IGNORED

Abdoulaye Doucouré

Peter H

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

We all prefer honesty and integrity Pete, example:-  it's important to give credit to players who you don't rate for giving an upturn in form and not be rigid. 

Hopefully this period of antagonism is due to pass mate. The forum is pretty positive at the moment and I've no intention of allowing you to drag me into one of your shit fest's 

You don't prefer honesty and integrity. As soon as you're losing an argument what little you have goes out the window.

Fine example of yourself here, antagonism? Were talking about Doucoure and Silva. You gonna bring Kane and Gerrard up next? 

25 minutes ago, pete0 said:

You don't prefer honesty and integrity. As soon as you're losing an argument what little you have goes out the window.

Fine example of yourself here, antagonism? Were talking about Doucoure and Silva. You gonna bring Kane and Gerrard up next? 

No you would like me too though... Like I said I'm not interested in one of your shit fest's.  Like Palf said the other day - you are in your provoking nonsense mode 

Not interested. Have a good evening. 

55 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

No you would like me too though... Like I said I'm not interested in one of your shit fest's.  Like Palf said the other day - you are in your provoking nonsense mode 

Not interested. Have a good evening. 

So just digs about Gana today.. then say I'm provoking 👍

My shit fests? You mean were I hold your nonsense to account then you throw a hissy fit, shamelessly cry to mods and then go into hiding for a bit because you didn't get your own way. That's a reminder, I'm still waiting for an apology for you lying and saying I said shit I didn't. Honesty and integrity all that.

23 hours ago, Palfy said:

I see it differently, I see Doucoure in games that might not require his skill set so he doesn’t look as good, against Southampton for example I think another ball player such as James was needed in stead of player like him who is there to break up the opposition’s play or a half way house player like Davies who can give you a bit of both, Southampton weren’t dangerous enough to warrant both Doucoure and Allan in the same team. 
Doucoure doesn’t own the skills required to be a play maker and when his ability isn’t required he can’t give you much else, due mainly to a poor first touch and poor passing, so looks off the pace, if he plays against Chelsea he will be vying for man of the match, because his attributes will be badly needed Chelsea will have much more possession and he will thrive on breaking it down. 

You say Doucoure isn't a play maker (which he isn't in the James sense) but his movement creates space for himself and others. He is a play maker in the sense that if he didn't make that run, whatever else happened in the move wouldn't have happened especially when you look at the other players in that midfield who don't.

I also don't think he is a bad passer or the ball. I also don't think he has a bad touch, he just has good and bad games, as most of them do and in my opinion his last 3 or 4 games have been well below the level he has shown before which is why I think he is off the boil a bit. In the Soton came, his press wasn't as good as it usually is and he got dribbled around like he wasn't there which isn't like him.

19 minutes ago, Bailey said:

You say Doucoure isn't a play maker (which he isn't in the James sense) but his movement creates space for himself and others. He is a play maker in the sense that if he didn't make that run, whatever else happened in the move wouldn't have happened especially when you look at the other players in that midfield who don't.

I also don't think he is a bad passer or the ball. I also don't think he has a bad touch, he just has good and bad games, as most of them do and in my opinion his last 3 or 4 games have been well below the level he has shown before which is why I think he is off the boil a bit. In the Soton came, his press wasn't as good as it usually is and he got dribbled around like he wasn't there which isn't like him.

He was reminds me of a young Steven Gerrard in a way.  His running style and strength - also in the sense of his passing. Gerrard says himself he had great advise from Gary McAllister which was when you give the ball away - make sure your next pass is a short easy one.

Doucoure seems to try too hard with ambitious passes and does them in spurts. Far to many across the defence for my liking but I do like him as a player. 

20 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Have a read back through the last half dozen match days, there are plenty of grumbles based on letting the ball get away from him, and some of his short passing as been very poor, but he has other skill sets that more than make up for that part of his game, he’s a destroyer he breaks the opposition’s game plan up he is also a good reader of the game he knows when to drop stay or go unlike the ball magnet that once played for us, like I said I don’t think he shines for us so much in games that we have good possession in, just my take on what I think, and after all Bailey you did ask for people’s opinions. 

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

You know what sort of game he's going to have from the first time he gets the ball.

Absolutely!

To be fair, Allan does the same sloppy passes. But if they are both on the pitch they seem to recover the ball for each other. 

15 minutes ago, StevO said:

Absolutely!

To be fair, Allan does the same sloppy passes. But if they are both on the pitch they seem to recover the ball for each other. 

My problem with them both on the pitch is when we play lesser team’s we sacrifice a ball player for 2 ball winners, I also think Doucoure will come into his own against Chelsea.  

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

Have a read back through the last half dozen match days, there are plenty of grumbles based on letting the ball get away from him, and some of his short passing as been very poor, but he has other skill sets that more than make up for that part of his game, he’s a destroyer he breaks the opposition’s game plan up he is also a good reader of the game he knows when to drop stay or go unlike the ball magnet that once played for us, like I said I don’t think he shines for us so much in games that we have good possession in, just my take on what I think, and after all Bailey you did ask for people’s opinions. 

I enjoy the debate, its good to read other peoples views and I do agree with a lot of what you say as well. He does do all of those things well. He is a player that can make a difference in both boxes and everywhere in between. 

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I enjoy the debate, its good to read other peoples views and I do agree with a lot of what you say as well. He does do all of those things well. He is a player that can make a difference in both boxes and everywhere in between. 

I like how he fills the space he has a natural instinct of where to be he’s a defender and a slayer, I know I keep saying but tonight’s game was another prime example of that poor first touch and pass, I know that isn’t his forte but if that side of his game improved he would be one of the best in the world for his position. 

24 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Does he have access to Finch Farm? I hope not:unsure:

He seems well followed when I looked at his credentials ... 6 weeks is what he said. 

Ped from toffeetv seems to have taken it upon himself to tell Everton fans not to talk about it in order not to give Chelsea an advantage....

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

He seems well followed when I looked at his credentials ... 6 weeks is what he said. 

So he's a doctor as well as a fan who has access to the training ground then? Must be true.

(being sceptical and hoping I'm right to be but concerned all the same)

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

So he's a doctor as well as a fan who has access to the training ground then? Must be true.

(being sceptical and hoping I'm right to be but concerned all the same)

Just added further above.   

You just know by now that lots of things like this don't stay under wraps.  Of course many are bollocks but it seems to specify about a player to be doubtful.