IGNORED

Abdoulaye Doucouré

Peter H

I guess he's worth more to us transfer wise with time left on his contract. If we stay up, he deserves to stay for another year. If we go down then we should be able to recoup something and move him on.

Maybe there was a stipulation in the contract that we couldn't trigger the extension if we've already been relegated? Who knows. 

I think it was a no brainier to take  the one year extension up, whatever division we end up in next year

If we go down he would probably be the best midfielder in the division and he can help get us back up then assess again in 12 months time

he is still a good player and I would rather keep him than see yet another big money signing walk away for nothing

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think it was a no brainier to take  the one year extension up, whatever division we end up in next year

If we go down he would probably be the best midfielder in the division and he can help get us back up then assess again in 12 months time

he is still a good player and I would rather keep him than see yet another big money signing walk away for nothing

Agreed, in championship he is the ideal player. Probably get 15 goals at least.  His physical output would be a huge asset. 

On 19/03/2023 at 12:49, Palfy said:

He is going to play the role Richarlison did last season in keeping us up. 

Just thought I would repost this because it pretty much came to fruition. Made up for the lad after being banished from the first team squad and made to train on his own by Lampard. He gets recalled by Dyche and becomes possibly the most important player in the team, definitely gave a season survival display worthy enough to be held up to the one played by Richarlison last season. 

45 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Just seen this as his new song!

To the tune of That's Amore.

When the ball hits the net and you've just lost your bet that's Doucoure. 
When the Leicester boys frown cos with Leeds they are down that's Doucoure.
When the red shite wet dream of Everton goin down is no moreay.
Thats tough shit cos there's a man we love 
And his name is Doucoure.

Love it 💙

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I've just watched his chance again and I feel physically ill :lol:.

Biscuit tin on a head on him to be honest. Appreciate his work rate - he covers so much ground and gets through so much work but his actual footballing ability limits us.

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I'm not upset about it. He can be frustrating, but he's been better under Dyche and can pop up with a goal from midfield. We don't really have another one who can. 

It makes a lot of sense because even though finances aren’t likely to be as tight come next summer they’re still not going to be fantastic, so if he stays then it’s one less position we’ll need to spend money on. 

10 hours ago, Matt said:

He's the type of player to get us there but not sustain it. 

Exactly right, I’ve taken him off the shit list for now because I truly appreciate the effort he puts in - unmatched in the squad.

However as long as we are a team that runs around a lot but can’t move the ball or find pockets of space we will be in bottom half of the table.