IGNORED

Abdoulaye Doucouré

Peter H

10 hours ago, StevO said:

We saw both parts of his game didn’t we? A goal threat and giving the ball away cheaply to concede. Really needs to do better with the ball at his feet. 

Nearly all of them need to do better in that department. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

Watched the game again....his pass/assist for Simms was first class. I didn't know he had that in his locker to be honest. He is def showing up in a number of ways the last month or so. Good for us and for him. 

There's a good chance he was just trying to control it based on previous games 

:P

7 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Watched the game again....his pass/assist for Simms was first class. I didn't know he had that in his locker to be honest. He is def showing up in a number of ways the last month or so. Good for us and for him. 

Purely because it’s playing to his strengths. In no circumstances do we want Doucoure picking the ball up off our centre backs. Pressing up the pitch, making late runs into the box and finding space between their midfield and defenders is his game.

I still think he is a super limited player in terms of technical ability but he has strengths to be a threat to other teams if used correctly.

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

It's very nice to see him back on the team and making a difference. Moving him further forward appears to suit him. He and Onana are tall and powerful players, and we're benefiting from that, I think.

It's what he's always said and it was obvious under Benitez too. Very glad he's got his mojo back somewhat. 

• 2 weeks later...

Doucoure's sending off may effect us more in the up coming 3 games more than it did in the Spurs game itself. He has been a big part of the up turn under Dyche and has had a lot of involvement in our very thin goals scored column.

It going to be an opportunity other player to stake a claim. I see Iwobi going in the middle,  he was maybe only put on the right to actually get Dukes in the team. 

Iwobi in the middle so maybe Patterson on the right? He's good going forward, but would be excellent cover for Coleman

Gray on the right and Simms up top? Garner on the right? (just not seen enough of him to know if he could do a decent enough job),

or keep Iwobi on the right and simple swop of Garner in to the middle. 

Will be interesting to see what happens. 

18 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Doucoure's sending off may effect us more in the up coming 3 games more than it did in the Spurs game itself. He has been a big part of the up turn under Dyche and has had a lot of involvement in our very thin goals scored column.

It going to be an opportunity other player to stake a claim. I see Iwobi going in the middle,  he was maybe only put on the right to actually get Dukes in the team. 

Iwobi in the middle so maybe Patterson on the right? He's good going forward, but would be excellent cover for Coleman

Gray on the right and Simms up top? Garner on the right? (just not seen enough of him to know if he could do a decent enough job),

or keep Iwobi on the right and simple swop of Garner in to the middle. 

Will be interesting to see what happens. 

Big chance for Garner to show what he's about in my opinion, maybe he and Gana sit and we push Onana up a bit. 

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

Big chance for Garner to show what he's about in my opinion, maybe he and Gana sit and we push Onana up a bit. 

I would like to see what Garner is made of, but in first game against Man U away I would maybe a little more cautious. 

Iwobi, Onana, Gana will be a pretty familiar trio in the middle, and Patterson on the right will give Coleman good protection, while still being able to offer a decent offensive out let. A game to ease Patterson back on the pitch for us.

But their is also the argument that Garner would be massively up for a game at Old Trafford.

It a shame its been a stop start season for both Patterson and Garner really. 

From the little I’ve seen from Garner, I think he would be better as the more advanced of a midfield three than Onana, what is nice is that we seem to have a few options. Iwobi in the centre does seem to be his best position if we can work the other positions out properly.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I thought about this. Making the most of Onana's athleticism but I am not sure the rest of them are up to filling the deeper midfield role. 

Whatever happens I don't want to see Patterson playing on the right!

Keep Iwobi where he is. He looks better in the middle but the team looks shit. I would much rather have Iwobi looking shit and the team stronger.

Garner looked lovely when he came on. For the first time this season I saw a player sit deep and play a quick one two to draw them out. One of the most simplest tricks on a football pitch and it’s taken our team three years to figure it out. That moment alone told me this lad could be a step above.

As for Doucoure, I thought he was immense until that moment. And even then I understood his anger at seeing his team mate kicked on the floor. But lesson learnt…. Next time make sure it’s a fist.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Keep Iwobi where he is. He looks better in the middle but the team looks shit. I would much rather have Iwobi looking shit and the team stronger.

Garner looked lovely when he came on. For the first time this season I saw a player sit deep and play a quick one two to draw them out. One of the most simplest tricks on a football pitch and it’s taken our team three years to figure it out. That moment alone told me this lad could be a step above.

As for Doucoure, I thought he was immense until that moment. And even then I understood his anger at seeing his team mate kicked on the floor. But lesson learnt…. Next time make sure it’s a fist.

His anger was also due to getting kicked by the cunt even though the ref had already blown his whistle for the cunt having already fouled and kicked through Gray on the floor.

The cunt.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

What a fucking engine this man has. He's probably in the changing room running on the spot now, he just does not stop does he?

That's the Doucoure we saw at Watford to make us want to buy him.

For me he’s been like that every game he’s played in this season, if he walks on a free the end of this season he’s going to be like Richarlison hard to replace. 

I would be shocked if they don't give him an extension considering he's been a key part of Dyche's plans (assuming we're keeping Dyche). Maybe the amount he is on is an issue? Seem to remember it being one of the higher contracts but may be wrong.