IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

i like to swim and go to the beach.  not rich so i can't afford a boat/jet ski.  but i do enjoy the outdoors and the lake yes.  just interested in what life is like over there.  

cold and damp mostly but it can get bad at times too.  ///////////////not everyone can enjoy the sun kissed arctic realms.  You will find the river is a tidal type and as suchis dark and salty from the sea,  Liverpool bay extends along the coast of North Wales and up the Lancashire coast.  

12 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i like to swim and go to the beach.  not rich so i can't afford a boat/jet ski.  but i do enjoy the outdoors and the lake yes.  just interested in what life is like over there.  

Pretty sure that's not what he was getting at ;)

51 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

in reference to the sophomoric comment by J i have no idea, had to look it up on urban dictionary. i would not want to look at that guy's browser history...

Assume sophomoric isn'tt a friendly reply:lol:.  Each to their own I say (even though J was tongue in cheek I'm sure-or maybe not, doesn't matter either way). Consenting adults x 2 (or more)? Do anything you want to do!

20 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Assume sophomoric isn'ttt a friendly reply:lol:.  Each to their own I say (even though J was tongue in cheek I'm sure-or maybe not, doesn't matter either way). Consenting adults x 2 (or more)? Do anything you want to do!

soph·o·mor·ic
ˌsäf(ə)ˈmôrik/
adjective

1. relating to or characteristic of a sophomore.
    "my sophomoric years"
    • pretentious or juvenile.
      "sophomoric double entendres"

8 hours ago, Aidan Lewis said:

One of those are you?!

You'll need a visa after brexit to get to goodison then mate.;)

In all seriousness, the Cornish are not English. We have our own language, almost identical to Welsh and Breton, although the English stamped it out by forbidding it in schools and implying it was "common" to speak. My last name comes from that language, and it was the native tongue of my ancestors. Language is one of the surest indicators of a distinct culture and, most often, distinct nation. The language is not even Germanic; it originates in Asia Minor. Yes, maybe I take the matter a little too seriously :) , but I'm proud of my heritage - even if it requires me to secure a visa. ;)

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

In all seriousness, the Cornish are not English. We have our own language, almost identical to Welsh and Breton, although the English stamped it out by forbidding it in schools and implying it was "common" to speak. My last name comes from that language, and it was the native tongue of my ancestors. Language is one of the surest indicators of a distinct culture and, most often, distinct nation. The language is not even Germanic; it originates in Asia Minor. Yes, maybe I take the matter a little too seriously :) , but I'm proud of my heritage - even if it requires me to secure a visa. ;)

Which is why it’s so easy to wind you up mate :P 

9 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I didn' know the name Steve came from common tongue 😜

I am getting very suspicious about the entire project just now.  To me it seems that they are either ashamed of the design for some reason, or they have no clue what to build.

In fact they may want to keep the design under wraps because they can convince the braindead how good it is on days when they have bad news to hide away.

Yes I am becoming very pessimsticly suspicious.

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

England isn’t even a country. We’re all British but speak regional dialects. English has been adopted as the common language in Britain.

Cornwall is one of the most beautiful parts of the English county. Amazing place.

Plenty of people in north Wales speak Welsh and no English. English may be the predominant language, but it’s not required by any means. 

6 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Plenty of people in north Wales speak Welsh and no English. English may be the predominant language, but it’s not required by any means. 

It’s not required that you can speak at all.... but it helps! 

I’m from the midlands and we speak our own language! Not like you southern foreigners!

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

It’s not required that you can speak at all.... but it helps! 

I’m from the midlands and we speak our own language! Not like you southern foreigners!

The English don't speak English in general :)  Like any language, it's a name to generalise for the sake of convenience

22 minutes ago, rubecula said:

the English language has so many dialects it is odd we can understand each other

I had a French girlfriend years back and she was explaining how didficult it was to learn as one word could mean several different things depending on context.

She said her father was mad with her for having an English boyfriend as they were brought up to hate us. Just like the Cornish!