IGNORED

Abdoulaye Doucouré

Peter H

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, StevO said:

Players still talk highly of Carlo now he’s gone. I’m sure we will have similar interviews in six months about how nice Rafa was. 😂

I doubt it. Carlo is a world-class manager, and I don't blame him for moving to Real Madrid (just the way he did it). Rafael Benitez is no longer a world-class manager (and I question whether he ever was). I'll be interested to hear what the players really thought of him - which is bound to come out over time.

Just now, Shukes said:

Doucoure won’t be a big part of our Lampards plans? 
Bails…. Are you round Palfys drinking Luke warm red wine again?

🤣🤣

I am not sure he would start over Allan or Donny. Do you? 

I think he will be looking to upgrade the quality of that central midfield in the summer too. Can you see Doucoure taking the ball under pressure on the half term and playing a quick, accurate pass? That isn't his game at all.

The best version of Doucoure is when he is breaking up play and getting forward, doing laps, up and down the pitch.

29 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I am not sure whether he will be a big part of Lampard's plans. Technically he is quite poor and I think Lampard will want players that are better on the ball than he is.

That still makes him 3rd choice as I don't see Gomes being an option anymore.

No he won’t be a big part of lampards plans……. He will be a huge part of lampards plans. 

I think Lampard will play 433 and rotate the front line before considering having a player with doucs ability to run, press and carry the ball on the bench. if he is fit he will play and will start with Gordon, Richy, DCL as a front line.