IGNORED

Abdoulaye Doucouré

Peter H

27 minutes ago, Bailey said:

🤣🤣

I am not sure he would start over Allan or Donny. Do you? 

I think he will be looking to upgrade the quality of that central midfield in the summer too. Can you see Doucoure taking the ball under pressure on the half term and playing a quick, accurate pass? That isn't his game at all.

The best version of Doucoure is when he is breaking up play and getting forward, doing laps, up and down the pitch.

No I’m only teasing, I know where your going.

I do think he has that press that Lampard favours though, and those long striding runs to turn defence into attack rapidly. 
So in this regard I can see him being utilised regularly, but I do see what you mean when we are playing against teams where we will dominate possession and need that intricate passing ability that he maybe doesn’t have.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

I do think he has that press that Lampard favours though, and those long striding runs to turn defence into attack rapidly. 
So in this regard I can see him being utilised regularly, but I do see what you mean when we are playing against teams where we will dominate possession and need that intricate passing ability that he maybe doesn’t have.

Fact is where we are you can’t have players like doucs sat out. Offers far too much energy and presence to be on the bench.  He will free up Donny 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

No he won’t be a big part of lampards plans……. He will be a huge part of lampards plans. 

I think Lampard will play 433 and rotate the front line before considering having a player with doucs ability to run, press and carry the ball on the bench. if he is fit he will play and will start with Gordon, Richy, DCL as a front line. 

This.

With a 4,3,3 we will have more stability and presence in midfield, especially if this midfield consists of Alan, VDB and Doucoure which offers punch and mobility.

A top 3 of DCL, Richarlison, Gordon, with Grey, Alli and Townsend as competition. 

Looking forward to seeing this line up.

Without Mina, our defence is ‘vulnerable’ (too kind?) - we need Allan and Doucoure in the team to protect them. Add Donny and actually that’s a very strong 3. There’s also the option to play a diamond with Dele in there too. Basically, if fit, Doucoure plays. Beyond this season - who knows if he fits Lampard’s style? But for the remainder of this season he’s possibly our most important player. We’ll pick up a few wins at home but just as importantly, we need to stop losing every away game - even a couple of points here and there - Allan and Doucoure will be key to this.

21 hours ago, Hafnia said:

No he won’t be a big part of lampards plans……. He will be a huge part of lampards plans. 

I think Lampard will play 433 and rotate the front line before considering having a player with doucs ability to run, press and carry the ball on the bench. if he is fit he will play and will start with Gordon, Richy, DCL as a front line. 

If Lampard does go to a traditional 433 then I would completely agree. You couldnt not pick Doucoure in that side and I think him Allan and Donny would probably work quite well. 

It then poses a question of who starts ahead of them because Alli hasnt come here to sit on the bench. Plus you have Gray and Iwobi (yes I am smirking) too. 

21 hours ago, Shukes said:

I agree and I suppose the fixture list is probably something that will influences Doucoure's likelihood of starting because we have a tough run of games and I would expect us to try 3 in midfield more often during that time. If we play with 3, then I don't see how you can leave him out.

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

If Lampard does go to a traditional 433 then I would completely agree. You couldnt not pick Doucoure in that side and I think him Allan and Donny would probably work quite well. 

It then poses a question of who starts ahead of them because Alli hasnt come here to sit on the bench. Plus you have Gray and Iwobi (yes I am smirking) too. 

I agree and I suppose the fixture list is probably something that will influences Doucoure's likelihood of starting because we have a tough run of games and I would expect us to try 3 in midfield more often during that time. If we play with 3, then I don't see how you can leave him out.

Good headaches to have though. I can’t see Alli out on the wings and I really hope we play him through the middle with DVB and Allan/Doucoure behind. Both of latter have had poor patches this season so hopefully the competition for places ups their games. Also keeps Gomes out - I would sooner see Onyango get minutes.

2 hours ago, Btay said:

Good headaches to have though. I can’t see Alli out on the wings and I really hope we play him through the middle with DVB and Allan/Doucoure behind. Both of latter have had poor patches this season so hopefully the competition for places ups their games. Also keeps Gomes out - I would sooner see Onyango get minutes.

It's not that Gomes is a bad player, per se, but his style of play just has a negative impact on team performance. He's a good example of a player who might excel elsewhere in Europe but not in the Premier League.

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

It's not that Gomes is a bad player, per se, but his style of play just has a negative impact on team performance. He's a good example of a player who might excel elsewhere in Europe but not in the Premier League.

I’ve been a big Gomes fan but he turns up for 1 in 3 games. Look where we are in the table - it’s because we have a squad riddled with these players.

He comes across as a top, top bloke, I appreciate some of the moments he has given us and I wish him all the best for his career but I hope it’s elsewhere after this season.

11 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Agree with this. He’s a finesse style player, and while he’s good at retaining possession and keeping himself between the man and the ball, he’s not very imposing or particularly strong.

I think at this point we’ve seen his very best, and it’s time to move him on in the summer (if we can and if we can line up a replacement). 

4 hours ago, Sibdane said:

Agree with this. He’s a finesse style player, and while he’s good at retaining possession and keeping himself between the man and the ball, he’s not very imposing or particularly strong.

I think at this point we’ve seen his very best, and it’s time to move him on in the summer (if we can and if we can line up a replacement). 

I don't know if I would call him finesse. I just think he is a player that is very good at a slower pace or when he has a physical advantage against his opponents. As soon as he comes up aggressive opposition who put him under pressure, you just know a mistake is around the corner. Then another one, and then another one after that. 

Without doubt he is player that needs to move on. It would suit both parties.

On 25/02/2022 at 19:56, Bailey said:

I don't know if I would call him finesse. I just think he is a player that is very good at a slower pace or when he has a physical advantage against his opponents. As soon as he comes up aggressive opposition who put him under pressure, you just know a mistake is around the corner. Then another one, and then another one after that. 

Without doubt he is player that needs to move on. It would suit both parties.

I see you spent the 90 minutes looking to justify this opinion of him.  That game was as fast paced as it comes and a player who supposedly isn’t a sharp player did ok considering better footballers would struggle after the time out he has had along with minimal ballwork. 

30 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I see you spent the 90 minutes looking to justify this opinion of him.  That game was as fast paced as it comes and a player who supposedly isn’t a sharp player did ok considering better footballers would struggle after the time out he has had along with minimal ballwork. 

He was talking about Gomes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Won’t be popular but I think he is a major problem for us.

Commend his energy and physicality but he breaks up our play more than the opposition with how technically bad he is.

Gana was hybrid of Allan/Doucoure who on his own offered more a midfielder than the two together.

5 minutes ago, Btay said:

Won’t be popular but I think he is a major problem for us.

Commend his energy and physicality but he breaks up our play more than the opposition with how technically bad he is.

Gana was hybrid of Allan/Doucoure who on his own offered more a midfielder than the two together.

This is why I wondered whether he would be in Lampard's starting 11 with everyone fit.

Lampard wants us to play technical football and he isn't up to it. His ability almost solely lies on being able to go box to box for 90 minutes. 

Rafa for all his criticism understood that about Doucoure and got the most out of him. He is out of his depth under Frank.

• 1 month later...
On 03/04/2022 at 22:29, Btay said:

In your opinion, yet based on the most recent posts in front of yours why do you believe your post would be unpopular.