IGNORED

Burnley (Away) Saturday March 3rd

markjazzbassist

Hoping Funes Mori and Baines get healthy soon.  Want back 4 of Coleman, Holgate, Funes Mori, and Baines rest of this season.  Admittedly Holgate and Funes Mori haven’t played with each other, but Williams-Keane pairing is shockingly poor.  Funes Mori may still be a red card waiting to happen, but at least he is a threat to score on a header.  

31 minutes ago, Bailey said:

If you have ever played alongside someone as dodgy as Martina you would know that it will. At least Keane can then just focus on his own game and not Martinas as well.

I'm sure Martina would say the same about playing with Keane and Gana. He has an impossible job at times but has been solid enough at the back. 

28 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I take it that it's gueye fault that Williams and Keane look shite? 

He played apart in the build up for most of their chances. You had a go at Lukaku losing the ball in the oppositions half yet no problem with Gana giving away the ball and silly free kicks. Not like you to have double standards... 

13 minutes ago, Bailey said:

That cunt should never play for us again. 

A team full of fucking shithouses.

Add Gana, Schneiderlin, and Keane to that. Jags too. Fuck them all off. Make Coleman captain and fine anyone who jogs back or shirks a challenge. This team has no fight. 

What a shit second half. More than enough warning signs of them getting a goal. Why does everyone get so many changes against us? Walcott should've had it to bed but at least he was trying unlike the Walsh brigade. Fucking throw them all in the mersey. 

Just now, Hoof_It_Nev said:

Probably in the minority here, but the Williams red seemed a bit harsh to me? The bloke had his hand on Williams' face so he pushed him away. There wasn't an impact that I could see, I guess he was just a bit too strong. 

You can't do what he done. He's got form for this. Hes a Fuckin tit. 

What an abject performance. So many stats and records broken in the game that prove what an absolute fuckin joke we are at the minute. 

I don’t care about what having 4 managers in the season looks like to everyone. If that useless crooked bastard is allowed on the bus tonight then the board can go fuck themselves. 

Enough is enough. 

We had a massive hard-on for Silva, so much that we were gonna pay £15 million, he’s available now,  I’m not convinced how good he is but one thing is for certain..........he is better than this disgrace we currently have 

Just now, hafnia said:

Laughed when the commentator questioned him subbing gylfi and mentioning our fans. 

That's the straw that broke the fat shits back. There's no coming back after that.

43 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Fuck sake.

As someone said, feel for those who put the effort in only to be let down, again, by our 2 CB's.

Yes I know Allardyce will get both barrels, and rightly so, but come on lads, how many times have these CB's let us down? Far too often.

You are right the CBs did let us down but Allardyce had an option to change it an never took it or couldn’t see it. Holgate should have gone on for Keane Davies shouldn’t have been taken off for Rooney that was him trying to defend a 1-1 so take Davies off he’s dared to cross the halfway line, if anyone should have come off in the midfield it should have been Gana he wasn’t in the game today but haven said that I would have left him on instead of introducing Rooney.  And Niasse for Tosun fair enough he was tiring and Niasse can make a difference. 

52 minutes ago, Bill said:

Keane and Williams are so shite, how the fook did somebody want to buy them, they were torn apart by two average championship players.

Holgate, Mori, Jags, or even some young lads from the U23s must play the remainder of the season.

They must, but they won't. Only reason Allardyce won't play Williams now is that he can't. 

8 minutes ago, rubecula said:

Anybody know why he took siggy off?

I think he wanted to go 2 up top and because he has already brought Rooney on, Siggy was the only one could realistically come off.

He could have just moved Rooney up top, dropped Siggy deeper and and then made the change, but that would be thinking outside the box.

I really don't know where to start with todays game. From the very first whistle, you could tell that they were going to cause us a lot of problems. They had a game plan, and in fairness I thought we did in the first half, but in the second they changed their personnel and we did make changes eventually but they were all for the worse.

Both Keane and Cuco were all over the place. Terrible positioning, weak defending and they just didnt want to be there today. Burnleys big boys just blew them away. Keane and Cuco are both big lads themselves but they didnt want it enough. With Cuco, you know that, he just isnt the type of player to give a shit, maybe he is just that laid back, but Keane is meant to be a traditional English centre half, who had come through the Burnley school of hard knocks but here he was playing like an absolute bottle job. The one small incident that summed up his mentality was when a 30-40 yard ball was played into Barnes and Keane had clearly had enough of the physical battle and just let him control the ball and turn, not even threatening to put in a challenge.

Ahead of these two was a midfield 3 that was unfortunately destined to struggle. For all his brain farts in possession, Rooney is good in that deeper role because he has a brain. He has the experience to see whats happening around him and control Gana and to some extent Davies. Davies is best buzzing around, Gana is a headless chicken without someone marshalling him (which was witnessed so many times today, he was involved in a lot of their first half chances), and Gylfi also isnt a natural centre midfielder and he doesnt think like a player that wants to control the centre of the park. Davies was pretty terrible on the ball for most of the game but his work rate, energy and forward runs give us an extra dynamic and we lost that when he went off. He presses more aggressively too and we just lost that. Gylfi played well, he influenced the game in an attacking sense but in my opinion its no surprise to see Burnely create as many chances as they did. That midfield is not designed to protect their goal.

DCL was a passenger and for the most part Walcott was too. It was a bit pointless DCL being on the pitch in my opinion, he adds nothing from that position and yet Vlasic cant make the bench? Walcott was really poor, almost reverting to type from his Arsenal days. Poor finishing, poor decision making and a real mixed bag in respect of his passing and crossing. He is a quality player, a real technician and the first couple of games he made a real impact because you could see him wanting to make a difference but the last two games he has got sloppy again and he should have made the telling contribution to sealing the 3 points in that first half.

Tosun probably did as good as he could in the circumstances. Whoever plays up top for us at the moment is in for a tough time and I dont think you can really say that he could have done much more. His confidence visibly improved after scoring and looked like he might get another, but after the break he was completely isolated, terrible service and he was chasing lost causes.

I didnt really get the substitutions/bench either. Firstly if Baines is fit he should be starting and not sat on the bench. Secondly, if you want to start trying to control the game more by bringing on Rooney, keep Davies buzzing around, take off DCL and move Siggy wide. The average position map shows that he was pretty much playing their anyway and after the change, bar one chance, I thought his impact waned, so at least then you have your 3 controlling players, in the positions they have been when we have been at our best. Then you still have the chance to go 2 up top later on, but with Cenk and Niasse. Finally, Bolasie needs to play some games somewhere and until he shows any signs of actually being a footballer again he should be nowhere near the first team. Vlasic is already twice the player Bolasie is, I find it mind blowing that his space on the bench is being taken by him.

As far as the manager goes, he should be out the door now. We aren't getting anything out of him as manager. We are worse defensively than under Koeman. We are just as bad from an attacking perspective too. Waiting for Fonseca is a dangerous game unless something has been agreed already. Wenger could be gone by the summer, Conte too, so an up and coming manager like him could be lined up for one of those two, so unless something is signed, get Silva in because he cant be any worse than this shower and then we can hopefully finish the season with a flourish and the players will hopefully feel like they are playing for their Everton careers, not just waiting for a new man to come in.

22 hours ago, pete0 said:

He'd not have got the goals Niasse has. We'd be in a relegation scrap with him. Failed at every other club and done nothing at international level. He's not missed when he doesn't play, if anything they look better with Son up front as he's a team player unlike Harry hit and hope Kane. 

Back on topic, Gana has been all over the shop. 

Did you see the spurs game? Kane didn't score but he was outstanding.

His assist for the second was beckham-esque, he set up the first with a chested layoff.... movement had the defenders all over the place.

He's a complete centre forward. You are  the only person on here who doesn't think so. 

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

Did you see the spurs game? Kane didn't score but he was outstanding.

His assist for the second was beckham-esque, he set up the first with a chested layoff.... movement had the defenders all over the place.

He's a complete centre forward. You are  the only person on here who doesn't think so. 

His second assist all season. What a team player he is... 

Stop strawmanning any way, this is the Burnley thread no one mentioned Harry Kane. 

Gana was all over shop as per usual. We're always gonna give away more chances than we create with him in the team. His positioning exposes us defensively and stifles is going forward. No coincidence he's the constant in this shitfest we've been experiencing since Moshiri opened his cheque book. Gana and Walsh should be the first two out the door. Swiftly followed by Schneiderlin and Keane. Add to that the oldies Jags and Williams. 

20 hours ago, Bailey said:

I really don't know where to start with todays game. From the very first whistle, you could tell that they were going to cause us a lot of problems. They had a game plan, and in fairness I thought we did in the first half, but in the second they changed their personnel and we did make changes eventually but they were all for the worse.

Both Keane and Cuco were all over the place. Terrible positioning, weak defending and they just didnt want to be there today. Burnleys big boys just blew them away. Keane and Cuco are both big lads themselves but they didnt want it enough. With Cuco, you know that, he just isnt the type of player to give a shit, maybe he is just that laid back, but Keane is meant to be a traditional English centre half, who had come through the Burnley school of hard knocks but here he was playing like an absolute bottle job. The one small incident that summed up his mentality was when a 30-40 yard ball was played into Barnes and Keane had clearly had enough of the physical battle and just let him control the ball and turn, not even threatening to put in a challenge.

Ahead of these two was a midfield 3 that was unfortunately destined to struggle. For all his brain farts in possession, Rooney is good in that deeper role because he has a brain. He has the experience to see whats happening around him and control Gana and to some extent Davies. Davies is best buzzing around, Gana is a headless chicken without someone marshalling him (which was witnessed so many times today, he was involved in a lot of their first half chances), and Gylfi also isnt a natural centre midfielder and he doesnt think like a player that wants to control the centre of the park. Davies was pretty terrible on the ball for most of the game but his work rate, energy and forward runs give us an extra dynamic and we lost that when he went off. He presses more aggressively too and we just lost that. Gylfi played well, he influenced the game in an attacking sense but in my opinion its no surprise to see Burnely create as many chances as they did. That midfield is not designed to protect their goal.

DCL was a passenger and for the most part Walcott was too. It was a bit pointless DCL being on the pitch in my opinion, he adds nothing from that position and yet Vlasic cant make the bench? Walcott was really poor, almost reverting to type from his Arsenal days. Poor finishing, poor decision making and a real mixed bag in respect of his passing and crossing. He is a quality player, a real technician and the first couple of games he made a real impact because you could see him wanting to make a difference but the last two games he has got sloppy again and he should have made the telling contribution to sealing the 3 points in that first half.

Tosun probably did as good as he could in the circumstances. Whoever plays up top for us at the moment is in for a tough time and I dont think you can really say that he could have done much more. His confidence visibly improved after scoring and looked like he might get another, but after the break he was completely isolated, terrible service and he was chasing lost causes.

I didnt really get the substitutions/bench either. Firstly if Baines is fit he should be starting and not sat on the bench. Secondly, if you want to start trying to control the game more by bringing on Rooney, keep Davies buzzing around, take off DCL and move Siggy wide. The average position map shows that he was pretty much playing their anyway and after the change, bar one chance, I thought his impact waned, so at least then you have your 3 controlling players, in the positions they have been when we have been at our best. Then you still have the chance to go 2 up top later on, but with Cenk and Niasse. Finally, Bolasie needs to play some games somewhere and until he shows any signs of actually being a footballer again he should be nowhere near the first team. Vlasic is already twice the player Bolasie is, I find it mind blowing that his space on the bench is being taken by him.

As far as the manager goes, he should be out the door now. We aren't getting anything out of him as manager. We are worse defensively than under Koeman. We are just as bad from an attacking perspective too. Waiting for Fonseca is a dangerous game unless something has been agreed already. Wenger could be gone by the summer, Conte too, so an up and coming manager like him could be lined up for one of those two, so unless something is signed, get Silva in because he cant be any worse than this shower and then we can hopefully finish the season with a flourish and the players will hopefully feel like they are playing for their Everton careers, not just waiting for a new man to come in.

isn'tt it strange how we can all watch the same game but come to different conclusions on somethings and agree on others.

I agree with you that Keane was very poor in my opinion the player on the pitch closely followed by Williams, I don't agree with your views that Cuco was all over the place, I thought he acquitted himself really well and done his job never stood out as a weak link in the game probably one of his better games.

I agree with you on Gana he was hopeless or as you said headless, yesterday really highlighted how poor his positional and decision making are, I didn't agree with your assessment of Gylfi I thought he owned the position he played in linked up well with players around him got us on the front foot and looked dangerous he needs to play there every week and not wide left as you suggested for me. Davies pretty much agree with your assessment but I would add in his defence he needs to play he's the battler in the team we need his fight.

DCL was very poor Walcott and Coleman poor I was expecting more from them but they didn't click.

Tosun was a breath of fresh air can hold the ball up got a good first touch made telling passes strong full of endeavour, tired in the second half which was to be expected due to the amount of game time he's had, you didn't seem that animated about him you sort of glossed over his performance.

In the next game I would drop Keane, DCL, Gana and Williams if he hadn't already dropped himself, put in Holgate, Jags or Mori if fit, Vlasic for DCL and Schneiderlin or Rooney for Gana.

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

His second assist all season. What a team player he is... 

Stop strawmanning any way, this is the Burnley thread no one mentioned Harry Kane. 

Gana was all over shop as per usual. We're always gonna give away more chances than we create with him in the team. His positioning exposes us defensively and stifles is going forward. No coincidence he's the constant in this shitfest we've been experiencing since Moshiri opened his cheque book. Gana and Walsh should be the first two out the door. Swiftly followed by Schneiderlin and Keane. Add to that the oldies Jags and Williams. 

Why was that post a strawman??? I think you need to understand what a strawman is (along with what makes a good and bad footballer too)

He never got the assist for the first goal but his contribution was the most technical and decisive....  bit like pienaar for us. Anyway.... waste of time debating with you.  The majority of the football world can't decide if Kane is the best striker in the world or Suarez or aguero..... you don't even think he is good enough for us!!! 

8 hours ago, Palfy said:

isn'ttt it strange how we can all watch the same game but come to different conclusions on somethings and agree on others.

I agree with you that Keane was very poor in my opinion the player on the pitch closely followed by Williams, I don't agree with your views that Cuco was all over the place, I thought he acquitted himself really well and done his job never stood out as a weak link in the game probably one of his better games.

I agree with you on Gana he was hopeless or as you said headless, yesterday really highlighted how poor his positional and decision making are, I didn't agree with your assessment of Gylfi I thought he owned the position he played in linked up well with players around him got us on the front foot and looked dangerous he needs to play there every week and not wide left as you suggested for me. Davies pretty much agree with your assessment but I would add in his defence he needs to play he's the battler in the team we need his fight.

DCL was very poor Walcott and Coleman poor I was expecting more from them but they didn't click.

Tosun was a breath of fresh air can hold the ball up got a good first touch made telling passes strong full of endeavour, tired in the second half which was to be expected due to the amount of game time he's had, you didn't seem that animated about him you sort of glossed over his performance.

In the next game I would drop Keane, DCL, Gana and Williams if he hadn't already dropped himself, put in Holgate, Jags or Mori if fit, Vlasic for DCL and Schneiderlin or Rooney for Gana.

To be fair we more or less agree on the whole. The big difference just being Cuco. 

I do agree with you largely on Gylfi, he was my Motm for the reasons you state, but putting him in the midfield with Gana and Davies is going to lead to problems. Swap Matic for Gana for example and it' a different ball game.