IGNORED

Abdoulaye Doucouré

Peter H

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, c1982 said:

This doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. Before anyone sees 56% win rate as poor it equates to 64points over the course of a season and that’s not including extra points from drawn games.

And people were calling him a bad signing back in October/December :rofl:

41 minutes ago, Matt said:

And people were calling him a bad signing back in October/December :rofl:

Count me in as one, I was over the moon when we got him then he didn’t live up to my expectations in his first 5 games or so, until Allan got injured then he just went to a different level and hasn’t dropped since then 

2 hours ago, c1982 said:

This doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. Before anyone sees 56% win rate as poor it equates to 64points over the course of a season and that’s not including extra points from drawn games.

He’s a much, much more important player to us than Allan. His passing drives me nuts sometimes but we can comfortably cope without Allan as long as Doucoure is there, but having Allan playing without Doucoure leaves us short. That’s telling.

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He’s a much, much more important player to us than Allan. His passing drives me nuts sometimes but we can comfortably cope without Allan as long as Doucoure is there, but having Allan playing without Doucoure leaves us short. That’s telling.

Shame we haven’t seen them together so much this year - win % stat would be interesting 

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

That’s why we need more players with Doucoure’s strength/energy as a priority this summer.

I think he was overlooked by some on his arrival, being in the shadow of James and Allen’s arrivals, I have been impressed with him since day one, yes his passing choices can be suspect, but his ability for covering allows others to play more higher up the field. I hope he comes back without any problems.

41 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's something we've been lacking for years but we've still gone down the route of bringing in slow, immobile players. Now that's fine as long as you also supplement them by buying dynamic, quick players as well, but we've failed miserably at that and in the modern game that's going to bite you on the arse big time like we've seen.

I'm crossing all my fingers that most of transfer business this summer will involve young, dynamic and pacy players. You slot pace into this team and all of a sudden things look a lot better.

My brother often says "we don't look fit"...... I agree with that.  We don't look fit.   But there is more to it than that.

I played with a lad who had low body fat, ran on the treadmill for an hour and played squash 4 times a week.  He would play 90 minutes - not stop running and be as fresh as a daisy.  To me he was a liability against teams with legs......

That's because he had absolutely no strength/power in his running.  One paced .... No acceleration, no power.  But he would run all day.... Like Tom Davies. 

Thats us!!! We've only got 3 athletes in the team - Doucoure, Godfrey, DCL. 

Allan and James you can allocate in the "slow but quality" bracket.  The rest???  Richarlison has lost a few yards and doesn't take players on anymore, Davies isnt strong enough and not quick enough, Gylfi and Gomes? They look like they are having a gentle warm up. Keane and mina need to be 4 seconds ahead in the brain to ensure they don't get caught out.

We need athletes. 

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

we need a younger version to rotate with him.

This would be a priority for me - not necessarily to rotate, as I think Doucoure would happily play every game, but to come in and provide that extra strength/energy and, if he did pick up another 6-8week injury, cushion the blow of his absence.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I've said this before but, he's comfortably better than Allan and far more important to us. His passing can be a bit wayward at times but the other qualities he brings to the side are priceless.

Never doubted him to be honest and yeah, I think he's better than Allan too. The two together usually bring the best out of each other though, hopefully with a run of games together they'll both be back to their best.

1 minute ago, patto said:

And what a goal he scored I’m a bit concerned about Allan I’m not sure he’s up to pace with the prem he seems to get left behind a lot. 

I've been quite disappointed with Allan after his first few games for us tbh.

I don't think he's been terrible by any stretch, but I thought he'd be better than he's shown if I'm honest.