IGNORED

Abdoulaye Doucouré

Peter H

17 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Good news as he’s still a very important player - we should be looking at the contingency plan, even as soon as next season, as he’s hitting his twilight years. Willock at Newcastle is someone I’d be keeping an eye on if we were looking for like for like.

No. Keep what we know. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He’s our only true box to box midfielder in the sense he has the stamina, speed and athleticism to get up and down the pitch in time with the pace of the game. One minute he’s backing the front man up the next he’s helping the defenders, he pretty much does the work of 2 men, he may not have the technical ability on the ball that some would like hence the criticism from some on his passing abilities, yet we have no one in the team who can replace what he does he has got to be the embodiment of what Dyche wants from a player in his system. 

9 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

DCL looks completely isolated when Doucoure doesn’t play. I know Danjuma doesn’t offer anything defensively but can’t understand why he hasn’t been given a go behind DCL while Doucs has been out 

I think you answer your own question, Harrison is better defensively and would be better suited, but whoever took Harrison’s role would need to help out Paterson 

18 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

I think you answer your own question, Harrison is better defensively and would be better suited, but whoever took Harrison’s role would need to help out Paterson 

I don’t think I have. Harrison can’t play that role he is an out and out winger. Where as Danjuma has a wealth of experience playing behind the main striker, in fact Dyche is on record as saying that is where he saw Danjuma’s best position yet he won’t play him there

20 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I don’t think I have. Harrison can’t play that role he is an out and out winger. Where as Danjuma has a wealth of experience playing behind the main striker, in fact Dyche is on record as saying that is where he saw Danjuma’s best position yet he won’t play him there

I know what you mean, but I think Harrisons best games have been central. He can run and run and run, might as well have it doing the work centrally 

15 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

When you have a rather thin squad, you have no option but to build a strategy around specific players. There's no doubt that Doucoure is central to our approach right now, so it's not so surprising that we've struggled a little. Still, there were always going to be bumps in the road. What matters is the long haul.

I agree, up side is we have this season got used to good performances and winning points, so to have a game or two without either or both these elements is disappoiting. The last few years it was a job to see in what game points might come from. Our expectations have increased massivley - From day 1 Doucs in the team under Dyche has been a big element in this, so there is going to be a bit of a hole in the team when he's out. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, c1982 said:

Far too important to lose… BUT if it’s ridiculous money (with some available to reinvest), the club can’t turn it down. Unfortunately, that’s where we are - no player is untouchable.

True but there's others I'd sell before him 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

We would need something mad like £70m to lose him this month. 

We need what ever is required to beat the next sustainability charge as a minimum any thing above that would be a bonus, and can go against fighting 23-24 breaches. But personally I would rather see Onana being sold off if anyone has to go.