defective, he develops an arrogant, superior manner that hides underlying feelings of inferiority… and also unconsciously sabotages himself, setting himself up for failure or embarrassment that reinforces his sense of inferiority”

Sigh.

Personal? I call this a passive aggressive, self indulgent, pretentious post that prompted me to reply to you saying get off your high horse. 

I don't think you appreciated me telling you that your supposed jovial front isn't what it appears.  

feel free to dissect what it is you believe you intended to convey - I've already mentioned passive aggressive though haven't I?

as for the rest - I believe I accurately called out the cliquey playground bollocks that is on this site and has consequently proven so in following days. 

In short Mike - whether you believe it or not, my opinion is that some people are more equal than others and I personally couldn't give two shits if you agree or not. 

like I said the other day, I accept how my posts appear - I don't think you have that level of self reflection. It's a forum, a place for opinions. 

Just gonna bop my head in here and say, @Hafnia, the issue I have is just seeing the same thing posted every time, regardless of the topic. Because then inevitably, every topic devolves into talking about Dyche and how he's not performing up to standard.

I think the reason I keep pushing back is actually not because I love Dyche as our manager or think he's the best person to take us into the future. I keep pushing back because I'm tired of every thread coming back to the same talking point.

I understand your position on Dyche, and I know many others share the same position, and I apologize if I said anything that was out of line.

Honestly, for the sake of this forum and it's harmonious-ness, let's get Rafa back in so we're all in alignment again.

4 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Just gonna bop my head in here and say, @Hafnia, the issue I have is just seeing the same thing posted every time, regardless of the topic. Because then inevitably, every topic devolves into talking about Dyche and how he's not performing up to standard.

I think the reason I keep pushing back is actually not because I love Dyche as our manager or think he's the best person to take us into the future. I keep pushing back because I'm tired of every thread coming back to the same talking point.

I understand your position on Dyche, and I know many others share the same position, and I apologize if I said anything that was out of line.

Honestly, for the sake of this forum and its harmonious-ness, let's get Rafa back in so we're all in alignment again.

I don't need an apology thanks Dunlop - I'm not offended but some people need to look at themselves when they call out people for doing things that they do themselves. 

Palfy has eloquently highlighted this many times - people object to the person making the point rather than the point itself. I've done it myself - me admitting it isn't the issue, it's other people refusing to believe they do it. 

No one knows me on this forum and I've been a member 20 years.  I genuinely think of these people I don't know as friends in the most oddest way.   I've been all over the world and get a sense of home when I put posts out on here. 

our club is in a shit state and I do hold a lot of annoyance at the fact that I believe some fans chose to ignore glaring red flags that have been discussed on here over the years.  People call it point scoring - I call it "don't let it happen any more" 

On 01/04/2024 at 16:29, Romey 1878 said:

I can tell you now, he's not getting in.

'Mericans aren't allowed.

Sent my application in.

Still haven’t received a reply. You must be really busy or something and getting round to it. Ye that must be it.

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Knowing you, you've sent it to the wrong address.

That could well be true.

Guys if any of you get an email with some wierd pictures of a guy with a Gomes blow up doll…. Could you forward it to Romey please.

44 minutes ago, Shukes said:

That could well be true.

Guys if any of you get an email with some wierd pictures of a guy with a Gomes blow up doll…. Could you forward it to Romey please.

I’m not even going to ask where you found a Gomes blow up doll but I hope you had fun with it. 

• 2 weeks later...

The one thing that's consistent about Doucoure is that when he downs tools - he really downs tools. 

Got his £130k a week extended for a year back in November..... not seen a performance from him since. 

I expect him to be sat on a footy in the warmup on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

The one thing that's consistent about Doucoure is that when he downs tools - he really downs tools. 

Got his £130k a week extended for a year back in November..... not seen a performance from him since. 

I expect him to be sat on a footy in the warmup on Sunday. 

Pretty sure he's still injured watching him. But we're so desperate for any attacking link-up play between midfield and attack that he's only in because of that and its detrimental. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Pretty sure he's still injured watching him. But we're so desperate for any attacking link-up play between midfield and attack that he's only in because of that and its detrimental. 

I just think he's a mercenary.  I wasn't a Lampard fan but the way he downed tools under Lampard was disgusting. 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I just think he's a mercenary.  I wasn't a Lampard fan but the way he downed tools under Lampard was disgusting. 

I get that, its the obvious thing. But why would he be flying earlier in the season and shit after his injury. I'm not convinced he was singled out, like with Ancelotti, under Lampard.

But then, I will always try and find the positive, there's enough shit going on at the moment. Playing with injury is a more tangible reason in my eyes.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I get that, its the obvious thing. But why would he be flying earlier in the season and shit after his injury. I'm not convinced he was singled out, like with Ancelotti, under Lampard.

But then, I will always try and find the positive, there's enough shit going on at the moment. Playing with injury is a more tangible reason in my eyes.

Cos he got his one year extension around the time he was injured. 

seen many players put their feet up once they get a nice extension. 

Just now, Hafnia said:

Cos he got his one year extension around the time he was injured. 

seen many players put their feet up once they get a nice extension. 

We have but I don't get that vibe from him, never have. 

We benefit from his 1 year extension too. But I do see where you're coming from.