IGNORED

Abdoulaye Doucouré

Peter H

Final note on this:-

OUR MIDFIELD WAS A CROCK OF SHIT AND IS STILL 2 INJURIES AWAY FROM RELEGATION QUALITY.

IF WE WENT AND BOUGHT DECOURE AND A.N OTHER THEN I WOULD BE HAPPY!!!

All very well having James Rodriguez and Richarlison......  About as much use as tits on a bull with the shite we've had to watch get walked through week after week.  Doucoure represents decent value and is proven at this level. No brainer.... Yes he's not Paul scholes or Fran lampard but let's get some perspective

10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I'm not sure Scholes defended all that well 😂.

The beauty of those two was that Keane did more of the dirty work but that didn't mean Scholes didn't. He did his fair share as well, its just one was better at it and the other was better technically. Keane was such a simple footballer but IMO that's a great commodity. No real weakness other than his temper. Scholes on the other hand was incredible. 

Haha a few ankles in the premier league agree with you about Scholes. 
Im sure you get my point about them both having it in their game to do both sides, but each had their strength. There was none of this “he’s a holding midfielder and he’s attacking” they just both did what was needed. 
Two incredibly gifted players, who played the game simply. Apart from when Scholes would do some unbelievable pass or volley into the back of the net. 

55 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

great so we wasted 25m on gomes and 25m on gbamin, that's 50m on 2 bench players.  this is my point.  seems overkill.  happy to be proved wrong.  

add £45M Gylfi to that!!

Not overkill at all - I see our starting midfield as Allan, Doucoure, Gomes and Rodriguez  - Gbmin not fit yet but will be on bench to start with, but there will be injuries etc so cover will be needed. If any half decent offer comes in for Davies, Delph  or Gylfi - they get them moved one or two of them on. 

I get where Mark is coming from with position of need, and honestly I've never been impressed watching him either, however if Brands and Carlo want him 25m is a 'bargain'. It would probably be double if Watford stayed up and we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Signing Doucoure doesn't excite me but Brands/Carlo getting another one of their targets in the door at a decent fee does. I look forward to Doucoure proving me wrong! 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Gana wasn’t a sitting DM

I know he wasn’t he was headless chicken with a ball magnet for a brain, football is so much more than running all round the pitch trying to win the ball, it’s knowing how to mark a man and close down space and hold, not running around aimlessly like you’ve got a couple Duracell shoved up his arse😉

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I know he wasn’t he was headless chicken with a ball magnet for a brain, football is so much more than running all round the pitch trying to win the ball, it’s knowing how to mark a man and close down space and hold, not running around aimlessly like you’ve got a couple Duracell shoved up his arse😉

You see aimlessly, others see a press that’s being asked by his manager and his tactics. 
You’re going to hate Allan. 
😂

22 minutes ago, StevO said:

You see aimlessly, others see a press that’s being asked by his manager and his tactics. 
You’re going to hate Allan. 
😂

😂 I hope not, I don’t think I could manage another Gana in the team. 
The thing with a pressing game is you do it as a team not one man running around exposing the space and players behind them. 
It won’t  take Allan long to realise that as a central defender Keane has no pace so will hang back as close to 18 yard box as humanly possible for fear of a ball over the top and a race back, if Ancelotti wants to play a an out and out pressing game he needs to get a lot more pace in the back line.

Doucoure is a great buy for us, strong, agile and full of energy and running. Having watched him for Watford he is an all rounder, can tackle, can pass, can press and can drive forward. What he does he does with energy and aggression. Things our midfield have truly lacked.

I think he is best at getting the ball and driving forward, he is strong and difficult to take the ball from. He can get us up the pitch.

With the other signings we have a ready made quality midfield that will allow younger players to develop, and quality players like Gomes, Richarlison and Bernard to play without pressure of the team being so dependant on them creating something.

I hope and prey this means Delph and Siggy leave as they are now surplus to requirements, and will not get any game time barring injuries and suspensions.

Truly a very exciting season lies ahead, if we can blend them together quickly enough.

4 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Bit early to be calling Gomes or Gbamin a waste isn’t it? That aside, it’s the reality at all clubs with some money that you’re going to have expensive players in the bench. For example, James Rodríguez at Real Madrid.

Right now it seems he is.

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

Right now it seems he is.

That’s quite a negative way of looking at it. Player gets hurt before he has a chance to show us what he has and he’s labeled a waste? The Gomes characterization is even worse as he’s shown good ability for us at times and also suffered a bad injury that will take time to completely get over. I hope the club doesn’t treat these guys like some of the fan base apparently does and actually gives them a chance before rendering judgement. Fair play to criticize whatever you’d like but it rings hollow when it’s directed at players who haven’t been given a fair run to prove themselves. 

Gomes is a quality player, end of discussion.

You do not get signed by Barcelona and play at the level he has without having a very high level of ability.

We have all seen his displays for us, his passing, vision and leadership on the pitch, not to mention his qualities off it.

He has suffered a serious injury, played for managers not worthy of the title and in teams nowhere near his ability so his form dipped, but that is understandable. His quality is perminant.

I cant wait to see him play in Everton team with the new signings under Carlo.

Gambin has not had the chance to show his ability, but all accounts from his time in France he will be an important player for us. He deserves time to prove himself.

I wish we would try supporting our team for a change not ripping at them before the season has even started.

(Siggy and Delph not included as they have proven their inability to be part of Everton)

3 hours ago, London Blue said:

Gomes is a quality player, end of discussion.

You do not get signed by Barcelona and play at the level he has without having a very high level of ability.

We have all seen his displays for us, his passing, vision and leadership on the pitch, not to mention his qualities off it.

He has suffered a serious injury, played for managers not worthy of the title and in teams nowhere near his ability so his form dipped, but that is understandable. His quality is perminant.

I cant wait to see him play in Everton team with the new signings under Carlo.

Gambin has not had the chance to show his ability, but all accounts from his time in France he will be an important player for us. He deserves time to prove himself.

I wish we would try supporting our team for a change not ripping at them before the season has even started.

(Siggy and Delph not included as they have proven their inability to be part of Everton)

The reason he was signed by Barca is certainly clear.... Very talented player.

Sadly the reason he was allowed to leave is evident too ... Woefully inconsistent.  This isn't an injury thing... Look at match threads from December 19 through to Feb.  

I'm hoping the new signings get the best from him as there is a player there but this injury/poor form thing isn't true. 

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Sadly the reason he was allowed to leave is evident too ... Woefully inconsistent.  This isn't an injury thing... Look at match threads from December 19 through to Feb.  

I'm hoping the new signings get the best from him as there is a player there but this injury/poor form thing isn't true. 

Lets give him a chance with a proper midfield though Haf, far too often he has been the only player in the center of the park taking the game on.

I feel it this year, an absolute different kettle of fish with this midfield.

35 minutes ago, Btay said:

Lets give him a chance with a proper midfield though Haf, far too often he has been the only player in the center of the park taking the game on.

I feel it this year, an absolute different kettle of fish with this midfield.

That's what I'm hoping for. At Barca he had busquets, xavi etc and struggled for consistency. 

Let's hope eh

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

The injury is unfortunately all to real, his time at Benfica and Valencia showed he can maintain very good form. Barcelona is a test unlike any other, many many very good players go there and suffocate and have to leave to re find their career. 

11 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

That’s quite a negative way of looking at it. Player gets hurt before he has a chance to show us what he has and he’s labeled a waste? The Gomes characterization is even worse as he’s shown good ability for us at times and also suffered a bad injury that will take time to completely get over. I hope the club doesn’t treat these guys like some of the fan base apparently does and actually gives them a chance before rendering judgement. Fair play to criticize whatever you’d like but it rings hollow when it’s directed at players who haven’t been given a fair run to prove themselves. 

I'm not criticising a player with an unfortunate injury but in terms of investment we haven't got any return, in what is now over a year, for the outlay. I want him back to show what we have missed.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

That's what I'm hoping for. At Barca he had busquets, xavi etc and struggled for consistency. 

Let's hope eh

I know what you are saying pal. I really hope he finds those consistent levels because he’s simply a joy to watch.

The thought of Gomes and James linking up is unreal. Allan and Doucoure to add the steel as well. I’m so excited for what this team could potentially achieve.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

At least he's at a club which seems to be showing in some belief and love this time. That might make the difference. 

He's not just arrived mate, he's been here a good while now.  I'm not being negative but this "played bad cos of midfield partners or injury' is bollocks.

He's played well after injury, played well with good and bad partners.... We know how good he can be but he needs to find it from himself.  He just struggled with getting his head right at times, dimple as that.