IGNORED

Abdoulaye Doucouré

Peter H

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Since Allans injury he has covered so much ground that we haven’t missed Allans presence as much as I thought we would he’s stepped up to help fill that void and get forward, he is what they mean when they use the term box to box. 

I think he’s been brilliant since Allan’s been out but I think Carlo reacted to the loss of Allan (and Digne’s injury) by making us more solid with Holgate and Godfrey as full-backs. Digne is one of our best players but his injury forced our hand and almost helped us find our form - this now has helped a few players bed themselves in... notably Davies and Gomes, who look to have found a bit of form and Godfrey who looks indispensable and maybe even Doucoure who didn’t show us he’s this good until Allan’s injury. It’s a good problem to have and having Allan back can only help the squad.

• 2 weeks later...

He’s got one speed set to full and the tank never seems to empty which must be a nightmare for those playing against him, this come to the for against Liverpool in the 2nd half when they tired and couldn’t live with him.  For me he has a below average first touch and a sloppy short pass at times if he could improve on these side’s of his game he would be world class, the downside being he might not have been at Watford and come here for a bargain price. 

The biggest compliment I can pay to him over the last two games is that he has largely been terrible at some very basic things and for chunks of the game and yet he is still in the above average when compared to the other players on the pitch.

He looks like a managers dream in many ways because he does all the work you ask of him and he does it well (from a team perspective - ie, pressing, forward runs, defensive cover) even if the more individual things go awry.

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

We have to thank Silva for the introduction to Doucoure, it was said that when he left Watford he made a promise to Richarlison and Doucoure that he would take them with him, he got Richarlison and kept trying to get Doucoure, unfortunately for him he was sacked before Watford eventually accepted our offer. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We have to thank Silva for the introduction to Doucoure, it was said that when he left Watford he made a promise to Richarlison and Doucoure that he would take them with him, he got Richarlison and kept trying to get Doucoure, unfortunately for him he was sacked before Watford eventually accepted our offer. 

Thank him? The moron spunked the budget on a winger when it was the last position we needed strengthening and left us scrambling for loans for a centre mid, a position we needed strengthening.

13 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Thank him? The moron spunked the budget on a winger when it was the last position we needed strengthening and left us scrambling for loans for a centre mid, a position we needed strengthening.

I said for the introduction to Doucoure and Richarlison, not a clue why you’re banging on about something I never said, you need to acknowledge what I said and stop making up your own version of what I said. 
And the players you are on about can you be 100% sure that Brands never had a big say and input on them, I think the answer to that is no you can’t. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I said for the introduction to Doucoure and Richarlison, not a clue why you’re banging on about something I never said, you need to acknowledge what I said and stop making up your own version of what I said. 
And the players you are on about can you be 100% sure that Brands never had a big say and input on them, I think the answer to that is no you can’t. 

The bloke took us backwards at the cost of millions and you want to thank him?

Doucoure signed a new contract not long after we signed Richarlison. Silva had made his choice.

13 hours ago, pete0 said:

The bloke took us backwards at the cost of millions and you want to thank him?

Doucoure signed a new contract not long after we signed Richarlison. Silva had made his choice.

Yes I do want to thank him for Richarlison and starting the ball rolling with Doucoure, why you are escalating what I said regarding them two players with everything else Silva may or may not have done I really don’t know, you’re trying to create an argument over something that wasn’t said, I never mentioned Silva’s ability as a manager, but whilst your on the subject I was one of the first who wanted him dismissed, I also never mentioned any other signings he was involved in whether good bad or indifferent, I simply said we have got Silva to thank for Richarlison and Doucoure and I stand by that. So let’s just put this down to your OCD for an argument and a bad lockdown 😉

41 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Yes I do want to thank him for Richarlison and starting the ball rolling with Doucoure, why you are escalating what I said regarding them two players with everything else Silva may or may not have done I really don’t know, you’re trying to create an argument over something that wasn’t said, I never mentioned Silva’s ability as a manager, but whilst your on the subject I was one of the first who wanted him dismissed, I also never mentioned any other signings he was involved in whether good bad or indifferent, I simply said we have got Silva to thank for Richarlison and Doucoure and I stand by that. So let’s just put this down to your OCD for an argument and a bad lockdown 😉

Because he doesn’t like him. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Signed Digne, Richarlison, Mina, Iwobi, Bernard, - all who are very good to decent signings. 

Got Kurt Zouma in on loan.  

The biggest negative was signing Delph but not many seen that as a risk. 

You talking about Brands or Silva?

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

But he didn't set the ball rolling. Doucoure signed an extension after Silva signed Richarlison.

The squad had a glaring weaknesses in midfield, we needed a centre mid, ideally box to box. Whereas our strongest position was on the wings. Any manager worth their salt would have brought Doucoure. 

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

pete what managers of everton have you liked?  i don't know that you've liked any of the modern era, i could be wrong though.

The current one. Moyes for the first 5 years. Martinez but gave up on him in h his third season return he reverted back to tippy tappy shite. Big Dunc, Unworth, Royle. 

Marco Silva is the most inept manager I've ever seen at the club. Very rare we out bested a team. The game plan was inexplicable. Didn't develop a sigle youth player.

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

But he didn't set the ball rolling. Doucoure signed an extension after Silva signed Richarlison.

The squad had a glaring weaknesses in midfield, we needed a centre mid, ideally box to box. Whereas our strongest position was on the wings. Any manager worth their salt would have brought Doucoure. 

Pete for fuck sake he did read the article again Everton had been trying to sign him two and a half years before they got him, they were Silva’s two year’s, it’s no secret mate that he wanted Richarlison and Doucoure and they wanted to play for him, and in the time he was here he obviously convinced Brands he was worth pursuing, because when Carlo didn’t get his man Brands put Doucoure in the frame and the rest is history. 
Now the fact he failed here as a manager doesn’t mean we can’t acknowledge and thank him for some of his acquisitions and for the ones he brought to the attention of Brand’s who managed to get them after his departure. 

33 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Pete for fuck sake he did read the article again Everton had been trying to sign him two and a half years before they got him, they were Silva’s two year’s, it’s no secret mate that he wanted Richarlison and Doucoure and they wanted to play for him, and in the time he was here he obviously convinced Brands he was worth pursuing, because when Carlo didn’t get his man Brands put Doucoure in the frame and the rest is history. 
Now the fact he failed here as a manager doesn’t mean we can’t acknowledge and thank him for some of his accusations and for the ones he brought to the attention of Brand’s who managed to get them after his departure. 

If Silva wanted him he'd have been here first time round. If Silva convinced him he'd sign him in the next window, then why did Doucoure sign a new contract?

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Well if you are gonna slag off Silva for wasting money I'm assuming he made decisions on the spending? 

40 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Well if you are gonna slag off Silva for wasting money I'm assuming he made decisions on the spending? 

Obvious that Silva wanted Richarlison and Brands is responsible for most of the other signings. But you know that. Pathetic attempt to stir the pot.

27 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Obvious that Silva wanted Richarlison and Brands is responsible for most of the other signings. But you know that. Pathetic attempt to stir the pot.

Not stirring the pot at all.  Silva was shit, I was one of the first who wanted him in and one of the first who wanted him out.

To call him a waster of money when we firmly had a director of football is selective at best.  I don't think any players get bought without brands signing off on them.  

He clearly wanted Richarlison and Doucoure, the same way Carlo wanted Allan and James.... The rest is up to Brands, if he opposes then obviously that is a tough situation but that's why he is where he is 

Waste of money was the Walsh - Koeman through to Allardyce period. Criminal. 

49 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Not stirring the pot at all.  Silva was shit, I was one of the first who wanted him in and one of the first who wanted him out.

To call him a waster of money when we firmly had a director of football is selective at best.  I don't think any players get bought without brands signing off on them.  

He clearly wanted Richarlison and Doucoure, the same way Carlo wanted Allan and James.... The rest is up to Brands, if he opposes then obviously that is a tough situation but that's why he is where he is 

Waste of money was the Walsh - Koeman through to Allardyce period. Criminal. 

What proof is there that he wanted him? Silva was here for three transfer windows and we didn't sign him. 

He cost us millions from the league position alone. Add to that the cost of not making Europe. Add to that the cost of bringing him in the first place, compensation for fat Sam and eventually Watford. Add to that the extra cost Watford wanted for Richarlison.

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

If Silva wanted him he'd have been here first time round. If Silva convinced him he'd sign him in the next window, then why did Doucoure sign a new contract?

You will have to ask Doucoure that, but the club have confirmed they were trying to get him for 2 years before Ancelotti turned up, and didn’t Doucoure say he wanted to come here and thought his opportunity had gone when Silva departed, or have I just made that up?

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

What proof is there that he wanted him? Silva was here for three transfer windows and we didn't sign him. 

He cost us millions from the league position alone. Add to that the cost of not making Europe. Add to that the cost of bringing him in the first place, compensation for fat Sam and eventually Watford. Add to that the extra cost Watford wanted for Richarlison.

We bid twice for Doucoure under Silva and they knocked bids back. That's why we got Gbamin.

We only got him last year cos Watford were needing the cash.

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

We bid twice for Doucoure under Silva and they knocked bids back. That's why we got Gbamin.

We only got him last year cos Watford were needing the cash.

We signed Gbamin in Silva's third transfer window.

First year here we got Richarlison. Moshori backs his managers, if Silva wanted Doucoure he'd have been here.