IGNORED

Abdoulaye Doucouré

Peter H

18 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Well this is awkward, I thought he and Allan were pretty poor as a partnership today :lol:.

They were very good in some of the things they did, but the understanding was not there against a West Brom side that played very intelligent football. Our midfield looked disjointed, but that will go with time and experience.

9 minutes ago, London Blue said:

They were very good in some of the things they did, but the understanding was not there against a West Brom side that played very intelligent football. Our midfield looked disjointed, but that will go with time and experience.

I can agree with that, I'm probably being a bit overly critical because of just how good they looked last week.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I can agree with that, I'm probably being a bit overly critical because of just how good they looked last week.

In a way it was easier against Spurs as the emphasis was on them to attack and we hit them on the counter and took control. Against West Brom they were better than Spurs and the emphasis was on us. Main thing is we got the 3 points.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

it's interesting, the article i posted in the match day thread also said Carlo is a man of very few words.  Not a big rah rah type guy, just encouragement, and something small to improve on.  i'm guessing so many of these managers are yellers and screamers that when you get a calm collected Carlo, it's a different experience for the player.  probably why so many love him

45 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

it's interesting, the article i posted in the match day thread also said Carlo is a man of very few words.  Not a big rah rah type guy, just encouragement, and something small to improve on.  i'm guessing so many of these managers are yellers and screamers that when you get a calm collected Carlo, it's a different experience for the player.  probably why so many love him

He just cuts instructions to a minimum. 

Moyes used to give players loads of instructions.... It can be counter productive.  

He's a manager who rules by consequences....if you are crap you get dropped and replaced and he has the pull to bring in elite level replacements. 

They reckon silence is a big weapon, Ferguson used it alot. 

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

He just cuts instructions to a minimum. 

Moyes used to give players loads of instructions.... It can be counter productive.  

He's a manager who rules by consequences....if you are crap you get dropped and replaced and he has the pull to bring in elite level replacements. 

They reckon silence is a big weapon, Ferguson used it alot. 

Also accountability has been placed upon the players. Coleman eluded to it post final game last season. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MC11 said:

Not set the world a light so far. I thought he’d be more of a box to box midfielder. At present he seems very reluctant to get forward. 

I thought the same a very disappointing start to his Everton career, I was even expecting him to chip in with the odd goal now and then but honestly don’t remember him even having a shot at goal, very average at the moment. 

I think our midfeild will develop as we get in to the New Year and have said this from the beginning of the season. Still only a hand full of games and less that a couple of months for this group of midfeilders being together. I was really suprised how well the firsf couple of games went. Allan and Rodrigues do what they do as there roles are maybe a little more defined, - one create and the other destroy!!

Dacoure is a bit of both as and when needed in games. Slotting in as a right back at times on Sunday, so quite far removed from getting in and around the opositions box and scoring goals.

I think he is the midfeilder that we will start seeing steady improvment from with the benefit of more games. 

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Really poor today and a very underwhelming signing so far.

Not sure what he’s bringing to the team at the moment other than holding his position? 

He didn't even do that, mate. Absolutely bobbins in all aspects today but particularly bad at passing to a team mate - the amount of times he gave the ball away in the middle of the park was criminal.

I’m laughing because like everything on this forum it’s “what have you done for me lately”.  People raved about him when he first came here and He played well the first few games and people kept talking him up like a worldie.  He’s form has dropped and now “he’s shite” “get rid”.  FFS that’s stuff I expect from Liverpool and United fans not “thinking evertonians”.  He wears the badge let’s get behind him he’s played a ton of matches probably been one of the most consistent names on the team sheet, Might just need a rest.

I thought he started the game really well. His runs were causing more problems than anyone else but then he got worse as the game went on. Moving him to the right wing back role was odd as well. 

Him and Allan were swamped today, as they were last week. Allan did really well with the ball this week and Doucoure didn't. Defensively they will both have issues whilst they are being over run because there is too much to do.

As an example, at one point today two of the Leeds players had the ball on the edge of the box and I think it led to a shot from Phillips. Doucoure was trying to cover both men as the rest of the side was out of shape and he still managed to get an important touch on the ball to make it an easier save. 

Formation has been needs must situation in my opinion. Both our starting fullbacks out at once. Do that to liverpool and they will struggle as well.

Lets not jump down Doucoures throat. Won the game last week with his goal. Knows he should have scored today as well but he’s in the right areas. He works damn hard and both him and Allan are struggling with the 2 man midfield which is understandable.